Love. DJ DhroneE in the Mix. (Skunk, Strawberry Blue, Gigabud, LA Woman

Re: Love. DJ DHRONE in the mix. (Skunk, strawberry blue, gigabud, la woman

Looking real good DHRONE. Your ventilation idea looks sound, you could vent into attic in winter to keep ambient temp up and outside in summer to keep attic cool. I would still use the furnace fan or even a vent fan in main garage ceiling straight into attic space to provide fresh air. (or maybe even into the light,although I don't know if the air could be too cold) There are so many options, the only limit is your imagination. I like the low bushy plants, a result of the LST. I think anyone with height limits would benefit from LST.:goodjob::peace:

pictures > words

what is this?
CIMG09601.JPG

CIMG09611.JPG

CIMG09651.JPG

i am a ladies man:
CIMG0963.JPG

skunk being transplanted. i this going straight into 3 gal pots is the way to go. F this S. Skunk day 1 flower

CIMG0979.JPG

skunk22.JPG

Day 4 of flower:
CIMG0983.JPG

CIMG0999.JPG

CIMG1000.JPG

CIMG1001.JPG

Frontrightskunk.JPG

veg box inside flower box to keep temp regulated. it takes up too much room though and this experiment isnt going to be long lived. have to figure out a perma veg spot.

CIMG0984.JPG

CIMG0985.JPG

sword fight: disposed of this dude..... 3 out of 4 mystery seeds are female. woot woot

CIMG0988.JPG

CIMG0989.JPG

CIMG09601.JPG

Could be damage from a leaf repeatedly blowing against this one. Could be a leaf cutter type bug. Or could have been a small peice of damaged leaf that could not regenerate its self and as the leaf grows the effect of the damage is exagerated. I wouldnt worry about unless its happening all over the place. Then look for bugs.

I would check and double check your pH. The curly ruffled look you have in some of this pics look like pH being off. If its runoff is reading fine then calibrate the meter and try again. Other than that looks pretty good.

Ventilation advice

box: 6x5x4
garage attic space: about 300-400 sq feet.

i am trying to come up with ways to keep the attic temp down and box cool here is what we are doing... read my journal for more info.

insulating the rafters and walls of the space and probably sheetrocking it. the garage below stays decently cool in the summer so we were planning on running a vent line from down there through the air cooled hood of the 600w light and out of the space completely. as for the box itself i was debating on whether or not to run a Tee off of the line going to the light and have a small inline duct fan blowing some of that out into the attic. then just intake the air from the attic into the box or run a tee into the box.

here is an idea of what we are going to do. let me know if you think it will work.

light_vent.JPG

Hi DJ Nice DIY grow chamber. You could leave the fan just cooling light then have a seperate exhaust port up in the the top corner of wall.You could go four inch inline fan with scrubber attached plugged in to thermostat to control heat and humidity. As the light fan will probably keep room good so smaller exhaust will exchange stale air for fresh and control odor of the exhaust.:ganjamon:BC get a fan speed controller for light fan keep on low and save money on elec.

CIMG09601.JPG

Could be damage from a leaf repeatedly blowing against this one. Could be a leaf cutter type bug. Or could have been a small peice of damaged leaf that could not regenerate its self and as the leaf grows the effect of the damage is exagerated. I wouldnt worry about unless its happening all over the place. Then look for bugs.

I would check and double check your pH. The curly ruffled look you have in some of this pics look like pH being off. If its runoff is reading fine then calibrate the meter and try again. Other than that looks pretty good.

we have been checking the ph of the water/nutes but not really too much on run off. i will have to keep an eye on it.

we are using distilled water so i should probably be checking the ppm but i have already invested a good bit of money into this grow with nothing to show for it.... so far.

i see you are growing strawberry blue as well. we are at about the same stage too so it will be interesting to see a pro growing the same strain at the same time.

thanks mcbudz

we have been checking the ph of the water/nutes but not really too much on run off. i will have to keep an eye on it.

we are using distilled water so i should probably be checking the ppm but i have already invested a good bit of money into this grow with nothing to show for it.... so far.

i see you are growing strawberry blue as well. we are at about the same stage too so it will be interesting to see a pro growing the same strain at the same time.

thanks mcbudz

The runoff is important since soil that does not have enough lime in it can bring the pH waaay down. Soil can be highly acidic due to breakdown of the moss in it. Higher the moss content the more acidic it can be.

My Strawberry Blue is just a baby seedling right now. Will be some time before we see it do anything exciting.

run off at 7.2 not too bad and will slowly work it back down. no need to flush i dont think

You shouldnt be on the other side of neutral. In soil you should be 6.3-6.7. 7.2 is pretty far off.

You shouldnt be on the other side of neutral. In soil you should be 6.3-6.7. 7.2 is pretty far off.

what he said

What's the best way or correct way to lower the ph at this point?

i have a question about my plants will anyone help?

I called our local hydro store and they said just use ph down and re-test the runoff.

Watered the plants tonight with h2o with a pH of 5, tested runoff and it was at 6.6 so moving in the right direction.

When should we stop spraying the girls down that are in flower?

And I cut two more clones from the bag seeds even though they have been in flower for a little over a week. I tried to get cut from side shoots that weren't showing too many preflowers, is it too late to try to clone them? I put them in pods with cloning powder and cloning solution just like the others. I guess we will see.

Btw, I'm helping with this grow, just decided to step out from behind the scenes and get some advice

What's the best way or correct way to lower the ph at this point?

next watering adjust your solution with pH down until you achieve the proper runoff. may take a few times to figure out. example:

solution going in = 6.9 and runoff = 7.3 then try to lower solution pH to 6.3 and see if your runoff ends up at 6.7 ish.

well we have been monitoring ph more closely now and have been using ph up and down made for soil instead of the fish tank ph up and down. it is surprising how random the ph is that comes from the store. we need to get an RO filter asap.

day 18 flower:

DSCN0891.JPG

DSCN0892.JPG

DSCN0893.JPG

DSCN0894.JPG

DSCN0895.JPG

DSCN0896.JPG

DSCN0897.JPG

DSCN0898.JPG

DSCN0899.JPG

veg box:

DSCN0900.JPG

sad clone, probably from the heat. couple days it got in the 90s:

DSCN0901.JPG

DSCN0902.JPG

Shit's about to blow up. I'm liking the way that LA Woman is growing (sixth pic I believe). The 4th pic didn't upload for me, and one of the bag seeds looks like it's got 10 or so colas. LST seems to be paying off.

Back
Top Bottom