Leaf curl driving me crazy !

Strain Hunter

Help guys, ive got a bit of a problem, 2 of my 4 potencial mothers have a very bad case of leaf curl i realy dont know whats causeing this because all 4 have the exact same condictions water temp, tent temp, same nutes etc..., but 2 continue to curl their leaves, new growth and all, heres a fue pics, if anyone can help id be forever grateful, thanks......

This is the worst case, 2 are fine and as you can see this is buggered as they say..
IMG_00893.JPG

Are they all the same strain? Some strains are more sensitive to things like nut. Nutrients often cause curling and/or yellowing of the leaves.

-DB

Are they all the same strain? Some strains are more sensitive to things like nut. Nutrients often cause curling and/or yellowing of the leaves.

-DB

Yea Dank Budz, all Chronic from Serious Seeds, i droped the EC to around 0.8 and see how they get on for a week or two, i cant be taking cuttings for my whole crop off mothers with this problem, hopefuly cutting back on the nutes helps sort this dam nightmare out, cheers for the reply m8 :peace:

Hey strain...My experience is that nute problems usually result in curling under not up or the dreaded "claw leaf" Different strains can react differently but IMO, your problem might be simple heat stress. Either too strong of lights or lighting to close to the plants or possibly putting your babies under too strong of light too soon.

Your starters look like an indica strain judging by the broad leaves which can compound the problem because of the larger leaf surface being bombarded by the lite(s). Sativa strains can take a bit more intensity sooner in their early growth stages simply because they have a smaller more narrow leaf surface. My guess...If not light related, I'm with BWC. When it doubt, flush. Hope ya get it solved...peace n good luck...MF

well guys the tent temp is @ 27 degrees the EC @ 1.2, water temp @ 21 degrees, im gona drop the EC to 0.8 and just flush with that, do you guys think would this be enough??? heres an extra pic or two to get a beter view of the situation,this problem has never came up on any of my previous grows so cheers for the input everyone :thanks: ya learn something new every day.....
Oh its chronic from serious seeds if this helps

This pic has no curl
IMG_00873.JPG

Ans this is 1 of the curling plants
IMG_00893.JPG

Hey strain...My experience is that nute problems usually result in curling under not up or the dreaded "claw leaf" Different strains can react differently but IMO, your problem might be simple heat stress. Either too strong of lights or lighting to close to the plants or possibly putting your babies under too strong of light too soon.

Your starters look like an indica strain judging by the broad leaves which can compound the problem because of the larger leaf surface being bombarded by the lite(s). Sativa strains can take a bit more intensity sooner in their early growth stages simply because they have a smaller more narrow leaf surface. My guess...If not light related, I'm with BWC. When it doubt, flush. Hope ya get it solved...peace n good luck...MF

All 4 are Chronic from serious seeds, the lamp is a 400w hps around 4ft away from the plants witch i thought would be plenty of space between lamp and top of plants, cheers for the luck m8, Peace

the tacoing definitely indicates heat stress. the plant opens up the bottom of the leaves where the stomatas are which allows a more wind on sweat type effect to occure. You never did tell me what the RH of your room is.
Well 4 foot away sort of eliminates heat/light stress. I'd flush and drop the ec to 0.6. Measure your RH and PH too. If your PH is off it could be lockout and the plant is eating itself to survive.

the tacoing deinitely indicates heat stress. the plant opens up the bottom of the leaves where the stomatas are which allows a more wind on sweat type effect to occure. You never did tell me what the RH of your room is.

I thought 27 degrees was near perfect for this strain, sorry m8 RH????? im new to all these tec terms

I would suggest changing you room temperature to around 24C (75f). And with a humidity not exceeding 70%. High humidity will cause problems.

400w 4feet away is not causing heat issues. It must be a combo of your room temps, humidity, nutrients, and fan.

As said above, you should probably flush with normal pH'd water. Add less nutrients this time. See how the plants react.

-DB

I would suggest changing you room temperature to around 24C (75f). And with a humidity not exceeding 70%. High humidity will cause problems.

400w 4feet away is not causing heat issues. It must be a combo of your room temps, humidity, nutrients, and fan.

As said above, you should probably flush with normal pH'd water. Add less nutrients this time. See how the plants react.

-DB

Thats exactly what i done last night m8, just hope this sorts it out, :thanks: everyone for your input, does anyone know ho0w long it should take to see a difference ??? :peace:

Watch the new growth. That should tell the tale. My opinion.

Yea man, i think ive improved conditions in the tent so hopefuly thats it sorted, see because im useing these mothers for cuttings will my cuttings be prone to this leaf curl disaster? Thanks man, its good to talk to people who know what their on about lol :peace:

If the curl if being caused by environmental stress I'd be willing to bet that the clones may start slow due to being cut from stressed moms. I've read (I forget where) that stressed clones can hermie. I had heat do that to me b4. I believe I'm fairly accurate in saying this, I feel that most things that affect mom (at the time cuts are taken) will affect clones . If the curl is due to fungus or pests then it will be with ur clones until treated. My advice is to try to fix the problems with the moms and take healthy cuts. U saw how I barely scraped thru my grow. All the cuts but 2 were from an infected mom. I found out after all of these cuts were taken. Point being save urself the trouble and exercise patience (one of the hardest things to do if u get excited about growing or are cash cropping). :peace:

If the curl if being caused by environmental stress I'd be willing to bet that the clones may start slow due to being cut from stressed moms. I've read (I forget where) that stressed clones can hermie. I had heat do that to me b4. I believe I'm fairly accurate in saying this, I feel that most things that affect mom (at the time cuts are taken) will affect clones . If the curl is due to fungus or pests then it will be with ur clones until treated. My advice is to try to fix the problems with the moms and take healthy cuts. U saw how I barely scraped thru my grow. All the cuts but 2 were from an infected mom. I found out after all of these cuts were taken. Point being save urself the trouble and exercise patience (one of the hardest things to do if u get excited about growing or are cash cropping). :peace:

Yea i hear ya m8, ive got two healthy plants at the min, if this continues ill just take all cuttings of the 2 healthy girls and keep my cuttings as my mothers and ditch the seeded mothers, i was also thinking about picking up another 200w envirolite for mothers instead of my 400w HPS. Just 1 last question m8, all my tents are in a room with the only supply of fresh air coming from an open window, if i put a portable air con unit in the room to cool it would this be benificatal to me at all? :thanks:

open window and ac unit

all my tents are in a room with the only supply of fresh air coming from an open window, if i put a portable air con unit in the room to cool it would this be beneficial to me at all? :thanks:
Only if U can manage to get the intake air to pass thru the AC unit which would cool the incoming outside air. Then make sure ur able to exhaust all the old, hot, stagnant air lingering in the upper portions of the room. Or seal the room completely with the exception of an open door. Leave the door and window of an adjacent room open for a small grow. Larger grows I would suggest u duct fresh air in from the other room. U saw I had to go thru the attic. This is all I can think of at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom