LED lights

GEDC26421.JPG

Heres that GummyBears up close! LemonSkittles anyone?150watts of Cree XPE/XTE in a 2x2.200g with no larf! And that's average #s. COB units are literally making me pack up $600 panels.

Obviously you skipped the 90w UFO vs 80w CFL pics. And yes... 125w CFLs are sold as 500w equivs. HPS... Incadescent... whatever. And I'm trying to helps newbs from wasting cash on LED thinking they're better than CFL.

Event, I'm a first time grower and have done a lotta things wrong that I will fix on the next grow, ( heat, neuts, watering, etc.) Its not the light that is the problem, lol, its me.

Event, I'm a first time grower and have done a lotta things wrong that I will fix on the next grow, ( heat, neuts, watering, etc.) Its not the light that is the problem, lol, its me.

I heard from another grower once "they call it weed because it grows like one." And it's true. Just with proper lights and good soil... it's really hard to mess up a plant. You could cut every single leaf off and the sucker sites will just bloom. If a plant is wilting over or struggling to stay up with minimal foilage... it's the lights.

I heard from another grower once "they call it weed because it grows like one." And it's true. Just with proper lights and good soil... it's really hard to mess up a plant. You could cut every single leaf off and the sucker sites will just bloom. If a plant is wilting over or struggling to stay up with minimal foilage... it's the lights.

As I should have done like I said, I'm going to back out of this thread, but , with one final note.

This forum is a place where one can gather info. without the thoughts of a one minded person who has no possitive input. Nobody put your posts down til you pushed the limints. Hey this is just a bunch of guys/girls sharing thier hobbys, share some of your experiances so some can see what you are doing. Get rid of the anger just because some don't agree with you. Be pro-active, cheers. ( You sound like you could have some good info that people could gain from if you let it come through in a civil way.)

Yeah I guess calling people names is positive input but me posting proof that CFL is better than LED per watt, whatever. I'm done. Peace.

Obviously you skipped the 90w UFO vs 80w CFL pics. And yes... 125w CFLs are sold as 500w equivs. HPS... Incadescent... whatever. And I'm trying to helps newbs from wasting cash on LED thinking they're better than CFL.

That's why I grow CFL... I get the power of a 500w HPS running only 125w... and complete spectrum control. Why do you grow LED? To "save power"? To "use more than one spectrum on one setup"? So can CFL.

Did you fall on your head a few times too much when you were younger?
HID is NOT incandescent.

A 125W HPS outperforms a 125W CFL.
You don't get the power of a 500w HPS with 125w cfl, you get the power of 500W incandescent.
A HPS is a bit more efficient than CFL.

And I'm not going to be kind because giving "tips" to people when you think incandescent is the same as HID lightning is extremely retarded.

-_-

125w CFL is a 500w HID equivalent? I was correcting myself as in.... (I didn't mean HPS... I meant Incandescent... whatever.)

Obviously you missed the 90w UFO vs 80w CFL photos... HID is better hands down yes, but LED? *cough*

i might not be getting your point. sorry if i misinterpreted.

top quality hid is about 40% efficient. there are are a few comercially available led lamps that will outperform hid.

Most Diy led builds are brighter, cooler and more efficient than ANY comparable hid currently available and will easily outperform hid for yield and quality. A high quality 600 watt led is far more photosynthetically powerful than any 600 hid. if you need a heater hid coiuld be more useful.

This is fact not a theory or a fantasy.

Obviously you missed the 90w UFO vs 80w CFL photos... HID is better hands down yes, but LED? *cough*

LED is depending on what parts are being used.
Cheap azz garbage won't outperform CFL I agree.

But the highest performing leds stomp the * out of HID.
Not cheap epistars in a cramped UFO that are being run too hot, but quality Cree CXB or Vero chips that easily achieve twice the efficiency of CFL.

I am new to led lights. Can I plant seeds in my coco medium right under these lights and let them grow?? Lights are Advance Spectrum Max from GrowAce.com and are 540 watt.

I start mine in rockwool cubes in a corner of my veg tent and then move them into a DWC.

I would not start them right under it unless I had the light up real high or if the power could be turned down.

I am new to led lights. Can I plant seeds in my coco medium right under these lights and let them grow?? Lights are Advance Spectrum Max from GrowAce.com and are 540 watt.

Back
Top Bottom