Large planter box indoors multiple plants?

Vegan4life

I am coming to the end of my first grow which was in coco with AN nutes. I want to go organic, I am looking into Clackamas coots method. I was thinking of making one large planter box that would fit in my 3' x 3' tent and 4 plants at a time. Planter box would be raised, there would be a liner and a pump below to deal with any run off. In between cannabis grows I would grow some veggies in same planter. Will this work? Or how well will this work? Pros and cons? Any input is appreciated...

Con: One diseased or infested plant most likely means they will all be.

Con: Have to feed all plants the same ratio of nutrients.

Con: If you ever have to move your plants (LEO coming, landlord has given 24 hour prior written notice that he/she will be entering premises, you live in a multi-family dwelling and yours or another's apartment causes need for entry to perform emergency repair, et cetera), instead of getting to carry four reasonable sized planters... you get to haul one really heavy one (hope you haven't just watered it, lol).

Con: Easier for a dominant plant (in terms of growth, specifically, root growth) to take over, giving you one good plant and three runts.

Pro: Uh... I got nothin', ;) .

Thanks for your reply!

It is such small grow area, I think infestation or disease would affect all plants even in separate pots.

Organic grow, nutes will already be in soil. Feed RO water and topped off with teas, (monitored) automated feed schedule.

Legal to grow (Rec and Med) in my town and I own my house.

Another con I can think of is that it would require more soil than if i used separate pots.

It will work, but why one big planter

I'd say bigger individual pots personally, just hard to work one big one, great for outside, but not inside, in my opinion

I have a new journal and I'm drumming up business, check it. I am using Earth Boxes in my 3x3 space. I have 2 boxes, each box can have 2 plants. I currently have 3 going but that's due to males. Four clones have been transplanted to 1gals and they will be put in the EBs in 8weeks(ish). I'm all organic, no GMO, no pesticide, everything could get in your mouth and not kill you. Only using microbes, fungi, and compost. The boxes are on casters so you can move them around. I still have foam insulation underneath, but they are similar to raised beds. They hold 3 gals of H2O in the reservoir, no top watering. It's not even a new thing but no one here seems to use them.

Nice thread spamming bud...

Not really the way to get followers, but, to each his own
I have a new journal and I'm drumming up business, check it. I am using Earth Boxes in my 3x3 space. I have 2 boxes, each box can have 2 plants. I currently have 3 going but that's due to males. Four clones have been transplanted to 1gals and they will be put in the EBs in 8weeks(ish). I'm all organic, no GMO, no pesticide, everything could get in your mouth and not kill you. Only using microbes, fungi, and compost. The boxes are on casters so you can move them around. I still have foam insulation underneath, but they are similar to raised beds. They hold 3 gals of H2O in the reservoir, no top watering. It's not even a new thing but no one here seems to use them.

Nice thread spamming bud...

Not really the way to get followers, but, to each his own

Good to know! Thx!

Now, lets get to a more positive side. Seriously, Vegan, check out my journal. I can grow any veggies in my boxes, I had rhubarb in one of my boxes outside, no sweat. I have very little run-off, like I never have to empty the small saucers under my overflow. You can pull a plant and put whatever you want in place. I was unable to find many posts about using Earth Boxes in this entire forum. There was no journal doing it, nothing new at least. I have a small space and the yield is going to be great. One of my plants was flowered from a seedling and I will get a zip, if not 2, off of a 18in plant. All done in a 3x3 flower space. No crazy LED, no hardcore watering or nute system, just amending with minerals, microbes and fungi. So easy in a small space.

I do something similar btm water automated all organic nothing but water now that my soil is mature. Don't even do teas anymore. No-till FTW.

Scratch in some malted barley powder every now and then and some foilers with my IPM routine.

Yes doable for the raised bed. Its a lot of work. Guys that I know that do it professionally have the beds on tables so they can move them around. Even have motors on the tables - tables move lights stay in same spot.

All automated too water lighting everything cept IPM.

I run Coots soil. Compost is KEY, get that dialed in and nothing much to worry about.

All I worry about is my compost bins and they are more work than gardening but its a labor of love cause I know at the end of the day, my plants are gonna be the best they can be.

With 1 large bed, cleaning is going to be the challenge. I'd put it or them (2) on a table with wheels.

By table I'm talking a platform double up 3/4 plywood with wheels about 4-5" off the ground tops. So very low profile. Then you can move stuff around. I would pass on a tent and just use a room with white painted walls and floor. Then you can move your platform and clean easily.

Back
Top Bottom