Lowryder Easyryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stayed away from automatics because I thought they were designed for short height/quick but low harvest weights. I think I've been proved wrong by your pic of the plant. With the AK47 crossed it should be good for medicinal use if the AK part is dominant. From the size of the plant I would say it is but a smoke report later on will confirm it.

MC - that pic isn't mine, it's bubble growers plug for his harvest.

Can you super crop this strain? Would you want to? Time is not an issue for the length of the grow, I want the best harvest I can get. But If they go bigger than 46" in Ht (just the plant), I'd be in trouble.

Here are the traits from Attitudes website:

This is an f1 cross between a Lowryder #2 and an automatic AK47 in which the two parents strongly exhibit their best genetic traits: high resin production, the fruity aroma (of a carefully selected Lowryder #2 phenotype), and the size and branching of the AK47 automatic.
This poly-hybrid is fully auto-flowering and matures in 70-75 days from germination, reaching optimal size if given enough light (intensity and time). The best conditions are 20 hours of light and 4 of dark during the entire cycle. Outdoors the best time is may-august, but it's easy to do multiple cycles per season, until November.

Green007, You could try to supercrop. Just be a little gentle with it. Crush it lightly and bend it to 70-90* if it goes easy. If you have to struggle to crush and bend then don't do it and work with a smaller side branch. The whole purpose of supercropping is to expose new growth sites horizontally to the light above.

Right on. Tossing the idea around to grow only 2 at a time, so if I can supercrop them a little I can spread them out more and have max depth penetration with my 400W. What do you think about that?

Excited to see how StinkFingers lowryder turns out.

Hey Guys.

Totally don't mean to jack this thread. I'll post more pictures in my journal. But I mentioned I would provide a couple of update pics, so here is Week 5 yesterday.

These are TWO LowRyder, AK47xLR2, seeds from Attitude.
As of yesterday. They were approximately 15" tall and 18-20" wide.
400W light, General Hydro (EcoGrower - Drip system)

MJ_1292_1.jpg

MJ_1301_1.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

:bong:

SF

Thanks StinkFinger. This thread is about the LR2 x AK47 strain, so your post is not only pertinent, it is appreciated! :goodjob:

Week 5, are they autos or are they starting to flower yet?

Thanks StinkFinger. This thread is about the LR2 x AK47 strain, so your post is not only pertinent, it is appreciated!

Week 5, are they autos or are they starting to flower yet?

Thanks Green!

It would appear they have started to flower! The breeders pack says 10-11 weeks for harvest, so things should go very quickly the next couple of weeks. (Notice the yield, perhaps the only negative?)

MJ_646_1.jpg

Again, I feel guilty monopolizing this thread with pictures, but if it helps anyone out to make a decision on Autoflowering/LowRyder, then perhaps its all good.

Plant #1
MJ_1294_1.jpg

Plant #2
MJ_1295_1.jpg

Much Love Everyone.
SF

This is exactly what I was hoping to have happen when I started this thread. Good advice and practical information about the strain. Getting in-progress grow updates of it is a bonus. Please keep the updates coming as you harvest and give a smoke report.

Nice pics!

Looks like you have had alot of input to help you along with your choice Green007!

Great pics Ill +rep ya first chance I get but its been to soon since last time.

Thanks for adding the pics SF. I've been following your journal with the LowRyders. Based on your plant sizes, (23" tall and about 23" in diameter), I definitely am going to give the EasyRyder a try, but might only try 2 instead of the 4 I originally planned. Guess I'll have to wait and see your yield to see if I want to stuff 4 in my room.

Secret Agent Green out

Thanks for adding the pics SF. I've been following your journal with the LowRyders. Based on your plant sizes, (23" tall and about 23" in diameter), I definitely am going to give the EasyRyder a try, but might only try 2 instead of the 4 I originally planned. Guess I'll have to wait and see your yield to see if I want to stuff 4 in my room.

Thanks man! I was thinking the same thing as you when I was measuring these out. I guess the "weird" shape of the EcoGrower is what's really preventing a third or fourth plant being optimal for this unit. I did a close inspection of the light on the canopy and while I can raise it a little more (to reach lower bud sites), I am concerned about stretching. Two plants in this system seem to be perfect.

Basically, I'd like them to stop growing both up and out at this point, and just keep the buds piling on, but doesn't everyone. :cheesygrinsmiley: It might not be that far-fetched as we're 6 weeks out of 10-11, so over 1/2 done. For the closet size, the hydro unit I'm using, and the 400w light, I have no complaints this far. 1 seed in 5 didn't do its thing (20%), but what can you do. In this case two plants seem to be perfect.

Anyway that's my story, I'm sticking to it. :bong:

Be well man!
SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom