Lowryder Journal

madamecrash said:
Hey Skatterbrayne, Did any squirrels dig yer LR's out of the trash??? Watch out, them suckers are as persistent as Brown Bears in a dumpster.. LOL.. :rofl:

Seriously though, I'm real glad to hear this didn't slow ya down. Do you have any way of adding some blue spectrum in the room? Maybe a couple of flouros or something to stick on the new sprouts for the first week? The blue spectrum will help encourage females....

Peace
MC
:smokin: :cool: :peace:

Peace,

Well, the bulb is the hortilux, supposed to have 25% more blue spectrum than most.
But I was thinkin' lately of vegging completely under flouros instead. I did that my last grow, but wanted to try the hortilux start to finish, as I've heard good things about the results. But some issues are causing me to rethink running this hps for 18 hrs a day for 4 weeks and then flowering, when I could just use my flouros. I just figured the hortilux would show drastic veg growth improvement. I went over to my buddy's the other day though. And he's got 2 Hog and 1 Kali Chronic under 2 32watt cool whites. They are in their 6th week of veg, showing pre-flowers, looking like monsters. He's usin Flora Series, and will bud under hps, 5-gallon hydro.
Anyway, I looked at the stalks of em and couldnt believe all 3 were under just those lights.

Yeah, we got some Flourex Flood lights like InYourEndo has. (thank you Endo! :adore: :adore: ) Boy they work like a treat. Convinced me to start all my plants under them. And I've got a Hortilux Eye like yourself.

Like he said, Lowryders are not an easy grow. My hat is off to you! :allgood: :adore: :adore:

MC
:peace: :cool: :smokin:

Dude, nice grow set up. Are you sure those are boys? My first LR grow was 4 out of 4 girls, and they looked just like your pics, only you plants look a bit yellow in comparison, but it could be your lights. Don't let the days fool ya. My girls started showing sex on day 19.
Keep up the good work.
Vintner

Yeah, I hear you guys, hasn't been going that easy for me either, but the males were healthy as hell when I yanked em. Fresh Lettuce. Yeah, Vint, the light yellowed em in the pic and unfortunately there were only too male. By the time I actuall pulled em, the balls were a lot more pronounced. I'm hopin' for some like yours!

But I might be with Endo after my last 4 seeds are gone. 1 is starting to pop now, but at the end of the day, since I'm already growing inside with no stealth plant issues, there's no real reason to keep growing these instead of another strain, except to sample the strain's smoke itself, this once. I wanted to do em as a supplemental crop to whatver I had goin. But for all the trouble, I might as well go with something that'll yeild so much more and allow me to clone.

I've decided this must be simply

Good thoughts Madame, I'm goin' back under flouros with this maybe for the first 30 days. And finish with the hortilux.

Thanks for the help guys, and the grow room compliments?:laughtwo: Thank yourselves, lol, I learned from everybody here, including you all.:cheesygrinsmiley: :allgood:

Peace

Well, I've got two more Lowryder's up........sort of.

One, I almost threw away, the one whose starter leaves I pulled off accidentally. It was just like MC advised its growth has been stunted since and it appears to be a micropheno, you all tell me what you think.

These are horrible pics, but you can get the jist of how small this thing is at the 10 day mark...
Blurry_view_of_Micropheno1.JPG

It hasn't even grown enough for me to take it out of the cloner I made.

GXRS_2_Day_6_from_cutting1.JPG

Every day I see it, I consider pulling it, but I can't do it:drool: without knowing!!
The other LR is not much better:

Day_11-Lg1.JPG

And its stem has been purple and weak from jump. But I'm gonna bring a fan in to try to strengthen it. Its just nowhere near what the last two that turned male were at the 10 day mark.

We'll see what unfolds
:smokin:

Day 18
I yanked and tossed the micropheno. It was only takin' up space.

This leaves me with one
and Still no sign of sex, hopefully thats good. On my first go 'round my males showed on this same day.

Day_17_LR_overhead1.JPG

I had that same problem with a couple of my plants in my first grow.

honestly, the fan beefed the stalk up alot and they ended up growing slowly, but surely

Thanks for the help guys......

IT'S A GIRL!!!! WILL POST PICS ONCE THE HAIRS ARE MORE PRONOUNCED. ITS STILL SO SMALL THOUGH...............

:allgood:

Congradulations!! Pink cigars all around! :cheesygrinsmiley: :smokin: :adore:

Excellent grow Skatterbrayne. She looks very happy in there. Maybe you'll get a 2 OZ Lowryder? :cheesygrinsmiley:

All the big LR yields have been in DWC also... :allgood:

MC

Yup, they stay pretty small dude. Only one of mine was over 12". DON'T let her get polinated, or you wont get much bud at all LOL. congrats
Vin

Peace and Thanks Everyone!:cheesygrinsmiley:

I've been unable to upload pics off of my cam to my pc lately. I'm hopin its a camera issue, cause tonight I'm borrowing a friends cam to take and upload so hopefully you can check this girl out. If by chance they are approved tonight, I'll post tonight.

She is still small. But nothing like the micro I tossed out. She should be ready to come down on Oct 30

Okay, here's the goods.

A few different angles:
LRSunny_Side_Up1.JPG

The plant is about 8 inches tall, and 18 days away from harvesting.
LR_2weeks1.JPG

2weeks_left1.JPG

I don't know how to do the mag thing with the cam, and this pics doesn't really show the trichs well, but they are on the approach, my friends. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Trichs41.JPG

wow, they look awesome man! Much bigger and denser than mine were at that stage, but then I did fluoros and MG soil. We all know how deceiving pics can be. I can see tricomes in those pics anyway. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see your finish, and final weigh in.
Vin

Back
Top Bottom