Properly use an LED with both veg & bloom switches

No worries I'm using leds too 900 watt I have it on veg for 2 to 3 weeks then I use both switches n my plants have explosive growth n I'm growing autos ! In 26/27 days they started to flower already
Ye am following your newest post on here they look nice n healthy I have 450 watt leds at the min but need one more make it up to 600 but am only do in 5 plants under the 600 watt do you think will be good enough for 5 plant

I'm not an expert my self I had good results of a 450 watt n upgraded it to a 690 watt led on 2 plants !

Well I've got 13 plants under a 900 what so the results are positive so far ! I think 50- 75 watts per plant say but doesn't mean I'm right ! Check out my grow journal

during seedling, 6days in, with 600w LED full spectrum with veg and bloom setting, which one should be on??

Depends on your preference. Me I run both veg and bloom on my led, gives you a fuller spectrum of light . Some will say just veg, due to it being 6 days. From seed mine see full spectrum light. No issues on this end. Try one for a week then turn both on for a week and see which you prefer.
Peace OG

...honestly, a few cfl's(daylight) or a T5(or T8's for that matter) would work well for seedlings up to a month or more IMHO, and save you some bucks in energy costs...your 600 watt led is actually only pulling 200 watts or less from the wall at full power, which is a bit of a waste for seedlings(again just my .02) and can be tricky for a novice to judge distance from seedlings without causing issues...any of the lights that I own with that option I run both for veg and bloom...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

I grow with both on. It makes no difference if you are afraid of going into bloom to quick. That won’t happen until you reduce the amount of time you have lights on, you add right nutrients. Best thing I can tell anyone be patient. Don’t try to switch to bloom to quick. Let those plants grow. Right now I am growing more super skunk. I grow about 12 plants at a time and keep a rotation where every 30 days I am harvesting. This takes two spaces, one for veg, one to bloom. My harvest avg is right at 20 oz per plant. This takes about 11-12 weeks. Then dry and cure so a total of about 120 days before they are ready for consumption. You ask why super skunk and not latest greatest? Well I know everyone likes it. I have it down to a science of how to make it grow indoors. If you want to know more on the formula and how exactly and what I use I am happy to share the plan. Just ask me.

I grow with both on. It makes no difference if you are afraid of going into bloom to quick. That won’t happen until you reduce the amount of time you have lights on, you add right nutrients. Best thing I can tell anyone be patient. Don’t try to switch to bloom to quick. Let those plants grow. Right now I am growing more super skunk. I grow about 12 plants at a time and keep a rotation where every 30 days I am harvesting. This takes two spaces, one for veg, one to bloom. My harvest avg is right at 20 oz per plant. This takes about 11-12 weeks. Then dry and cure so a total of about 120 days before they are ready for consumption. You ask why super skunk and not latest greatest? Well I know everyone likes it. I have it down to a science of how to make it grow indoors. If you want to know more on the formula and how exactly and what I use I am happy to share the plan. Just ask me.
Cool appreciate it man :)

IMG_108745.jpg

Hey,
I am a newbie with LED's but, when I put mine on full spectrum my seedlings perked up and went nuts!. After 6 weeks they are 12" high and nice and thick. Indica. This is the O.G. Kush 2 weeks into flowering, both Veg and Bloom on. After talking to quite a few people about the slower growth for me with only the VEG switch on....they said that was more of a power consumption issue and they all used full spectrum during the entire life of the plant. They just change the dark and light times. I have had great success with both switches on for the entire cycle. I also have two 250 watt CFL side fills. 6500K for Veg and 2700K for flowering. Those seem to help as well. Get the hammered texture mylar. Reflects light better. But they all love the LED light. Listened to some guy on tube who said to put the LED as close as possible and got light burn my first time. With LED's it doesn't show up right away. It is a fine line between extra yield and light burn. So, I just give my ladies room to grow. Don't forget Fox Farms, cloth grow bags, and grow stone gnat nix if you're using soil.
I fully agree with you, I’ve had both of mine on and it’s been working the best for me so far! About a month in and they are around a foot and a half .

Attachments

• 3354A3CC-ABFD-47F1-8DE9-0F583D7B3752.jpeg
    3354A3CC-ABFD-47F1-8DE9-0F583D7B3752.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 431
I'm running both switches for the first time in veg, I gotta say I like it better this way then just running the veg switch. It just takes some adjustments to get the tent in a proper environment.

IMG_108745.jpg

Hey,
I am a newbie with LED's but, when I put mine on full spectrum my seedlings perked up and went nuts!. After 6 weeks they are 12" high and nice and thick. Indica. This is the O.G. Kush 2 weeks into flowering, both Veg and Bloom on. After talking to quite a few people about the slower growth for me with only the VEG switch on....they said that was more of a power consumption issue and they all used full spectrum during the entire life of the plant. They just change the dark and light times. I have had great success with both switches on for the entire cycle. I also have two 250 watt CFL side fills. 6500K for Veg and 2700K for flowering. Those seem to help as well. Get the hammered texture mylar. Reflects light better. But they all love the LED light. Listened to some guy on tube who said to put the LED as close as possible and got light burn my first time. With LED's it doesn't show up right away. It is a fine line between extra yield and light burn. So, I just give my ladies room to grow. Don't forget Fox Farms, cloth grow bags, and grow stone gnat nix if you're using soil.
I'm a soil user, but I don't know what any of those things you mentioned are ... Help...?

I have a 300w full spectrum LED grow light that has switches for both bloom and veg but I think I may be using it wrong. I'm in week 3 of flower and I've been running only the bloom switch which has just red and orange lights. My concern is that perhaps this isn't enough though? Should I be running the light with BOTH switches on? Is it bad for the light if I run both switches?

IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. IM NOT SURE WHICH SWITCH MODE TO USE. I READ UP ON IT AND LEARNED BOTH SWITCHES ARE TO BE USED. SO YES. RUN BOTH VEG AND BLOOM SWITCHES. IN THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS OF FLOWER FLIP ONLY THE BLOOM SWITCH ON. JUST READ ON IT A LITTLE OR THE BEST THING TO DO IS CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER. GOOD LUCK!

Back
Top Bottom