LEDs or HPS?

a536538f8dc1d86ffd3f5f594177971d.jpg
something to think about

Hey everyone , will be growing in a 2x2x4 tent and want to choose between led or hps.

Ive seen some LED on amazon like mars hydro or vipar. Both in 300w which i know is about half actual watt. Anyone using these. Would it be good for my tent.? And thinking about 2 plants in 2 gal pots. I have clones in 1 gal pots at the moment that are outside.
Hope to get good info thanks guys

I did have question about the LED. Do you have to switch when you flower? Or is one led panel used for veg and flower? Do you switch lights/bulb like you do with hps.? I have never used LED or hps. I have done grows outside (live in Washington state) but never get to finish all the way. I have done cfl grows when i was a teen with decent result. Now in my 20s want to make a decent grow with the 2x2x4. So LED or hps? I will be making a bigger grow room later maybe try one of each? Any Info on both will be helpful. Happy growing!

I saw the vipar 450w and has switch for veg and switch for bloom. Really like that. And since i have a 2x2x4 tent it should be enough right? Im going to try scrog.

I'm not sure about the coverage but more is always better, with mine I got two knobs so I can run heaps of different power levels on veg and flower spectrum, so instead of having to lift the light for seedlings or clones you just dial it back. But I love my vipar, it's been great, little to no heat can be felt anywhere but from the lights themselves and even then it's less the like warm water.

Hey Mike10, Those are some good LED lights. If you are going to use them inside of a tent, may I suggest no larger than a 6'X4' tent, with at leat 4 of these lights. That will be plenty to cover all of your plants and they can grow really nice. I am speaking from experience with my current grow. They have done AMAZING, with this almost exact same setup!!

Hey Mike10, Those are some good LED lights. If you are going to use them inside of a tent, may I suggest no larger than a 6'X4' tent, with at leat 4 of these lights. That will be plenty to cover all of your plants and they can grow really nice. I am speaking from experience with my current grow. They have done AMAZING, with this almost exact same setup!!

Thanks for the advice mate, I'm planing on another two, one extra in the flower tent and one for a veg tent, I don't think I could fit anymore in the flower tent, but if I can I will haha.

Yep, that is exactly what I did. I put in as many as possible, and then cut back only when it was a little too much light in there. Trial and error, so is my grow.

Thanks for the info. I have a 2x2 tent that will be showing up in like 2 days. At 450w the actual watt is around 200. 200 watts sounds good for 4sq ft. Yes i know the more light the better. Just want to get start flowering 2 of my little girls.

for a 2'x2' growing area,you can check out the Mars II 400,the draw watt is around 177w, can replace a 250W HPS.
Thanks for the info. I have a 2x2 tent that will be showing up in like 2 days. At 450w the actual watt is around 200. 200 watts sounds good for 4sq ft. Yes i know the more light the better. Just want to get start flowering 2 of my little girls.

Back
Top Bottom