Lighting Distance

Exodose17

What should be the distance from the tops using an HpS? What are the chances of a fire w/ HPS by a fernace or water heater....

Wow! There are some serious variables goin on here honey. I've got no idea of your setup. HPS lights are extremely harsh as far as heat goes. Pics would be helpful.

I think she means that she needs to know if you using hydro or soil, what how much ventilation you have, humidity level, what kind of ballast. possibly some feeding info. The better the ventilation the closer you can put the plant to the light for more efficiency. You want to be as close as you can without buring the plant. So the encased ballasts w/ vent ducts are very nice. You can also put your and right above the plant and if it doesn't start to burn your hand after a minute or two, then its probably good or go just an inch hire to be safe. IMO. I'm not much of an indoor grow yet but this is what i have heard.

Use the back of your hand after lights are completly fired up to full brightness if it's to hot on your hand it's to hot for the plants. I have 600watt enclosed reflectors about 4 to 6 inches from top of tallest plant. of course this would be much further if it was an open reflector or I took the glass out which does intensify the light.

Back
Top Bottom