"Lowryder & Lowlife Bean Talk!"

thanks alot for the helpful info. i am now growing lowrider 2 x ak47, and i was wondering if it would be cool to do 24/0 lighting as they share a room with my 7 other plants. which would give me more bud?

so how does cloneing workwith auto blooms? There is no way to get a mother plant is there ?

Not well. Nope. They sell lots of seeds lol.

hey all i'm pretty new here just started my first grow and i went on the lowryder2# strain and got a freebee 1 disel ryder so 1 didnt make it so its x4 lowryder2# and x1 disel ryder its day 5 and they all poped out the soil looking good i think they are outdoor its sunny and moist here in my area already the start of the summer so its a good wether conditions, i'm useing a soil mixture that fit good for weed not to fency not to cheap and only going to water them for the first 3 weeks, i'm planing to add compost later on insted of any kind of fert's that has chimicals, i will welcome tips from everyone!

2 things,

mr growitall,
24 hours is cool, but i think you hit a point of diminishing returns at 16-18 hours. esp in flower stage. the joint doctor put out very good instructions on the best way to grow them on his website and its posted on some seedbank sites too. he says 24 hours is cool but 18 wont give you less bud if done after 3 weeks veg.

i have mine under 12 hrs. :( but they are looking good anyways.

weedryder,
cool! good luck, buut why on earth would you not water them after 3 weeks? if they're thirsty feed them, if they're not, don't. treat them good and they treat you better.

i didnt mean i'll stop watering them, i said i just use water till 3 weeks without fert's :) sure i'll water them what am i crazy ?! but i chose to go with compost insted of all the special frets we have around today, i just buy compost blend it so it will be like powder end then spred it evenly on top of the soil inside the pots and then suok it with water, compost has exdented-release so it dont burn the plants and its cheap and has all the nutrents they need...

btw sorry for my english i'm not american of british or whatever so you'll have to excuse me :)

2 things,

mr growitall,
24 hours is cool, but i think you hit a point of diminishing returns at 16-18 hours. esp in flower stage. the joint doctor put out very good instructions on the best way to grow them on his website and its posted on some seedbank sites too. he says 24 hours is cool but 18 wont give you less bud if done after 3 weeks veg.

i have mine under 12 hrs. :( but they are looking good anyways.

weedryder,
cool! good luck, buut why on earth would you not water them after 3 weeks? if they're thirsty feed them, if they're not, don't. treat them good and they treat you better.

appriciate it wheelo, can you shoot me the link so i can go check out the DR's instructions.

i can do better than that,

OFFICIAL LOWRYDER GROW GUIDE
(10/04) - written by the Joint doctor

Preferred growing methods

Indoors:
Lowryder performs very well in soil mix (pots or beds) or in soil-less systems, where it can be cultivated from seed to bud in two months – 18 hours of light per day is recommended all the way through. Switching light cycles down to 12 hours may diminish yields and shorten the already-short life cycle slightly. Because Lowryder’s life cycle is so brief, cloning becomes impracticable, so only plants from seed are grown. By default, Lowryder is a great choice for sea-of-green.

Because flowering plants and seedlings can be maintained in the same room, Lowryder presents new possibilities for the small to medium home grower, including “staggering” your indoor harvest. A true continuous harvest system may be achieved by planting new plants periodically to replace the ones that have been harvested. This ensures that a grow room is always full and always producing fresh bud, and one never has too much work at once. Click here to learn more about the Joint Doctor’s “1-2-3” continuous harvest method.

For best results, place jiffy pellet or plant directly into 1-2 gal.pots. Alternatively, start in 4-inch peat pots, then place rootbound females into a plant bed after sexing (at approx. 17-20 days) – this may result in smaller plants than the first method. Grown under a 12 to 24 hour/daylight cycle from start to finish. I recommend 18 hours per day; this can be decreased to 16 after the first month with no loss of yield.

Outdoors:
Sow directly into soil after soaking, in 2 gal. pots or plant beds. New stands of Lowryder can be planted up until late summer, to ensure a continuous harvest outdoors. Avoid transplanting if you can, but do so if plants become rootbound. Rogue (remove) males at three weeks.

Growth Factors:
Lowryder is extremely versatile in that it can be cultivated in virtually any climate or grow environment. In fact, it has pushed the envelope of growing, enabling early harvests in unlikely places like Finland, the North West Territories, and other northern, short-season, or high altitude areas. It is also well-adapted to backyard gardens, windowsills and patios where plants can be easily concealed because of their tiny size.

Nothing will mature earlier or faster than Lowryder! When other varieties have barely begun flowering, Lowryder outdoor growers are kicking up their feet and already enjoying their fresh harvests.

Characteristics:
Lowryder virtually does away with the vegetative growth stage: it passes almost immediately from the seedling stage to the flowering period. To our knowledge, Lowryder has the shortest known life cycle and height in the cannabis species.

