Logitech's LED Screen Of Green

Re: 360w LED Perpetual SOG sponsored by growledhydro.com, Pineapple Express and Gigab

Thanks Botanist. I am familiar with Irish, and his grow. Thanks for pointing that out though. I am kind of with you on this thinking, more coverage, more lights, less watts. I am planning on SOG, as I like quick turn-arounds. I may do other stuff on the side but that is my main style at the moment.

I may consider highly the 120W units...

Thanks Bot...

-Go

Re: 360w LED Perpetual SOG sponsored by growledhydro.com, Pineapple Express and Gigab

Thanks Botanist. I am familiar with Irish, and his grow. Thanks for pointing that out though. I am kind of with you on this thinking, more coverage, more lights, less watts. I am planning on SOG, as I like quick turn-arounds. I may do other stuff on the side but that is my main style at the moment.

I may consider highly the 120W units...

Thanks Bot...

-Go

i would say go with the 180w's they are biger units and they have more intense power/light hiting ur plants. but what it all comes down to is how much money you have and how much power you want to draw? but i would agree a few 180w's would be better the a 300w, thats why i wanted to use two 300w lights on my next grow to cover more area, but mike thought the 600w would be better, so i am going to take his advice and use the 600w. if i buy more of his lights they will be 180's to box around my 600w for more covarge area. i don't mind the power i use as long as the yield makes up for it.

just my 2 cents

I see what ya mean Irish. yeah power ain't no thing...

180 seems to be a nice number too.

Thanks bro..

-Go

I see what ya mean Irish. yeah power ain't no thing...

180 seems to be a nice number too.

Thanks bro..

-Go

it all depends if your a baller or not? but if these leds did work great i would have 180w above each plant. but thats of course these lights gave me good results i would spend that much paper.

Im with you both, I forgot Mike carries 180s. Only reason I am not using 180s is because he had no more so 120s where the next best thing for me. He offered 2 -300w panels but I didn't want to use 600w. I am trying to achieve the most yield with minimum power. Plus, your average person well be more intrigued because the initial start up cost is low and the return should be high oppose to the higher cost of the larger units. I feel safe saying everyone likes saving money, and this grow is to demonstrate what you can do with low power, and low money invested. (depends what you consider low money though)

Oh you know I is Irish bro...you think I should nail the 300W then?...same housing size as the HGL's...but with almost 3x as much power....

It's a big ol bitch...lol

It's so tempting...I guess he offers 60 days return eh?...long enough for me..

with 300W of spectra power combined with 180W of PS power, It should make for a pretty decent coverage area and yield, don't ya think?

Sorry to jack your thread bro...didnt mean to..

600W light seems badass, but its just so big, all the ladies would have to be at the same height, or very very close...

I have a perfect area for that unit size too...just slightly bigger than the actual unit itself!...but at that same time I could fit 3x300W panels in there too...WHich would be insanity..

-Go-

You dont have to say sorry to me for nothing, I like the questions. No one has a solid answer so getting it out there and generating ideas is what Im all about.I bet that 300 packs a series punch. Also green, Mike offers a 120 money back guarantee.

If you want power, I would use the 300w units. You can only adjust one 600w panel so much, but you can tailor 2-300w lights to the plants needs.

Oh you know I is Irish bro...you think I should nail the 300W then?...same housing size as the HGL's...but with almost 3x as much power....

It's a big ol bitch...lol

It's so tempting...I guess he offers 60 days return eh?...long enough for me..

with 300W of spectra power combined with 180W of PS power, It should make for a pretty decent coverage area and yield, don't ya think?

Sorry to jack your thread bro...didnt mean to..

600W light seems badass, but its just so big, all the ladies would have to be at the same height, or very very close...

I have a perfect area for that unit size too...just slightly bigger than the actual unit itself!...but at that same time I could fit 3x300W panels in there too...WHich would be insanity..

-Go-

120 EH? Very nice!..

So in an area that is 19"W by 48" long....

2x300 watt panels, or 1x600W panel?

Seems the two would be easier...price per watt is the same.

Are your 120's pretty bright Bot? I just need to fill that area real nice and tight with lighting... If I got 2 -300s they could sit end to end, and cover just as nicely in fact more so by a few inches than the single 300W.

Coverage, or wattage is about what it's down to at this point.

Thanks for letting me questionize your thread. lol

-Go

I would def use two 300w units over a single 600w unit. Like I said you have more control over your environment and plant height. Anyone else feel free to chime in, opinions are needed

Great advice Botanist. Thanks a bunches. I think that would be the best as well!

-Go

Are they still 60 Degree lenses or are they 90 degree? I was under the impression they were 90degree diodes. The video states 60.

Another thing I am curious about here is I ran across some European site where there was spectra units being used, back in summer of last year. GrowGreen or something, I can't remember too much, but they seemed very similar to these. Same person?

The fact that there is a decent return policy will be the selling point I think. A confident company knows that if a customer is not satisfied after 120 days, their unit may not be all that great. Hence 60 day returns....stupid...stupid...Plus return fee's, I mean shipping back is one thing, but to charge a restock, or whatever. That's just lies.

