LED/CFL Closet Grow - Mystery Plants

Free bud

I'm a new member here so, I hope this comes out right.:ganjamon: I'm getting this journal together very late in the process. This is my first indoor grow and, my plants are a couple of bag seeds I germinated 7 weeks ago. I wanted to practice on these mystery plants so I don't make too many rookie mistakes on the seeds I bought. They are Aurora Indica from Nirvana. My space is a 2x3 closet with 140w super ufo led and for veg. 6500k cfl's and for flower 2700k cfl's. I'm a DIY kind of person so I made a carbon air scrubber from some ideas I got on:420::cheesygrinsmiley:
My closet used to be the home of a stacked washer and dryer so, it already had a vent to outside plus, electric and a drain in the floor. Very handy! I started my seeds in 1 gal. pots and transplanted them into 5 gallon buckets after they were about 3 weeks old. I'm using viagrow organic potting soil and pearlite at a 65/35 mixture. I'm feeding them with general organics nutes and molasses every other week with one of my waterings. A couple of those "rookie" mistakes I have made are: I had my led too close to the plants and I spent WAY too much money on a grow box I was going to use. Be careful when buying a grow box on eBay. You may be better off converting a closet like I did after trying the box. It needs to be altered for better ventilation and it could be usable as a secondary space for veg. clones, or whatever. I slowed the veg. process when my led was too close. The plants were wilty and didn't like it at all. After making some adjustments they are responding pretty well. I have changed their lights over to the 2700k and put them on 12/12 this week which is their 7th week since sprouting. I'm hoping my lights do a good job during flowering and I can reduce my rookie mistakes lol! Here are a couple of pics. I'm hoping they are girls but, I still haven't seen any pre-flowers. I was looking with a magnifying glass and the leaves at the new growth areas have trichomes! I'm not sure if males do that or not? I'm hoping its a good sign.:smokin:

forums
forums

Re: Led/cfl closet grow of a couple of mystery plants

I don't see my pics in the thread. I'll try again. Maybe another rookie mistake! :hookah:

image9894.jpg
image9893.jpg

One other thing about these plants is that the seeds were not from the same bag so, they are probably different strains. They appear to be different as the one is staying smaller and more compact. Both are very bushy. They were topped during week 5.
image9897.jpg
image9896.jpg

One of my plants turned out to be male. My one girl is doing well. She's started the third week of flower today. I have some fungus gnats I believe. I treated the soil with Azamax and did a foliar treatment a couple of days later. Here are some pics:yummy:
image10281.jpg
image10280.jpg
image10279.jpg
image10278.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom