Low/No smell Indica dominate strain? ID perhaps?

Droopy Dog

The backstory: A friend of ours from SoFla stayed with us for a few days on his way farther North. He always has some prime examples of HG and this time was no exception. One particular bud yielded a few seeds and he gave them to me. Very nice, in fact, almost stronger than I prefer, should have stopped at 3 hits instead of 5. LOL

Anyway, Spring comes and after the garden is in I decided to do the seeds for S&G. 4 of 6 came up, but a cutworm got 1. Put them in a safer spot right quick.:slide: Ended up with 2 females and 1 male.

The phenotypes from the 2 females are way different. 1 is very light green with almost sativa like leaves and long internodes. The other, very dark green, very wide leaves (some singles close to the bottom were right at 1" across), and close internodes. Beautiful growth habit, reminded me of Williams Wonder (Pure Indica), that I grew years ago.

I'm thinking the seeds are F2 because the phenos are so different. I would swear different plants if I didn't see the seeds come out of the same bud myself. Took several clones of both, but more of the short bushy one.

It dawned on me one day, playing with the clones. There was no skunky smell! The Williams Wonder, by the 3rd or 4th set of true leaves gave off a very strong aroma that really kicked in when it went into bud. A ion generator didn't stand a chance! I flowered outside and you could smell it 20' away in the open.

The plants are now outside (not all the clones), and about 2 weeks into flower and only smell if you get real close to the bud. I've never seen or smelled anything like it.

The male flowered several weeks ago and I saved some pollen, but pulled the fems back inside under 18/6 because I wasn't finished cloning.:grinjoint: I like to have a bunch of clones set back, "Just in case".

Has anyone heard or seen a strain that is low smell like this? The guy never mentioned a strain or a name, but usually doesn't other than, "You'll like this".

Just hope I'm not growing a beautiful, bushy no high plant. I'll know in about 6 weeks for sure and I'm going to take the pollen and make some seeds from both of the plants for later.

Nothing really invested yet, other than some CFL for the clones, some rockwool and cloning gel. Won't invest anything till the outdoor buds are ready and tasted.:cool:

Just very curious as to this lack of skunk smell.

Thanks for any insights!

DD

BTW, as a side note.

The majority of the leaves on the pretty bushy one (85% or more) only have 3 lobes. Some 5 after the flowering started.

DD

BTW, as a side note.

The majority of the leaves on the pretty bushy one (85% or more) only have 3 lobes. Some 5 after the flowering started.

DD

Actually, now that I have really looked, BOTH plants share this 3 point leaf deal.

Just that 1 is very wide and deep green and the other narrower (not sativa narrow), and like a lime green.

DD

my girl i have growing right now isnt really smelly either but shes goin on week 4 of flower... she also has 3 point leaves around her flowers... i think this happens when shes in flower...
heres a pic
DSCN0365.JPG

What strain is that? Looking good, whatever it is.:goodjob:

After reading a lot of threads and looking at a LOT of pics, I have the feeling it is a Blue Cheese of some sort.

Especially looking at SFHaze's journal and his many pics of his Blue Cheese. The deep green one with the wide leaves anyway.:yummy:

The other, lighter one, looks a lot like yours.:cool: That's why I was curious about the strain.

DD

Back
Top Bottom