Living No Till Soil Recipe, Coots Base

Mulch is mixed in so there’s no going back now lol!

on another note my 3gallon girls are doing well with the Gaia green dry ferts, white widow is a heavy feeder thought and showing it is wanting some extra calcium. In organic what are some of my options?

I have low humidity usually won’t be a problem I struggle to even get it to 50%. I defoliate regularly, foliars with citric acid and a compost teas have done well so far even against PM. I also have a fan over the canopy and another one of the tops of the pots never had a bug prob yet but also never been this organic!

The 3gals aren’t LOS, using FFOF and Gaia Green organic dry nutes. So far so good.

Got 20gal pots for the LoS

I’ll try some gypsum, no access to BAS stuff in Canada.

Well in flower just try to keep humidity below 50% with lots of airflow, maybe a mild defoliation before you leave anywhere.
Use Silica all through your grow and keep plants as healthy as possible with a brix above 12 and you should be fine.
Also give a few foliar sprays with aloe vera and it will trigger the plants SAR response kind of like a vaccination.
Use it in your water along with Yucca Extract and they will help control any bad pathogens.
Plus if your mycorrhazae population is strong and healthy then it will ward off bad fungi like Botryis.

Supplement with silica? Like pro tekt or is there an organic form?

The 3gals aren’t LOS, using FFOF and Gaia Green organic dry nutes. So far so good.

Got 20gal pots for the LoS

I’ll try some gypsum, no access to BAS stuff in Canada.
IF you're following coots recipe you shouldn't need any calcium.

What makes you think you need more?

Gypsum is only slightly soluble form of Ca and Sulfur and Ca is not a mobile element. Your soil needs to have it available so the microbes and fungi can break it down for the plant.

Gypsum is only slightly soluble form of Ca and Sulfur and Ca is not a mobile element. Your soil needs to have it available so the microbes and fungi can break it down for the plant.
I use it as an amendment between grows and for my outdoor pepper plants.

It is on my 3gallon FFOF using Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 not my coots, it is freshly mixed and cooking up for my next grow!

Im 3 weeks to harvest might ride it out, may be mostly fade and from light intensity.

Gotcha.... fan leaves turn colors at end of their life cycle which is about 3ish weeks before the plants life cycle ends. Actually the reason the leaves turn yellow or other colors is the loss of Mg that is being translocated to the flowers. Ca is part of it but the change in color is directly related to Mg being moved to other parts of the plant.

Chlorophyll has only 1 Mg atom. So when it get moved by the plant from the fan leaves, the green color is lost. That Mg atom is the center of the chlorophyll molecular structure.
So when its gone so goes the green color. This process is perfectly normal and expected.

Great explanation I’ve never heard the fade being explained before!

Back
Top Bottom