Lime green new growth

She has the tiniest bit of tip burn but that’s an indication she has plenty of nutrition available, this is not bad at all - it’s actually desirable. Since the soil is still moist I would wait and not give any more water for a few more days. It’s hard to sit on your hands, we think that we’ve got to do something heck do anything to make it grow better. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. Plants move slowly... it’s hard for us to adapt to ”plant speed”

as far as flushing goes, you don’t necessarily need to flush a plant over and over, that’s an emergency move to wash chemical salts from your grow media and sometimes it can do more harm than good. Yes some cannabis makers suggest flushing when switching between veg nutes and flower nutes or at specific points in the grow but flushing does not exist in big agriculture like fruit or food crops. How do you flush an entire mountain orchard or 100 acres of peanuts? You can’t, it doesn’t happen.

bottom line.... if the soil is still moist - then it’s not dried out. In a few days (if you continue to let her dry out which I would suggest you do)) then the plant will look a bit sad, the upper leaves will droop downward a bit. This is a good sign indicating slight wilt. She’s beginning to get thirsty but don’t water her right away..... wait for half day or full day and keep watch. Then water her good to slight runoff. Then you are going to sit on your hands again and repeat this entire process. We are extending the wet / dry cycle which will make her roots grow and that causes the plant to grow. This is how to build a robust rootball, come flower time bigger roots equals bigger fruits.

my 2 cents - see what other replies come in
Thank you!!!
Yes, wait a bit.

I only mentioned kelp as what I did. It is not a recommendation.
Understood!

thats a beautiful girl, so kudos to you!
Much appreciated, I've seen some bad situations with things getting out of hand with these plants and I don't want to end up with something I'm happy with. Side question when should I throw her into flower mode shes a little over 2 months . Obviously wait till I get this corrected but could she be ready for flower and this be some part of the problem as well? Newbie i know lol. But I gotta ask. And for the record I was comparing pictures it seems as though she is getting a bit of green back on her top fan leaves or maybe my eyes are playing tricks. Also was noticing I took a pic around Feb 26th and I had NO lime green then I change pots and my problem started fyi idk if this helps anything but thought I should share. Anyways thank you very much for all insight. I am actually going to leave the house so I don't feel the need to do anything to her lolol. Sitting on my hands!! Have a good day God bless

Good afternoon all!!,
Just wanted to check back in with updates!
I took the advice and sat on thy hands.... I watered her this am! She was wilty which is why I did. The color is coming back in the big fan leaves, some of the new growth looks like it may be recovering slowly as well!. I am attaching pictures. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped! Thank u thank u thank u. I do believe this girl is back on track! Side question when should I throw her into flower mode ? I'm perplexed because I have a 2 week seedling and don't really know what to do with her. The seedling is the strain I purchased and really want the best for that one. Tbh I was using the first one as a beginner plant. So I'm kinda in a pickle. Didn't really plan this out to well obviously. Build a wall in my 2x4 tent? Bout the only thing I a: have space for b: have the money for. Anyways again thank you have a blessed week

20210314_154224.jpg

20210314_154216.jpg

20210314_154209.jpg

20210314_154143.jpg

20210314_154133.jpg

20210314_154128.jpg

Too close to tell, wait it out a bit more.

I have seen plants put out a small leaf there as well, not scaring ya but it does look like a little leaf coming out there. Not unusual if it does happen. I am also half blind. ;) ...good picture.

apologies for the gap, think the color looks better!!

The time to flip is when the plant is super healthy, but has zero pests or deficiencies. It’s a lot easier to put seedling on a shelf or other location. Dividing a tent is not an easy thing to accomplish and light leaks won’t hurt the seedling but will mess up the chick in flower and cause her to hermie.

Just a plethora of knowledge... Yes the color is definitely coming back even the new growth is getting some green in the veins. Think I'll grab a cheap light make a makeshift grow box for now. Want to purchase those tents with a germination section on one side. But I can't find any tall enough in a 2x4 configuration. Any ways I'll up date in a few thank again

Today she looks amazing. I'm low stress training the new growth branches and I still haven't fed her yet, probably will feed her lightly next watering. I'm thinking of throwing her into flower next week or so. Also still not sure of shes a male of female. I think she's a she but I could be wrong.

20210318_094221.jpg

20210318_094202.jpg

Looks great, glad she greened up. When starting from seed you get nodes or even pairs of limbs that join the stalk at the same place or the same height, but when the plant becomes sexually mature the nodes become uneven or to say another way they don’t join the stalk at the same place they become stacked. So one limb on the left then 1/2 inch above that another limb joins on the right so they are alternating. You can flip at any time but when her nodes are uneven then she will flip to flower more quickly. Anywho I could be wrong here but that’s my understanding.

This can be different when starting from clones, if clones are cut from low on a plant it can retain the even node spacing but clones cut from up higher will generally have the left, right left stacking of limbs not the even nodes like starting from seed. Hope some of this makes sense if not maybe someone else can explain it more concisely

but yes you can flip anytime you are ready provided she is healthy & pest free. I just lost 2 plants with 10 weeks of veg time all of it was wasted due to pests.

