First CFL closet grow!

GORE20

Hey everybody, not to sure if I'm doing this right, but i thought id give it a chance since reading previous journals has helped me so much, and just hoping i can get a few questions answered. Well this is my first grow, I'm using two 23 watt 6500k CFL bulbs, and a little desk fan i found at home depot.
How long should i be running my fan for?

DSC030771.jpg

This is my stealth speaker box grow box :ganjamon:

DSC030801.jpg

DSC030811.jpg

this plant was first grown outside, then some pest got at it and all the lower leaves died. but i have moved it into my closet grow box about a week ago and seems to be doing good!

Re: first CFL closet grow!!!

the stretch might be due to it being outdoors and then pruned. The general rule for CFL's is keep them a couple of inches away from the plant. If you can keep your hand between the plant and the bulb and not get uncomfortably warm, you're good to go.

The question about your fan, I run mine 24/7. It won't hurt it to run it constantly, it will just help it become stronger.

oh snap i didn't even notice the foil, definitely get that off ASAP, it will only waste your available light. Like fluroman says, white paper works great!

Hello and welcome to 420:welcome:
Thanks for taking the plunge and starting a grow.:surf:
Your plant looks good and healthy, no matter what its gone through.
Your off to a good start:cheer:
Love your box. Everyone wants you to have a good grow and are ready to help you along the way. :ganjamon:
I'll be looking in to see how your doing:popcorn:
Once again glad your here.:allgood:

thanks for the welcome everyone!
and thanks for the info about the foil
i got rid of it and put up some printer paper
heres what it looks like!

DSC030851.jpg

how is the lighting placement?

Lookin good bro... My last grow had all the bottom leaves missin also cuz I was a noob n tried all the wrong things. Keep it up tho!!!

Nice job w/ the printer paper, that's what I used in the first box I made.

The lights are placed perfectly, though be sure to check on your plant at least once a day or she may grow into them ;) If you plan on going on a trip then just be sure to raise the lights in advance.

I would keep the fan running 24/7. How are you getting fresh air into the box?

The light you have now will be sufficient for veg stage, but during flowering I would pick up 2 more y-adapters so you can have 4 lights. Do you have the lights on a timer or are you just running them 24/7 for now? If you do have them on a timer then plz share your light schedule.

Also, do to the size of your grow box, I suggest going into flowering pretty soon. This depends on the strain, but most plants will double to triple in size when you flower them.

What's your budget for the grow? Do you plan on giving her any nutes (aka fertilizer)?

She's looking really good man, good luck on your growing endeavor. I promise it's fun ;) Oh, also, roughly how much knowledge do you have about growing? If your a noob (i was a total noob when I first joined, & am still learning) then read up on the how to grow forum, it's an invaluable resource.

how many 2700k's? how many 5600k's?
check out my grow in my sig, you may find some answers.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but if you want to prevent running into issues with running out of vertical space, you can always LST them (tie them down). This will make the plant redirect its hormones to start forming more "tops" in effort to grab pollen. This results in more bud sites, and you will be giving them much more even light distribution. CFL's aren't as intense as an HPS or MH HID lamp, so the light doesn't travel as far. Tying them down will allow you to keep the lights close to the plants and get as much light to the lower areas as possible. I'm growing with florescent lights and have tied my plants down and have seen great results from it. I would recommend it to anybody growing indoors, HID or no HID!

im now running my fan 24/7 do i need a comp fan bringing in fresh air as well?
and as for the light schedule ive been running them for 20 on and 4 off

ive been using this for fertilizer

DSC030891.jpg

have no idea if its the right stuff
and i am a noob ahha, but ive been reading lots of grow journals to help me get started, been a huge help

Yes you need fresh air to be brought in continuously, the plants need Co2 just like we need oxygen; If they run out, they die. As for how much air ventilation is needed, it's recommenced to have the volume of the chamber replenished 3 times a min or more.

want to learn how to LST check out my photo gallery its very simple to do i use bamboo skewers from the store you get like a bag of a 100 for like 2.00 bucks,when your plants are a few inches high you just bend it over towards the edge of the pot then stake it down using 2 sticks that cross over the stem also stake down the lower branches of the plant the object is to to get as much coverage as you can heres a pic of my current LST work this was started on the 6th of september
tmpphpGysJ4y.jpg

this is how you start them out as the bottom branches get longer just move them in the direction you want them and repeat the process
this one is 23 days later
tmpphpHcAkIj.jpg

id post more pics for ya.
but will ask your permission first as i dont want to jump right in with a bunch of pics on your journal good luck hope this helps ya

What are the nute numbers on that fertilizer u were using?

Back
Top Bottom