Claytonj's adopted AK-47x2 and Strawberry

claytonj

Ok people, this is my first grow and I shall be posting a journal on here to learn and grow. Some background info, these plants were my mother in law's, and she has all but given up on them because she has no idea, nor the money, to fix any of the problems with the plants. So I adopted them. She is a caregiver and I enjoy my green card. So I have to ak and one strawberry. I have no idea what age they are. They are currently suffering from a N overload, so there age is tough to tell. She kind of forgot, but she estimates they are about six weeks, maybe five. Not sure since N overload stunts growth and turns the leaves super green. I have flushed them with 6.5 water, two gallons each plant as they are in one gallon pots. Their soil is now a healthy 6.5 whereas before it was 5.8ish across the board. I will test my runoff after my next watering. I will post a couple of pics here so you can see my overall garden of a whopping three plants. Since they are adopted, I have no idea what quality I can produce out of them for a couple of reasons, mostly because this is my first grow and because I don't know how long they were overloaded on N. So here is a pics.
plants_one.jpg

more to come at a later point, along with a report in a few days as to how my girls are doing.

All right, i got the children repotted. Fox Farm ocean forest into three gallon containers with twentyfive percent perlite. PH is about 6.8 across the board. Now should I water them? I just got done flushing them yesterday, so I have no idea if I should water them now. Any input? Few more days or vast improvement and I will post some new pics. Thanks.

All right, i got the children repotted. Fox Farm ocean forest into three gallon containers with twentyfive percent perlite. PH is about 6.8 across the board. Now should I water them? I just got done flushing them yesterday, so I have no idea if I should water them now. Any input? Few more days or vast improvement and I will post some new pics. Thanks.

Hey,
I wouldn't water again right away,
wait until the soil gets good and dry ! :grinjoint:

From some of those pics it looked like you had a small issue w over-watering anyway.

I think you made the right move w the flush,
now just wait and see !!

Good job.
MJ420:peace:

Now I knew this when I adopted them, however, I just have to say, I EFFING HATE spider mites. I got neem right now, and carefully sprayed the undersides of the leaves too. I am kind of disappointed. My first grow is fixing someone elses problem. It kind of disheartens me. I want to take a few seedlings and go from there. Just for info, I might give these back to my mother inlaw, and start from seeds myself so i have a disease free, and problem free start. Better way to learn the plant. However, I am learning alot with these plants because they are teaching me to problem solve with my plants. So good comes of it. My new growths on the plants are looking better, they are a healthy green and the older leaves are lessining a little bit with the greenness. Check back later with this journal to see if I can pull it off. Hopefully mites will be gone in a few days or so.

Well, I will post a couple of pics in the next day or so. Through some twisted fate, I got stuck with my inlaws plants, all of them. THe three I had were babies I was trying to fix, but now I have three mature plants, the three, and about 14 clones. However the three and the matures are all going into flowering. I know that is bad and causes difficulties, but we need to get these plants gone so we can clean the room and avoid mites and other things. I will be growing the clones and whatnot, so Hopefully in a few weeks we will have some decent bud, not much though, and a few healthy clones because i am growing them. She doesnt have the money or the resources to grow them or the knowledge so i am taking over. Anyways, little medicated now, I will post pics in a day or two with my new 1000 watt hps.

Sounds like your doing things right so far. Yeah that spidermite thing is a killer. Stick to your guns with them .If you do you'll be fine. and as far as the Soil goes, keep in mind ocean forest has enough nutes for a few weeks, so dont go to crazy wouldnt want a lock out of nutrients. Anyhow, your doing doing a great deed by bring these plants back to life. Great job!! and anything I or any of us here at 420 can do to help guide you just ask, P.M me, or click the link on the bottonm of my signature on any of my comments. Best of luck!!:ganjamon:

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom