LED grow lights

I was just looking at the dyi kits -- and for the number of lite bars I want (8) would cost way more than an out of the box , with warranty lite.

So like I said if tinkering with electricity is your style - all the better.. I just like the end result!!

MotaMan
Mine was $350 for 325w 8 bar light.
3 year on the strips, 7 year warranty on the driver.
I haven't seen any off the shelf come close to that.

The only light I've seen equal to it was the Chilled Logic Growcraft Ultra 330w and its $1400.

What "kits" are you looking at that cost so much?

I looked at Atreum and a single bar was $129 -- I did see the kits but it still means I would have to add ( I only saw 6t bar lites)- and it may be lower overall -- but not enough to persuade me at least to not buy an already put together 8 bar lite...

Got stimulated by Biden , so I'm shopping soon...

MotaMan

Take a look a Timber led lites and the 8 bar -- forgot to say I was looking at pulling 600 w at the wall -- not looking to save on electricity -- just looking for more intensity to get to lower branches ..

MotaMan

I looked at Atreum and a single bar was $129 -- I did see the kits but it still means I would have to add ( I only saw 6t bar lites)- and it may be lower overall -- but not enough to persuade me at least to not buy an already put together 8 bar lite...

Got stimulated by Biden , so I'm shopping soon...

MotaMan
The Pacific Light concepts strips are actually in stock the past 48 hours.
Usually they are gone by that time, he may have gotten a huge shipment but they won't be there much longer i am sure.
They are $28 per strip.
They are only selling one heat sink now and its a complete frame for $165 that holds 16 strips.
So thats $615 plus whatever the driver cost.
So maybe $750 or less for 650w light equal to or better than a Flouence Bioengineering SpydrX.

I will look into it , info greatly appreciated -- but I am looking primarily for an American made product -- in the USA. Even though all the components may be foreign manufactured , what the hell.

MotaMan

I'm looking at a Timber led set up, 8 lite bars at around $900.00 .. but I'm still looking ..

i sourced the components separate and built for under half of their kit cost.

If you're going to go LED, Go HLG

there are a couple sponsors building qb boards at the same level or better now, including both component and build quality. i have nothing against hlg though. budget led comes to mind as an alternate.

Exclusively, you'll get better warranty on a finished product than you will of those separate parts

not really. nearly every component is backed by a separate mfgr warranty. all my main components are warrantied 5 - 7 yrs. industry standard for a finished product is 3 yrs or under, and there's a wild range, a lot of finished lights are 90 days.

if a claim is made the builder actually just passes the claim for a failed component up the line, so they do not wind up out of pocket themselves.

i built and sold cob rigs under this exact model.. i warrantied 24 months. i never had a claim and have rigs well over 5+ yrs still running out there.

While this might work great for you, it’s not for everyone. Try telling that to every grower that has ever had to deal with parts going bad on LED lights in the middle of a grow. You are basically your own tech support department.

the truth is led is surprisingly simple. there really is not much that can go bad. there are very few components to build them, which make it not hard to work on if you need. the math is where most folk struggle.

driver - dimmer pot (maybe) - wire - emitter - heat sink (depending) - frame to hang it on. that's it.

there are now solderless wago connectors and all kind of nifty crap that make the process even easier now too.

the majority of growers couldn't be bothered though. i build lights and i only recommend doing a diy build to certain people. you have to have that inclination and curiosity or it isn't worth the learn. not everyone has a garage to build stuff in, or the odd tool or two specific making a diy a breeze either. also your time is valuable, that needs to be factored.

for a lot of these reasons i still recommend a pre-built to most new folk.

I will look into it , info greatly appreciated -- but I am looking primarily for an American made product -- in the USA. Even though all the components may be foreign manufactured , what the hell.

MotaMan

there are a number of US suppliers actively involved as sponsors

I won't bother with the trouble of DIY, although I do see the benefits.
By nature I am lazy, so if I can afford to have the good folks at HLG assemble me a fixture to my liking
I'll buy it

Back
Top Bottom