Looking for a bit of advice on this deficiency..

Mdwstgrntech

image7929.jpg
image7930.jpg

I'm generally quiet and reserved in my request for help. This day in age, with a world if info, just clicks away, I can usually muster my way through problems on my own. But this here is driving me batty, and I'd I'd love to hear some opinions. Your time would be greatly appreciated.

To me, it's looks like both a magnesium and the signs of a calcium deficiency are present. The calcium def signs are juuuust starting to show with small tan spots, necrotic, all on the interior of the leaves. I believe this to be a lockout issue due to a nute mix a touch too hot. (Not a temp ref)

I run catylitic carbon filtered water (65ppm)
Calmagic added till approx 300 ppm

This has always been my starting point before adding nutes and I've never experienced any problems with deficiencies.

Water ph is set at 6.0 and not touched. It generally stays within range on 5.8-6.5. Two weeks ago I did find it at 7.2 and made an adjustment slow to 6.5.

Leaves are super taco's (mag def)
Edges rolled (could b assiciated to mag def)

Small tan spots (calcium)

I've increased calmagic a bit to approx 380ppm, but symptoms continue to worsen

Humidity has been a touch low recently but increased to approx 50% +\- 10.

Temps are 78 high- 62 at its lowest.

600hps - high temp is taken at flower height within the net. (78 high)

In short, here's my nute quant. @ last chg.

H2O start = 65ppm
Calmagic - 338 ppm
General hydroponics micro - 15ml
GH-grow- 5ml
GH-bloom - 25ml
Floralicious plus - 5ml (full dose)
Kool bloom - 10ml
Flora nectar - 25ml ( 1/2 dose)
Ph'd to 6.0
2.5 ML drip clean

I run my trio at 1/2 strength or a touch less. (DWC)
But some of the additives I've added at full. This a problem?
It's seems I'm giving enough calmagic to at the very least see some results? I've even done two applications of pure Mg foliar, but resist over doing it as to watch salt build up.

At this point I'm inclined to think there is a lockout issue at hand. And my final ppm may be a touch to rich resulting in lockout. I think I'll try a nute mix of approx 700 ppm.

Lastly, a few additional details, I'm running:

DWC 5gal buckets
Large air stones for lots of air
Strain - white widow hybrid. (Specifics unknown)
Wk 11
4 weeks into bloom

swing of ph from 5.2 to 6.2 is ok as the plant can still uptake everything just not all at the same time, I adjust mine every 2 days to let the ph run within that range and seems to work for me, bare in mind Cal and Mag can lock each other out, that could be where you run in to problem by adding full on certain things and half on others, maybe you should try everything at half instead, just a though.

if you run your ph at 6 and no lower, your already have lock out on a few things

Alright, that's good info & gives me a place to start and a couple other things to try. I did reduce my nute mix two days ago; it was running around 800 or so, and I brought it back down to 500 or so until I figure out what's going on. There is no burn present. Tips and edges look good, so I don't think that was the cause of the problem in the first place.

Yes, my ph stays right around 6.0. +/- .2 The plants have always consumed = nutes to H2O, so ph doesn't flux much. But if it does it generally goes high rather than low. I know I'm providing enough cal\mg and yes, perhaps a touch too much as of late, as I brought up calmg about 75-100ppm to see if they would respond. Once I did not see that I changed my focus to a lockout issue. I will try to 1/2 all additives and keep my ppms around 700 total. + ill drop my ph to 5.8 and keep it closer to that mark. I think that may be it; ph.
I checked and recal'd my ph meter yesterday. It was spot on at 7 and .2 high @ 4. So, my meter was good, relatively speaking.

Roots look good. Blazing white and a thick tangled mess of spaghetti.

I'm not far off, and once I figure it out it may turn into a duh moment for me. :/

Thanks for the responses everyone. This should prove to be helpful. I will repost with improvements.

They're approx 18" above the tops; 22" from top of my scrog net.

600w air cooled light. Heat stress seems unlikely to me.

The origin of these plants is unknown and they are 'rescue's'. When I recieved them they were tiny lanky lil things; approx 16-18". They had just started a 12/12 cycle so I kept with that when I recieved them, although, had i gotten them still on a 18/6 schedule, I would've grown them out a bit more. I recieved two plants. One in a 3 gal bucket with a tiny air pump with a stone the size of the tip of my pinky finger. The second plant was DWC'ing in a two liter bottle, with the same air stone setup. I transplanted both to 5 gal bucks and waited....growth (the strech) turn out nice and the plants increased in size nicely. Roots initially were small and stringy; albiet very healthy. After two weeks they were a massive ball of spaghetti! Nice n healthy.

Strain as mentioned is 'supposed to be' White Widow'. It's a def hybrid but specifics unknown. Definitely not bag seed. But, as you can see, problems could be due to a pre existing issue. How were they germinated? RW cubes? Where they Ph'd properly, I dunno?

I've lowered the total ppms and ph to 5.8. The problem is still present, buuut doesn't appear to be worsening. Time will tell over the next several days.

..... (Crossing fingers)

Back
Top Bottom