LiveAndLetGro's 1st Time DWC LED Bagseedx4 Grow, 2017

Good Morning Growers! Got some updating to do today. The front left plant started to show male signs and after seeing a clump start to form, I knew it was time to get him out of there. And then there were 2! The plant on the right side is for sure female, white hairs everywhere. Lefty is still taking her time showing any white hairs, just oval shaped sex growths so far. I really hope it ends up being female.

Now, without further adieu, new pics! These were taken Saturday, the day I removed the other male.

IMG_0352_1_2.JPG
IMG_0354_1_3.JPG
IMG_0355_1_5.JPG
IMG_0356_1_2.JPG
IMG_0357_1_3.JPG

As you can tell, I did some what I would call, "extreme" low stress training on the left plant. I left the girl alone for the most part.

This is how they looked yesterday, 4/23.

IMG_0373_1_3.JPG
IMG_0374_1_4.JPG
IMG_0375_1_3.JPG
IMG_0376_1_3.JPG
IMG_0378_1_4.JPG
IMG_0380_1_2.JPG
IMG_0381_1_1.JPG
IMG_0382_1_2.JPG
IMG_0383_1_3.JPG

And finally some pics from this morning...

IMG_0390_1_5.JPG
IMG_0391_1_4.JPG
IMG_0393_1_1.JPG
IMG_0394_1_.JPG
IMG_0395_1_1.JPG
IMG_0396_1_3.JPG
IMG_0397_1_1.JPG
IMG_0398_1_1.JPG
IMG_0399_1_4.JPG
IMG_0400_1_5.JPG
IMG_0402_1_2.JPG
IMG_0403_1_4.JPG

Good Morning! The ladies seem to be doing well, just growing away.

Quick question, will my temp and humidity ranges cause me any problems during flowering? The rh increases at night when they sweat and the temp goes down. I am thinking I may need a dehumidifier to run at night and keep my rh low, around maybe 40%ish?

Also, I have read that lower night temps can cause purpling, which I'm all for, but is the 20 degree swing I average going to cause any problems during flower? Let me know what ya think and thanks for stopping by!

IMG_0441_1_4.JPG

IMG_0437_1_2.JPG

I dont remember exactly, but I remember they do like the temp swing from day to night, I thought it was around 15 degrees or so, (I dont remember) but I dont think your 20 degree swing will not be bad. Although, I wouldn't go too much lower than that 64...

RH?, I have always battled it (I'm in the 60's right now, with barely nothing going on,,lol), best advice is to keep air moving,,, fans to move air around, and a good fan exchanging the air in the tent... keep the air moving, and you will lower the risks of the higher humidity. (lower, not eliminate)

I only ever got bud rot once, and that was with this real dense strain, sharksbreath I think, and it was humid that summer, 96% outside all day long, and in the room it was almost as bad....

I dont remember exactly, but I remember they do like the temp swing from day to night, I thought it was around 15 degrees or so, (I dont remember) but I dont think your 20 degree swing will not be bad. Although, I wouldn't go too much lower than that 64...

RH?, I have always battled it (I'm in the 60's right now, with barely nothing going on,,lol), best advice is to keep air moving,,, fans to move air around, and a good fan exchanging the air in the tent... keep the air moving, and you will lower the risks of the higher humidity. (lower, not eliminate)

I only ever got bud rot once, and that was with this real dense strain, sharksbreath I think, and it was humid that summer, 96% outside all day long, and in the room it was almost as bad....

Thanks Boom! After reading your post I tried to do some more research and it looks like you gave the best advice. Keep the air moving. Right now I have an osculating fan blowing on them at top speed. I think (or hope) that will be enough. It gets humid where I live as well, if it causes me too much trouble I may have to get a small dehumidifier I suppose. It would be awful to loose a crop do to something I could have prevented. But all in all it seems like with the air moving and having good circulation I shouldn't have too much to worry about. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me, every bit of knowledge helps!

