Love My RO Water!

Ganja Goose

Hey 420,

So I made the switch to RO water for my Sensi Star grow. Having previously used my tap water with water softener (ppm 0.6), I'm pretty certain my plants are breathing a sigh of relief this round. Using the Promix and the AN again. My EC for the seedlings was in the 0.8 range and I've slowly increased to an EC of 1.2 at the 4 week mark. I'm not following any schedules, just watching the plants for signs of yellow and adjusting the EC upward as they ask for more nutes. Compared to my previous grow I think the results have been fantastic.

It's a pain going to pick up 10 gallons of water in town every week, but I'm hoping the results pay off. I'm sure in no time I'll be looking at RO systems for the house.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

GG

Sensi Star1 Nov 28 2020.jpg

Sensi Star2 Nov 28 2020.jpg

Hey 013,

Hope you are doing well.

Right now I'm just buying it at the store in town. Making a trip in each week to pick up 10 gallons. I'll explore an RO system for the next grow I think. It sure is nice knowing that the only thing going into the plants is just water and nutes.
I might have to hold off on getting the RO system until after I ask Santa for some LED's. Still using the 200 watt CFL's right now.

GG

Hey @BeanTownFan420 and @013 ,

.....and of course the day after I post how well I think my grow is going, I wake up this morning and see this. I am growing in Promix and feeding AN. I've been trying to do my own investigating and I think it could possibly be a calcium deficiency but I don't know why it would only appear on half of the leaf? I couldn't find any information on the left and right curl to the leaf either.

Thoughts?

GG

Sensi Leaf Nov 29 2020.jpg

Well that is a bit off of my Calcium deficiency analysis lol

I better go do some homework on that. I've also read that the Sensi Star has a history of producing variegated leaves - if this is in fact a variegated leaf. I had never even heard of that word until today lol

Hope everyone is staying safe. Thank you @BeanTownFan420

GG

hey @013

Growing in a finished basement. There is a carpet surface but there is a layer of black foam flooring between the tent and the carpet

GG

Hey GG,

I would elevate the pots up from the floor again anyway, the floor is coldest spot in your basement. I learned this the hard way last year now I’ve got interlocking foam rubber floor tiles, 3/4 inch sheet foam, my tent, a cut down wooden pallet, then a kiddie pool for the drain pan, then plant risers and finally my container. What’s that line about weed doesn’t like cold feet or wet feet?.... oh yeah, that’s right!

Also on the water deal - it’s called RO Buddy from Amazon, don’t know how I got an RV filter from that but yeah I did!

Those light colored spots on her fan leaves look like insect bites into the leaf tissue.... thrips maybe?

I'm going to look into those. I would certainly pay for itself in a couple of years.

Yes I'm not sure what those spots are but just like the possible TMV thing, those are limited to just the one leaf

Odd no? But I guess maybe they need to start somewhere

GG

I know right? But I always say growers shopping list is a never ending thing. I’m on a well so I’m not changing my water game.

That’s freaky, if you have loupe or scope then maybe consider snipping it and zoom to see if mites or thrips have attached eggs to the backside. If it’s viral then it will spread regardless of cutting a leaf or not. Honestly I was leaning on the cold feet thing from the moment I saw it but BeanTown has very sharp eye & knows lot more than I could ever hope to so yes could be viral too. Could be something funky in the genetics. Will be curious to know if she keeps popping a leaf like that here & there as it matures or if it grows out of it.

but what the heck it’s 1 leaf on a beautiful specimen!

it's not tmv. it's not predatory damage. it's just genetic.

it'll normally affect a few leaves and thats it. if it's prevalent in a cutting, that cutting will have difficulty. most plants that exhibit it grow through it.

it won't spread through other plants like tmv. tmv is primarily a soil virus. other plants in the same mix would also show signs.

it's not tmv. it's not predatory damage. it's just genetic.

it'll normally affect a few leaves and thats it. if it's prevalent in a cutting, that cutting will have difficulty. most plants that exhibit it grow through it.

it won't spread through other plants like tmv. tmv is primarily a soil virus. other plants in the same mix would also show signs.
Hey @bluter thank you for taking the time to help me out. Very appreciated. I had read an article which said that variegated leaves are genetic as well. I think it had even mentioned it was specific to the Sensi Star? Sensi is one of my favorite strains and I was wondering if you had experience specific to Sensi Star?

GG

Back
Top Bottom