Let's make some bubble hash today

Ganjagrandaddy

Ok so here we are. I had a mediocre yield from an expected mega harvest ( like i expect each time i do one !).
Being of the Low and slow dry persuasion , seeing those beautiful crusty little sugar leaves snipped out and sat in a bin bag they cannot be wasted!. I am.rinsing what i can from all those months of electricity, stress , a bedroom waterfall and a whole myriad of issues along the way.
Strains in the trim are All Barneys farm Seeds and are Laughing buddha , peyote critical , g13 haze , Utopia Haze and Liberty Haze. All were beautiful bud producing ladies and covered in trichromes so here goes

ITEMS
25 Litre tub/bucket.
ice bubble bags x 1set(6x with drying sheet).
1/4 refuse bag of trim.
stirring stick.
4x bags of ice.
15 litres fresh water
Popeye's right arm ( for stirring not watching redtube while waiting for mix to settle after stirring !!!)
A realistic couple of hours.
I usually discard the second highest numbered bag as it doesnt seem to be beneficial to the grading between that one and the highest micron one.
With bucket ready and the bags put inside with the smallest numbered bag (25micron)being the first put on and the highest number put in last (220micron).
I put a thin layer of Ice cubes in to cover the bottom of the bag, i then placed Half of my trim ( approx 2oz).
On top of this i put the remainder of the ice cubes bag and 1 more bag on top of the trim.
I then put water into the buckets slowly to allow for the screens being able to let it through them into the bucket.
Once Filled I let the mix settle to allow the water to keep dropping temperature and freeze the trichromes. After 10 mins i began stirring and agitating the mixture , making sure to use the cubes to batter the plant matter and break off the now frozen trichromes.
I agitated and stirred for about 20 mins and continued for 2 hours with this cycle.
Once i was happy that i had got what i could , it was time for the fun to begin.
The first bag out was filled with thawing , icy, mulch. The water drains out fairly quickly on this bag thankfully so is easy to empty and put aside.( can do a second run or other use).
The next bag out is the start of the Hash collection so some slight swirls while it drains away can help keep the hash together and on the mesh for easier collection. Use a kitchen spoon to pull all the leftover hash into a collectable lump and remove to your mesh drying screen or parchment. I pressed mine by hand at this point to remove what water i could on a towel. This will be your lowest grade and may have some plant material knocking about in small traces.
The next bag contained the major yield part of the process with very nice quality hash emerging from the draining froth
This is grade 2 and smokes lesh harsh than the 3.
The Last bag can take a while to drain but this one has some excellent hash floating around trying to settle. I slowly swirled this until my arms ached but got quite a nice amount of top quality hash for my efforts.
The second half of the bin liner trim was processed using the same way.
All in all 2oz of beautiful quality Hash from what a lot of people bin is bliss. This has turned the whole harvest of my Barneys girls into a great one.
Hope this quicky helps someone tempted but too worried about wasting their efforts and that you get the same results safely.
Go on , give it a go if you havent tried it before.
20190410_203815.jpg
20190410_203805.jpg

20190410_203822.jpg
20190410_220851.jpg
20190410_234611.jpg
20190411_015640.jpg
20190411_020116.jpg
20190411_023115.jpg

Attachments

• 20190410_220854.jpg
    20190410_220854.jpg
    809.7 KB · Views: 202
And here is the finished product we get from our potential waste.
This is so potent that a "Whitey " is only one unlucky toke away.lol
As mentioned @Peter Green
and @kentboy1296 .

grade 3
20190411_191128.jpg
Grade 2
20190411_191120.jpg
Grade 1
20190411_191111.jpg
20190411_191056.jpg
Grade 1
20190411_150851.jpg
Grade 3
20190411_150844.jpg
Grade 2
20190411_150835.jpg
Grade 2 weight
20190411_150830.jpg
Grade 3 weight
20190411_150755.jpg
Grade 1 weight
20190411_150740.jpg

And here is the finished product we get from our potential waste.
This is so potent that a "Whitey " is only one unlucky toke away.lol
As mentioned @Peter Green
and @kentboy1296 .

grade 3
20190411_191128.jpg
Grade 2
20190411_191120.jpg
Grade 1
20190411_191111.jpg
20190411_191056.jpg
Grade 1
20190411_150851.jpg
Grade 3
20190411_150844.jpg
Grade 2
20190411_150835.jpg
Grade 2 weight
20190411_150830.jpg
Grade 3 weight
20190411_150755.jpg
Grade 1 weight
20190411_150740.jpg
Oh wow! That looks AMAZING lol, wish i could try some... come harvest time, can i hit u up for the recipe?

