Lighting for an 8x10 ft room

fullmetal

hey ive got a question about lighting
say there's this room about 8x10 ft and you wanted to fill it with plants.
how much light would you need to use (would 600w to 1000w MH light and then some flouros work). what would the best amount of light be for an area that size. any imput would be nice. thanks

yeah man its all contingent apon how many plants you plan to grow, for that size though i'd go with a 400w MH for the vegetation room with some fluros and for the flowering room thats 8x10 i'd suggest getting 2 600 w HPS.

But the more you elaborate about your situation the more advice we'll be able to give.

Good luck bro

i would say 1000 MH and 1000 Hps. for a whole room for veg and buddin state .. more light the better..but still depends on how many u would like to grow.. more light the better.. what are u going to do for cooling the room down ? :allgood:

ok well first id like to say thanks,
I was hoping to find out how many plants could go in a 8x10 room if filled but with room to move a little. would 10 medium sized (3 ft) be wishfull thinking. more or less?? how much could one expect to harvest of 10 female plants about 3ft tall under 1000 watt MH cramed into a 8x10 space.
as for cooling i was thinking about running in an outside air vent and running one out for air exchange, but it might take some close monituring since its getting cool out. how hot would it get totaly closed off? 100 or more?
thanks again for your input.

i would think u had 1000 watts u would be able to get away wiht ten plants in that room .The harvest all depends on the strain.. and other condtions. it could get preatty hot but like u said it is gettin cold out soon and depending on where u live u could open a window and have fan to streghten them up and i think they would be fine..

cool thanks for your help man.
also would 1 ounce per plant be a conservative guess regardless of species and with good conditions.

my room is a bit bigger then that (not much) and I got 2 1000w one MH and one HPS and am thinking about adding another 600w MH soon and that is for 15 plants.

Back
Top Bottom