LED Lighting Help

TheGardener

So I'm doing some research looking to convert over to LED and found a 300 watt 8 band for a decent price. The Specs are as follows: 8 Bands for Indoor Plants Growth & Flower
Spectrum of Light: 430~440nm, 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, and white
LED Output Power: 100pcs*3watt
Is this good?
I was wondering if the bands are sufficient enough to work with this harvest, I'd appreciate all tips and thoughts around this. Thank you

The cheap Chinese knock-offs will grow plants. There are a few things to remember. They have not put any research into what spectra to use. They simply copy what people order and offer it at a lower price then they can. They are made with the cheapest components. When a company contacts them and says I want this made with these specs, that's what they get. When they copy that product they do it as cheaply as possible. Lastly, they are not going to be the wattage they say they are. 100 three watt diodes will not draw 300 watts from the wall. depending on the ratio of reds whites and blue diodes you will draw roughly 210-250 watts including the driver inefficiency.

E shine systems are offering 11 band leds 400x3w is 450 quid or 300x3w is 370. Seen a few growers using em but I'm still gonna wait another year or so before I buy one, I'd like to see more grows and side by side 600 w of led vs 600w of hid actul draw or as close to each other as possible before deciding

E shine systems are offering 11 band leds 400x3w is 450 quid or 300x3w is 370. Seen a few growers using em but I'm still gonna wait another year or so before I buy one, I'd like to see more grows and side by side 600 w of led vs 600w of hid actul draw or as close to each other as possible before deciding

OKay I see what you're talking about. I was looking for something around 300w, i think that'd be efficient, my grow area is 3x3. So you're saying although 600w led and 600w hps draw the same amount of power, led would be the better choice for potency and efficiency right?

Thanks for the thread! I was wondering about the difference the 'bands' offered, 'cause from what I previously knew, 8 bands of light can be used for veg & flowering, what does 9 bands, or 11 bands offer/do differently?

Yeah, I definitely feel you on that. It all looks good on the computer screen, but I'm just looking for something to work with in a 3x3 area that's more efficient than a CFL grow. Not looking for too much like a hps system b/c i feel that's too much power. I was talking to one of the 'top led manufacturers' and they seemed to have 8 bands covering the wavelengths specified for them, but they didn't cover 20nm ranges, and instead ranges of 10-25-10-10 as I posted above. Not sure if they're all the same and that's not enough or if that's what you're getting at. Was on the edge of getting on for myself the other day but I'm still not sure, just looking for some clarity

Back
Top Bottom