That sucks.... Sooo about the pest?.? What should I be looking for is it things the naked eye can't see? I don't 5hink shes pest free but didn't think about either due to her not showing signs. Any info on the pest side of it will be welcomed with open arms. Again newbie so all info is good for me at this point. If you don't mind feel free to unload thy knowledge. Any thing you would suggest i should do to her to prep her for flower. I think I might make that switch in about 2 weeks. I think i understand what ur talking about the nodes. I believe 1st picture is what ur talking about. Hopefully all keeps going in the right track and I will have some buds in the near future as long as she is actually a male lol fingers crossed I kinda feel like she is but we will have to wait and see. Ty !!!

Screenshot_20210318-160802_Gallery.jpg

20210318_094139.jpg

I’m a newby grower too, but happy to share. Mites can be seen on bucket rims but are often pretty much invisible on the plant, they lay eggs on leaf undersides. Most here use $8 jewelers loupe, $12 pocket microscope or $35ish digital microscope but you can’t hold any of these still enough to see. So we snip a leaf or part of a leaf and lay on a table to scope for mite eggs. Another option is to download a smartphone app called magnifyer but same deal, snip leaf lay on table, prop phone for stability and scope or shoot pics or whatevs, never used the app myself.

There are other critters, fungus gnats, white flies, thrips, aphids etc etc. point being any time you see a bug or insect near your garden pay attention.... is it a crawler or a flyer, did you see it on leaves or in soil etc. Most pests come in thru contaminated soil, or flower pots that were used for flowers or veggies, they come in with our pets or hitchhike on the gardener, beware your outdoor trips, yard work etc. Some critters can be seen, others are well camouflaged, some are nearly microscopic. Some bugs are beneficial and eat the nasty critters so yeah... 420 member Nunyabiz runs with colonies of earthworms, rove beetles and hypoapsis mites in his soil on purpose - they kill off any real pests. Mochabud uses nematodes to keep soil on track

One option would be a prophylactic spray, not that you have pests that we know of but as a preventative. You can spray in veg but it’s best to avoid spraying in flower however sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. Yes some chems can mess up the flower progress or burn up pistils. There is a range of chemicals some smell nasty but most are derived from organic sources. Neem oil comes from Neem seeds, Spinosad is an isolate from sugar cane production, pyrethrin comes from crushed chrysanthemums. After spraying do not put plant back under light, use fan on low to dry leaves, maybe raise the light a few inches for a day so the bright lights do not cause the oils in the spray to burn your foliage... literally sunburn or light burn here

To spray effectively - elevate the plant up on high shelf spray leaf undersides first, get main trunk and branches too, them move to lower shelf and spray from the top down. Spray undersides first cause if you spray from top down first then the leaves will be drooping down from weight of wet leaves. Spray top of soil and bucket rims too. Sometimes a soil drench is necessary

Yes in 1st pic she has uneven nodes or staggered nodes at that point in her growth that one looks ready to start stacking nodes left, right, left etc.... but in 2nd pic she has even nodes

we each have different levels of experience and study so please consider all other opinions too

Everything is looking very good! Great Job. From what ive seen in this chat, i have a theory that the yellowing was from a lack of nutrient uptake due to overwatering or lack of oxygen to the root zone. The flush and other adjustment could have added to a bit of shock and leaching of nutrients from the plant and soil. Once you notice the def's it has already been several days in the working and once the problem is fixed it takes several days for us to know if that was the solution and takes ample time to return to vigiourous growth.

:ganjamon:

If it wasn't for all of you I would've had a very sick girl with no idea what to do so thank you. Next up get this girl I hope she is), some nugz to drool over !! Cheers and God bless

Afternoon All!
Well I will say it more than definitely was me over watering..... but now she is off to the races I had to up pot my seedling and due to a fumble and a drop smh... but that didn't slow her down shes full speed ahead. I got a veg tent coming and a more powerful light for flowering. So in about 2 weeks I will be ready for some flower time!!!! So excited to see this come along. I absolutely love marijuana and now I'm all legal and growing. Thank you to all. I'm attaching a couple pictures feel free to comment if you see something I need to do better

20210326_103028.jpg

20210326_103025.jpg

20210326_103023.jpg

20210326_103019.jpg

20210326_103011.jpg

20210326_102953.jpg

20210326_102947.jpg

1st Ty, I have them up off the concrete you just can't tell. Florida anyhow 80s all day lol.. I've noticed they are thriving in the sunlight so I try to get them out couple hrs a day. Got a 1000w phlizon cob light coming for flower and using my old tent. Just concerned because I had bought 2x4x5 tent originally, just bought a 2x2x4 for seedling and veg only i just hope that I can keep the light far enough away when they double in size in flower mode. But I do have a pretty solid exhaust system 6 inch everything so hopefully that will be enough. Any thoughts? If not have a blessed day!!

Afternoon,
Quick question im getting close to switching to flower. What nutes should I pic up? Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated!

Hey yall peep the thread I have just opened, currently dealing with the issue of new growth being very lime green. it looks different than yours pictured but I share the same struggle of not being able to find pictures anywhere related to my current issue. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom