LED grow lights

farweed

420 Member
oh the ever ending debate of HPS vs LEd. Ive been using HPS in my main room but starting a different strain in a grow tent, wondering thoughts on best LED lights. Any thoughts or experience?
Thanks!!

Best advice? Don't buy a grow light from the 'Zon. And if you can stay away from the blurples, not to say you can't grow under them, but with the price difference on going full spectrum....your eyes and plants will thank you.

What size tent/room are you using?
What kind of budget do you have on the lights?

You mean best period or best for under a certain amount of $ ?

Best overall for the price will be build your own.

One of the best off the shelf for the price would probably be Atreum.

One of the best at any price would be the Chilled Logic Ultimate

One of the best cheaper ones are the new Mars Hydro
this is great info thanks for sharing will look into these.

I've looked at the sponsors but droppin a grand for me is a lot -- so my homework has to be thorough -- so I'm looking for a diverse conversation that includes makers of LED's that are not your sponsors also . If that is allowed ..

So one in all -- what brands of LED s are you using --

MotaMan

I can tell you what I did, not really a kit.

I bought Pacific Light Concepts photoboost strips.
8 for each light and 8 heat sinks from same place.
A Meanwell HLG320h-c1400 driver
A potentiometer, wire, thermal tape from Amazon.

That makes a 325w light that puts out over 1300 PPFD at 18"
I made mine 24x26" .
Cost was about $350

If you ever see them in stock buy them immediately because they won't be there next time you look.

I like the ambition to build your own - but your cost is just around what the professional manufactures are.. And you get a warranty for the "out of box" experience too.

I'm looking at a Timber led set up, 8 lite bars at around $900.00 .. but I'm still looking ..

MotaMan

I like the ambition to build your own - but your cost is just around what the professional manufactures are.. And you get a warranty for the "out of box" experience too.

I'm looking at a Timber led set up, 8 lite bars at around $900.00 .. but I'm still looking ..

MotaMan
$350 is a bit lower than anything I've seen thats comparable.

I have 3 year warranty on strips and 7 years on Driver.
Also better than most.

Exclusively, you'll get better warranty on a finished product than you will of those separate parts
I have yet to see any light give you 7 years on a driver.
And there's basically nothing to go wrong with the strips, if they last the first month they'll likely burn for 10 years.

If something happens to one I can replace it for $25 and I can bypass that strip so the rest burn while I am waiting for the replacement to be delivered.

Back
Top Bottom