Kushwreck & Others - Soil - HPS - CFL - 2014 - First HPS Grow

Re: Kushwreck+More/ Soil/ HPS+CFL/ 2014 (first hps grow)

Good job, everything is looking nice. Props for moving the lights down, the closer the better (if heat allows). And ya let them babies blow around in the wind. You will soon have tree trunks.

Ive been wanting to move the lights, but since this is my first time with the HPS i wanted to move them gradually so i dont cook the plants. the was i did the light hood worked out perfect though, the tip of the CFL's are about 6 in from the very bottom of the HPS bulb, and about 3 in from the tops of the plants, which makes the HPS 9 inches from the tops of the plants which i feel will be perfect! at least from the little bit of reading ive done it seems perfect, the temp at plant level is good after a few hours, it got up in the mid 80s for a little but then i realized the vent popped off of the light hood, whoopsie daisy.

UPDATE:

THE SECRET FORMULA!!

IMAG035813.jpg

( haha just kidding, its a little bit of FoxFarms Grow Big, i got it from a friend and had nothing else to put it in and he wasnt letting me borrow his gallon lol )

starting to look good, you can tell the one in center is in diff soil, the 4 on the outside are 2 days behind and already surpassing it in size.

IMAG036913.jpg

IMAG036013.jpg
IMAG036316.jpg

the middle one, not as healthy.

IMAG036616.jpg

and for tits and giggles, a shot with the measuring tape on one of the purple karmas ( 4 on the outside of the drip tray ) lets see how much of a difference 24hours make.

also, watered today with a very VERY light feeding of nutes since i got the grow big figured why not try it out. i mixed .5 ML of GB and .3 G of +LIFE to a 1/2 Gallon of water. thats about a 1/5 -1/6 strength ratio. they should be fine, keyword should.

Wow I'm an idiot, just realized i have my lights on a 19/5 schedule haha. Maybe i couldn't decide between 20/4 or 18/6 and thats what my brain came out with. oh well its staying that way now.

UPDATE: junked the Kushwreck. prolly gunna junk the other one thats falling behind too. after spending a day with a close friend and talking, once this first batch of plants finishes im going to start a new journal for the perpetual grow im going to attempt.

in other news, BOOM, rapid growth is starting. plants seem to love the light feeding of nutes i gave them. 24hrs from last pic.

24hr.jpg

36hrs ( today )

IMAG037418.jpg

Damn it got hot today, had to start runnin the a/c. temps got up to 89 but got it back down to 80, if i leave the closet door open a bit itll get down to the low 70's so i might just start doing that.

I setup a dual fan blowing the cold A/C air right at my intake fan

IMAG037516.jpg

But im thinking of just leaving the door cracked a bit, and putting this inside the closet for more air flow, and it would fit perfectly along one of the side walls.

IMAG037612.jpg

Thoughts?

Does that fan have a temperature control? And nothing wronge with 19/5. From what i have heard if you slowly decrease ur light until you reach 12/12, the plants think the day is getting shorter and grow faster to be ready for flower.

yes the fan has a temp control/thermostat

UPDATE:

took out the other plant that was lagging behind, put it on the window sill but it prolly gonna get trashed. started germinating some more seeds, more bag seeds. getting some quality seeds soon hopefully. ( not to say you cant get some delicious herb from bag seeds ).

the four purple karmas look good, they are a week old today.

IMAG038219.jpg
IMAG038118.jpg

Finally got your "3 set" leaves. Next will be your 5's and then 7 and 9. They are getting closer to maturity every day. Great job so far!

PS: dont toss all your slow growers, they will catch up. They might be working on their roots. I would trash them if they are very behind at 1 month.

i just want a nice uniform growth, and it was in different soil, if it was in the same soil and lacking behing then id keep it but since its in a diff soil im just gunna take it out and start more using the good soil.

What is your plan on starting more. Arent you worries about a big difference in canopy height?

Im gunna be topping and training to keep a somewhat uniform canopy, but im gunna end up putting some outside too. and since theyre not fem seed, I always plan on having atleast half of them be males, sometimes its less sometimes more. so i figure out of the 4 that i already have ill keep maybe the best two or three ( if i get that many females ) and put the others outside. and ill do the same with the next batch of seeds, keep a couple and put a few outside.

I want to get at least 4-6 good plants to keep inside, whatever else is gunna be brought outdoors. also, im going to be finishing my second space and turn it into the primary veg area, so i can try and get a perpetual grow going and harvest every 2 weeks to a month. Im getting a bunch of someones old grow equipment so that will be setup sometime soon. its just gunna be a small 150-200w CFL area.

again i want to state that the two little ones that i tossed were in experimental soil, i had already had a strong feeling that it wasnt going to work out but i wanted to try.

I wouldnt start the new seeds too late though, you dont want 4 plants at 1 month old and then a few seedling to grow with them. Unless i misunderstood and your going to have them in a seperate grow area. I lile your plan though. How are they looking today?

for now im going to have the 4 purple karma thats 1 week old and then a few more that are going to be about 2 weeks behind. so there will only be a two week difference in size.

eventually I will start to veg out plants in another area, and move them into the spot i already have for flower. so that as soon as one batch of plants are ready to harvest, i have one or two more to put into flower.

everything looking good, really hitting a growth spurt now. ill have a full update up tonight ive been running around all day yesterday and will be again today.

I wouldnt start the new seeds too late though, you dont want 4 plants at 1 month old and then a few seedling to grow with them. Unless i misunderstood and your going to have them in a seperate grow area. I lile your plan though. How are they looking today?

Also, i just want to say thanks for all of your questions and comments. I had a journal on another website a while ago and i stopped posting after a week or two because i had no one viewing it and leaving me comments. im not a genius so i like a second opinion, i might not always go with that opinion, but i like to at least hear it haha

I feel the same way, im not going to write in a journal that nobody is looking at, i can do that on a piece of paper at my house (which i actually do also). I wish i had time to reply to more journals on here, but right now i have 3 that i check every day. Mine, yours and equanitys. So just remember even if i dont reply i am keeping tabs. You seem like good people.

Back
Top Bottom