Oh wow! That looks AMAZING lol, wish i could try some... come harvest time, can i hit u up for the recipe?
no worries kentboy
bubble bags ice cubes , water. K.i.s.s method employed( Keep It Super Simple). thankfully no risks from butane or chemical residues to deal with . just stirring , swirling and a little time.
quick and easy to get right !.
It is a very satisfying to get a result

no worries kentboy
bubble bags ice cubes , water. K.i.s.s method employed( Keep It Super Simple). thankfully no risks from butane or chemical residues to deal with . just stirring , swirling and a little time.
quick and easy to get right !.
It is a very satisfying to get a result
Cant wait to try lol

very simple process mate. bags online can be cheap too. Usually come in 5 pack but you can buy individually too and choose to harvest one grade only. It smokes nice and has quite a hit to it. being an old codger now ( 53) , it reminds me of decades ago driving round dodgy areas waiting in alleys and keeping your wits about you for shit chemical hash. lol. We used to get a hash called DoubleZero that was seen as the bomb of soft hash at the time. Thats what the 1st grade tastes like. second and third are good too and less strong tasting but still very effective. You will be grinning g like a chesire cat watching the hash appear from all that waste and icy water the 1st time. Adds a huge kick to the harvest of your cared for buds too. The mulch can be great compost

I've got those bags! Last time I tried it I got a a few grams of something that more resembled sticky black than pollen. I blended it with ice then left it there for like 8 hours, topping it up with ice and stirring it. Wasn't a nice smoke lol.
Potentially got 2 full plants I've just ruined at the end so I might have to do it again. If I do I follow this though.
Does that say you got an oz from 4oz worth of trim by the way? I got nothing like that lol.

i guessed the trim amount but it wasnt noticeable on lifting the bag up. It was the whole trim from my last crop of 9 plants. some syrains were noticeble for their Hash potential so i assumed they helped too. . on rhe photos , i used the scale pics to show the density to weight mainly but did get approx 2oz altogether. The process is simpke but you really need to work the ice and trim to get the trichs to reach the bags. I wish i had took a lot nore lics of the process to show the process better but if you just keave it standing , the trichs can get absorbed and trapped by the plant matter that balls up together. It sounds like you did the same thing as i did 1st time using them too. The harshness is due to getting as much mousture as you can out before leaving it to dry out slowly. very similar to the buds i that respect. The trichs are the "hit" for us so when in such a concentrated form and purer , they can hit your chest like a lungfull of crack.lol.( never smoked it just asssuming). scissor hash can be the same. You have to use such small amounts to avoid the coughing with it before its completely dried. It will still be wobbly when heated slightly or worked in your hands but it is far more smokable once the moisture jas been taken out leaving the oil behind. Did you get the bags in the buckets in the right order as this is a huge issue when people try bags. easy to do and leaves only poor quality , low yielding hash. ??

ideal process was
once all in the bucket let stand for 15mins to let the water temp get lower to freeze the globes on the trichs. Then agitate as much as possible for 20 mins ( not beat it up but use icecubes to knock the trichs off the green stuff) to create a foamy , icy ,mulch . Let it sit for 20 mins then repeat.
repeat again again a further 20 mins later making sure to bring the stuff from the bottom of the bag up to the top to release any trapped hash. Then i let it sit for about an hour did the stir thing once more then started removing the bags. You can do a whole second run to release even more from the mulch but time beat me here and at 4 am i had to quit. good luck if you go for it again , happy to offer any help if you need it too.