How has your customer service been with this company? What else can you tell me.

Thanks bro! Thanks a bunch.

-Go

Are they still 60 Degree lenses or are they 90 degree? I was under the impression they were 90degree diodes. The video states 60.

Another thing I am curious about here is I ran across some European site where there was spectra units being used, back in summer of last year. GrowGreen or something, I can't remember too much, but they seemed very similar to these. Same person?

The fact that there is a decent return policy will be the selling point I think. A confident company knows that if a customer is not satisfied after 120 days, their unit may not be all that great. Hence 60 day returns....stupid...stupid...Plus return fee's, I mean shipping back is one thing, but to charge a restock, or whatever. That's just lies.

How has your customer service been with this company? What else can you tell me.

Thanks bro! Thanks a bunch.

-Go

The lights are all 90 degree lenses. From what I know he has been doing a lot of testing on different lenses and the video was probably made when he was trying out the 60 degree lenses. He posted somewhere that using the 90 worked the best because it aloud the different spectrum's to mixed together a lot more evenly and efficiently. I don't know a lot about Mike but what I do know is he lives in California and made the lights through his own testing, I believe he is a one man crew but don't quote me on that. Every time I have ever email him I get a same day response, or next day morning. When I spoke to him on the phone he seemed like a ordinary guy like you and I. He does not seem like he is out to make a buck what so ever. I know he is, but what I am saying is that is the least of his interest. He truly just wants to make a solid light that will make a happy customer.

Sounds reasonable. Very reasonable indeed.

Thanks for your input Botanist. That's very kind of you to share. Hopefully Mike can join us on the forums more often. I am sure he wants to see what others are doing with his products eh????

I am still awaiting a response from him about my light decision. I'm ready to drop some dough...just want the best bang for my buck. With the 300W having the panel plum full of lights, it seems that may be ideal. But then again, I was impressed with my jumbo 180 grow...This is a constant battle in my brain...the wife hates it. haha

Sorry for that rant.

Thanks again Bot!

-Go

Bot,

I wast just thinking...is 2x300W panels, really equal to one 600W panel? If what the goal is here is to maximize watts per square foot, which seems what needs done at this point, then 2 x 19 = 38" long by a width of equal 13" across the board. Whereas the 600W gives us 34" x 13"...more power per square foot. We are only talking four inches, but four inches is just that...four inches. lol it could have a nug in that space.

Maybe I just disarmed my own argument here...it still seems more rational to have fewer or twice as many lower watt panels.

-G0

120 EH? Very nice!..

So in an area that is 19"W by 48" long....

2x300 watt panels, or 1x600W panel?

Seems the two would be easier...price per watt is the same.

Are your 120's pretty bright Bot? I just need to fill that area real nice and tight with lighting... If I got 2 -300s they could sit end to end, and cover just as nicely in fact more so by a few inches than the single 300W.

Coverage, or wattage is about what it's down to at this point.

Thanks for letting me questionize your thread. lol

-Go

i would use two 300w units for sure over one 600w unit.

Bot,

I wast just thinking...is 2x300W panels, really equal to one 600W panel? If what the goal is here is to maximize watts per square foot, which seems what needs done at this point, then 2 x 19 = 38" long by a width of equal 13" across the board. Whereas the 600W gives us 34" x 13"...more power per square foot. We are only talking four inches, but four inches is just that...four inches. lol it could have a nug in that space.

Maybe I just disarmed my own argument here...it still seems more rational to have fewer or twice as many lower watt panels.

-G0

but you can space the two 300w out more so you can get an extra 12" on the 600w. plus if you grow different strains and had a tall hindu like me one light could be up higher and one could be lower like i needed on my blue dreams.

Well I decided to order the 180W. Since you are using the 600W Irish, and Bot is using the 120's. I thought what the hell. Now I can put it up against Prosource. That's kinda what I want to see at this point.

So anyhow. I ordered this morning. We shall see what the time takes...should be quick though, as I am somewhat close by.

Excitement!!!!!

-Go-

Edit insert:

I figure I better not go spending 1400$ right away, when previous mistakes have proved otherwise...not to say his company is a mistake, or the lights wont work, but I too, in my own way am a pioneer with these units, and like to have as much tech as possible. The next purchase will likely not be until late April sometime.

-Go

Awesome job Green. Now we will be able to get opinions on almost all of his lights, good move and keep it green. Peace. :rollit:

Thanks bro. Yeah I plan on buying a different 180W unit later on, so this will give me the ability to continue testing his unit vs others at the same wattage.

In the mean time I think I will set up the 180 alongside the jumbo 180. If the coverage area suits me, I may throw up a room divider and take a challenge run against these 180W units.

Thanks Bot! I am seeking some strains at the moment, and hopefully I can show ya'll my tech sometime.

Maybe I need to get a pic up of all my units, just so you guys can see I am not blowing smoke. haha well I am, but not in a bad way! haha

Peaces!

-Going Greener Every Day-

Back
Top Bottom