Lighting Question

claytonj

I am about to buy my lights. I want to buy a hps/mh 1000 watt system. I can find them cheap, however, my veg closet is 2by2 and my flowering room is 7by7. Should I get the dual 1000 watt? I am only going to do four plants start to finish for my first grow, and if I buy those two now, when I move I will have all the light I need. Any suggestions? Will 1000 watt be to much heat for a two by two? And will a seven by seven just be to big to put the clones in? I imagine it wont be a problem seeing as how 1000 watts for 7by7 is more than enough. Any suggestions? I guess I could place the clones on a table in the corner so I get a wierd triangle effect for reflectivity. Would it be best just to buy the dual 1000?

I am about to buy my lights. I want to buy a hps/mh 1000 watt system. I can find them cheap, however, my veg closet is 2by2 and my flowering room is 7by7. Should I get the dual 1000 watt? I am only going to do four plants start to finish for my first grow, and if I buy those two now, when I move I will have all the light I need. Any suggestions? Will 1000 watt be to much heat for a two by two? And will a seven by seven just be to big to put the clones in? I imagine it wont be a problem seeing as how 1000 watts for 7by7 is more than enough. Any suggestions? I guess I could place the clones on a table in the corner so I get a wierd triangle effect for reflectivity. Would it be best just to buy the dual 1000?

Dude sounds like you've already made up your mind.:Rasta:
Everyone agrees you can't have too much light.
As long as your ventilation keeps temps under control, I say
go for it. Good luck with your grow bro.
Looking forward to it.:popcorn:

1K is too much for a 2x2 area...use CFL's for the veg. 1K is ok for 8x8 but in reality 1k is good for 4x4. I use 2 1K hps's on movers in a 8x9 area.

I agree that a 1000 watts is way too much for a 2x2 space. Use CFL's or short T5's in the veg space and save the 1000's for the 7x7 room.

1K is too much for a 2x2 area...use CFL's for the veg. 1K is ok for 8x8 but in reality 1k is good for 4x4. I use 2 1K hps's on movers in a 8x9 area.

There you go bro.
You have PitViper and Screwnuts chime in.
Some of the best advice I've had came from them.:cheer::cheer:

meh, well That is all I have, and I am placing the 1k above my three plants so it shouldnt be too bad. It is certainly better than less light, so it will have to do. thanks guys. I won't be putting my 1k mh in the closet now.

Run a switchable ballast, run it at 50% in the 2x2 room, and switch it to 100% when you flower.

I use the Lumatek 1000 watt, and it works great, one ballast, two uses!!

Less is better sometimes!!:slide:

Back
Top Bottom