Today makes 2 weeks of flower for the girls. "Legz" (the lady on the right) is really spitting out white hairs. I think I can actually see the beginning of a few buds. So exciting! Lefty (no name yet lol) is still just growing away. Her fan leaves are massive! She isn't flowering as fast as Legz, but that's fine, I don't mind having a later harvest for her. I will already have one under my belt by that time, hopefully. I know I should probably defoliate some of the lower growth but I think I'm just going to let them grow the way they want for now. I don't want to stress them into hermies. As long as things stay on track I am going to try to keep the updating down to once every week, every two days just seems like a bit of overkill lol.

IMG_0446_1_2.JPG
IMG_0448_1_4.JPG
IMG_0450_1_2.JPG
IMG_0451_1_2.JPG
IMG_0452_1_2.JPG
IMG_0453_1_2.JPG
IMG_0454_1_2.JPG

I figure they are some sort of hybrid, but I was wondering if anyone had any guesses as to whether these are indica or sativa?

Happy Growing!
:Namaste:

"I figure they are some sort of hybrid, but I was wondering if anyone had any guesses as to whether these are indica or sativa?"
Indica dominant is my guess based on leaf's and current height. Looking super healthy and lefty may catch up or even pass ol' girl.
If you have just the two plants, consider rotating one resevior so the plants are diagonally opposed. Each plant will get two sides of unobstructed light instead of one. Great grow, have really enjoyed it.

Gauge

If you have just the two plants, consider rotating one resevior so the plants are diagonally opposed. Each plant will get two sides of unobstructed light instead of one. Great grow, have really enjoyed it.

Rotate the resy's for more light. Great idea! I never even thought about that! The more light the better! Sounds like a good way to maximize what I have. Thanks Gauge!

Thanks Lonestar! Happy to have ya! One day, when I grow up, I wanna be just like you with a RDWC! :bravo::welldone:

Your setup looks really nice man, I am going to sub back. Anything RDWC or DWC interests me, especially if they have LED's.

:thumb:

I know, I said I was gonna keep it down to once a week....but...they just look so good! :love:

It did get cold last night, 59 degrees, and I wasn't able to turn the heat on. Hopefully it doesn't hurt them too much. I broke down and ordered a little dehumidifier to try and help with the humidity. Quart mason jars and humidity packs on the way too. I was not able to rotate the girls but I did spread them apart some. They are really growing!

So, the whole reason for updating...pics!

IMG_0490_1_3.JPG

IMG_0492_1_4.JPG
IMG_0494_1_5.JPG
IMG_0497_1_3.JPG

IMG_0498_1_2.JPG

Hows it going buddy? I am having L&Lgrow withdrawls

Gauge

Good Morning! Things are going pretty well! Thanks for stopping by! I had an update typed out yesterday that I forgot to post. I have to tell on myself....

I learned a lesson today. Do not place anything with a chord on the shelf above your ladies. If you do, you will be in there messing around, snag that cord and pull your dehumidifier right down on top of lefty. :rollingeyes:

I looked for any breaks on her. It didn't hit the main stem and the growths it did land on seemed to bend and not break. Some of the smaller leaves were snapped off so I cleared them out. I went ahead and cleared some of the bigger growth out around her, it was my attempt at a bit of defoliation, even thought it was initiated unintentionally. I learned a lesson, that's for sure.

The first 2 or 3 pics were taken before my little mishap. Also snapped a pic of a 10 point leaf and an 11 point leaf.

IMG_0563_1_1.JPG
IMG_0565_1_2.JPG
IMG_0567_1_1.JPG
IMG_0576_1_2.JPG
IMG_0594_1_2.JPG
IMG_0597_1_1.JPG
IMG_0588_1_.JPG
IMG_0591_1_1.JPG
IMG_0593_1_2.JPG
IMG_0581_1_1.JPG
IMG_0584_1_1.JPG

Back