Plant turning lime green to yellow

Robreefer

420 Member
Hi people. New to 420 and growing I have started my first grow buds are coming along nicely, I think but I don't like the lime green/ yellowing colour of the leaves on all but 1 plant which is lush green.

Plants are on day 45

Growing girl scout cookies auto from fastbud420 in 12 litre pots

Soil is bio bizz and biobizz bloom nutes popular where I'm from in Ireland

Watering every 3 - 5 days ph 6.5 runoff 6.2

Lights are solar extreme 500 by California lightworks in a 4x4 tent
Pictures below hopefully

All the plants are equaly fed,same soil, but as I say 1 plant is lovely green the other 3 are not
Any help or advice on what you see would be greatly welcomed. Thanks fellow growers

Attachments

• 20201017_150618.jpg
    20201017_150618.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 129
  • 20201017_150622.jpg
    20201017_150622.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 20201017_150626.jpg
    20201017_150626.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20201017_150644.jpg
    20201017_150644.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 20201017_150717.jpg
    20201017_150717.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 113
  • 20201017_150644.jpg
    20201017_150644.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 116
Do you have a bottle of cal mag?

they’re pulling the excess nutrients out of the old leaves where it’s not necessarily needed right now, and moving the nutrients to the colas, where it counts.

Give some extra cal mag in with the feedings, and hopefully that should balance her out and finish strong.

welcome to 420 mag btw!!

Don't pay attention to runoff pH. It won't tell you anything.

6.5 is at the higher end for biobizz.
They ask for 6.2-6.5 with a controlled pH of 6.2-6.3.
It doesn't seem like much of a change but it really can be.
I would lower your pH a touch and make sure you are adhering to the biobizz feeding schedule.

Hey Robreefer,

Welcome to 420. Don’t worry about runoff ph or ppm, there is no useful data there... every time you water fine sediments and nutes come out in the wash. Think of Las Vegas - what happens in the bucket stays in the bucket. If you monitor ph runoff then try to adjust the input to change the output you will be in the side ditch quickly.

I would lower your pH a touch and make sure you are adhering to the biobizz feeding schedule.

Thanks Virgin Ground I'll adjust water accordingly for the next feed

Hey Robreefer,

Welcome to 420. Don’t worry about runoff ph or ppm, there is no useful data there... every time you water fine sediments and nutes come out in the wash. Think of Las Vegas - what happens in the bucket stays in the bucket. If you monitor ph runoff then try to adjust the input to change the output you will be in the side ditch quickly.
Cheers 013 always wanted to go to Vegas

Thanks mate I have a bottle of calcium and a bottle of mag I'll add them. Should I wait till the next feed as I only fed them yesterday?
Yeah, you dint want to over water/feed them, so yeah I’d wait a few days before you give them some.

virgin ground and 013 had some good tips about the ph, that was my next message to you lol. Checking the run off won’t tell you anything, to be able to do a proper medium test, you would have to do a slurry test.

Biobizz actually recommend not to bother with ph or ec.

Biobizz actually recommend not to bother with ph or ec.
I just took the info straight from the feeding schedule pdf.
Says to adjust pH and use an enzyme product.
So, they contradict themselves?
I don't use it myself.
Same with Pro Mix with the same caveat. Your water has to be within certain parameters (under normal circumstances). If you have garbage water with a really low or high pH you'll still have to pH adjust. Well water comes to mind. Most use RO in this instance but not everyone can.

Saw that they don't use limestone to buffer but organic salts instead.
Wasn't sure how stable the pH would be vs lime.

I don't use it myself.
Same with Pro Mix with the same caveat. Your water has to be within certain parameters (under normal circumstances). If you have garbage water with a really low or high pH you'll still have to pH adjust. Well water comes to mind. Most use RO in this instance but not everyone can.

I haven't used it myself either. All the soil companies have contradictory info. One 420 member ran promix side by side, ph water to 3 on one and 9 on the other....both plants finished the same. I use FFOF, I actually think ph water has a negative affect. Thats just me. Best thing people can do is experiment, what works for me may not work for someone else.

I use FFOF, I actually think ph water has a negative affect.
Agreed.
I fit into the 'normal circumstances' category. I have a starting ppm of 195ish.
I had deminished harvests when I would pH in FFOF.
I ran it with Mega Crop and didn't pH and grew monsters.

Its been probably 10 years ago I really dove into figuring soil out. Can not remember where or the exact info I read but long story short, it said the acid in ph down would make a molecular bond in the soil n every time you water it would drop ph of the soil. I use to ph my water n then in flower I would have issues, checked my soil ph and it was 4!

For the plant above I would back off the lights just a bit. Make sure you are following mfg guidelines for your specific light. Too high ppfd will stress a plant and cause it to yellow. You can turn them back up later. No sense in pushing sick plants. You can slowly increase after they have been corrected.
The plants are in the middle of bloom and appear hungry (low N) with a bit of a sulfur def.

I do have a few more questions.
What type of water are you using?
If it's soft or RO you should have been using cal-mag throughout your grow per the nute feeding schedule.

Are you feeding less because they are autos or are you feeding full strength nutes?

I don't use it myself.

Just to make it easier for a newbie... you can't even trust the manufacturers reading lol Thanks for all the help guys your the best on here

Back
Top Bottom