very simple process mate. bags online can be cheap too. Usually come in 5 pack but you can buy individually too and choose to harvest one grade only. It smokes nice and has quite a hit to it. being an old codger now ( 53) , it reminds me of decades ago driving round dodgy areas waiting in alleys and keeping your wits about you for shit chemical hash. lol. We used to get a hash called DoubleZero that was seen as the bomb of soft hash at the time. Thats what the 1st grade tastes like. second and third are good too and less strong tasting but still very effective. You will be grinning g like a chesire cat watching the hash appear from all that waste and icy water the 1st time. Adds a huge kick to the harvest of your cared for buds too. The mulch can be great compost
Haha nice one! Maybe a stupid question but does it make any difference if you use wet or dry trim for this proces?

Haha nice one! Maybe a stupid question but does it make any difference if you use wet or dry trim for this proces?
not really peter. as long as it is frozen before you use it for wet trim though , it helps keep the trichs frozen and more brittle to seperate it from the plant material. I do prefer from dry , as so far, it is less harsh when finished the processes.I do feel that like our buds , getting as much moisture out when you collect the hash initially makes a huge difference. It can be an education getting the harsher/damper hash and trying to use it in joints is near impossible as it flip-flops if you burn it and sticks like glue too. The potency is a surprise for most of us that making something so good from trim is possible. I kick myself now for over 15 years of wasted trim that could of made me "Hash King". lol
In summary , dry frozen trim from low and slow drying plants that includes the sugar leaves ideally from a focused trim. The process i used works great for me so far but i am always open to any additional info or advice on this method. I will do it with whole plant one day to see just how much can be harvested direct. I bet the hash from it is mind blowing. lol

not really peter. as long as it is frozen before you use it for wet trim though , it helps keep the trichs frozen and more brittle to seperate it from the plant material. I do prefer from dry , as so far, it is less harsh when finished the processes.I do feel that like our buds , getting as much moisture out when you collect the hash initially makes a huge difference. It can be an education getting the harsher/damper hash and trying to use it in joints is near impossible as it flip-flops if you burn it and sticks like glue too. The potency is a surprise for most of us that making something so good from trim is possible. I kick myself now for over 15 years of wasted trim that could of made me "Hash King". lol
In summary , dry frozen trim from low and slow drying plants that includes the sugar leaves ideally from a focused trim. The process i used works great for me so far but i am always open to any additional info or advice on this method. I will do it with whole plant one day to see just how much can be harvested direct. I bet the hash from it is mind blowing. lol
Allright, I was planning to slow dry the buds with the sugarleaves still on it. Looks likea good and safe way to get hash easy, thanks !

Just bought me the kit on Amazon for like 20$ cant wait for harvest to try
you will not regret it mate. the buzz from having so much personal hash around is great.
Such a great experience to produce too. will e keeping a watch for the harvest too. getting the right size round bucket was a pain for me and i have used a few " make do" ones but if you can get a good fit with no creases for mulch to hide in then all will extract better.

Bubble bags I think it means. Just made a nice batch from my last 2 trimmed harvests. Got nearly 2oz of nice oily hash
20200823_165651.jpg
20200823_165640.jpg
20200821_235424.jpg
20200818_180211.jpg
20200818_180130.jpg
20200818_180103.jpg
20200818_175824.jpg
stems too?
Is there a thread somewhere that I can read more about this? I've been looking around and not really finding somewhere that explains the differences in technique of making hash and interested in learning more.

stems too?
Is there a thread somewhere that I can read more about this? I've been looking around and not really finding somewhere that explains the differences in technique of making hash and interested in learning more.
If you click on my current journal , I went through the basics as I made it. It is on this page
Mars Hydro SP 3000: Just Released! SP 250 & TSL 2000 Comparison Grow
Not a comprehensive guide as such but just explained a little as I went along. @Lewydeville makes some great hash too and may be able to shed some info too. There are a few here who use a press and also make oils and gummie bears too. Amazing community wirh some mad methods going around.

Back
Top Bottom