Male plants may be identified as such after approx. 17-20 days, while females show themselves a couple days later. Plants will even flower under a continuous light regime.

Lowryder females usually grow no taller than 16-20 inches. 12-16 inches is typical. Light intensity, pot size, and proper pH all play an important role in determining the size of plants at maturity – the better the conditions, the bigger the yield. Plants produce one main cola, although when they receive adequate light, lower nodes branch out profusely.

Yield and height are dependent on obvious growth factors. For example, plants kept in small peat cups on a windowsill may yield as little as 1 g. and grow no taller than 6 inches, with no branching whatsoever; while a plant in a 4-gallon container under high-intensity lighting and good cultivation methods, can turn into a profusely branched, two-foot wide 45-gram bud monster.

Fertilizer:
During the first two weeks of growth, Lowryder should be weekly light feedings of a “grow” type nutrient solution, with micronutrients. When plants pass into full flower, they should be started on a “bloom” regime for weeks 4 through 6. Mycorise-type biological amendments (root stimulators) seem to increase growth significantly.

Average flowering time:
Indoors: 40-45 days (after a 15-20 day seedling stage)
Outdoors: ripens approx. 60 days after seed is sown.
Note: 100% of plants display the auto-flowering genotype.

Average Height:
12 inches. Minimum: 5 inches, maximum 16 inches (very light-dependent, with slight phenotype variations).

Yield:
Depending on light and other factors, Lowryder yields between 3 and 45g** – one report even claims 98g*** for one exceptional plant under hydroponics. Extremely light-dependent in terms of yield. Without adequate conditions, plants may stay extremely small, almost comically so – but still produce a decent smoke.

* Buds are compactand close-quartered, slightly irregular and variable, with high bud/leaf ratio.
* Thick pistils, with orange coloration, and medium-sized, individual calyxes.
* Tends to be top-heavy indoors. Typically, budding sites start very close to the ground.

Experience and Notes:
* High is uplifting, surprisingly strong.
* Well-rounded. Best suited for outdoor activities.
* Smoke is smooth with pleasant, earthy undertones.
* Smell is not overpowering.
* Unique flavor, with echoes of NL and William’s Wonder in the bouquet.

JD on nutes:
I get alot of requests for more info on nutrient needs for Lowryder. This is a hard question to answer as it depends how much money you want to shell out for nutrient products.

I get Advanced Nutrient products (many say the best) at a discount and I have adapted their formula for my own use. Advanced Nutrients provides a complete program for an 8-week grow and has a guide for different growing mediums.

For the first two weeks, I use what they recommend for seedlings.

Then I use the Micro 2+ Light Feeding program for the rest of their life cycle. I usually skip week 3 and 5 to bring it down to a 6 week program which I begin as soon as LRs are sexed.

I know it sounds complicated. Obviously all this is not needed.

As a rule of thumb, treat Lowryders like seedlings for the first 2-3 weeks, then switch them onto a light bloom program. So, you feed them a seedling/transplanting formula the first 2 weeks, then switch to a bloom fertilizer with something like a 5-10-5 or 1-2-1 ratio of N-P-K.

Give them a feeding of bloom fertilizer every week on weeks 3,4,5,6. Just pH-balanced water on week 7. Flushing solution on week 8.

...or for organic freaks, just plant into organic soil mix with bat guano mixed in... and put away the calculator... . Smiley

----------------------------

** Wikipedia says Lowryder yields between 3 and 50 grams on average, Joint Doctor's Lowryder grow guide only say 45g so it was edited, adding "between 3 and 50 grams".
*** Wikipedia states that one LR plant yielded 98 grams. Joint Doctor's Lowryder grow guide stated 96 grams, so it was changed to "98g".

----------------------------

Lowryder is the result of many years of selective breeding by the famed Joint Doctor. It claims a heritage of Williams Wonder x Northern Lights #2 x Mexican Rudy (C. Ruderalis). Mexican Rudy's exact lineage is not known but it is thought to be a cross between a Russian Ruderalis strain and a Mexican Sativa.

The Ruderalis in the strain provides the genetic information to cause the autoflowering trait which causes the plant to begin flowering regardless of the light cycle at about 17-20 days of age. Most plants will reach maturity at approximately 60 days from sprouting and will yield anywhere from 3 grams to around 50 grams depending on container size, lighting, and general environment (it has been reported that one exceptional plant grown in hydroponics produced 98 grams). The height of this recent strain when mature is typically around 12 inches, making it extremely easy to conceal.

Lowryder can be grown in soil, in hydroponics, and aeroponics - all with great success. It has been found that Lowryder is not highly tolerant of significant nutrient levels. As such, feedings should be kept very diluted. Additionally, this plant is not picky in its lighting needs. While high pressure sodium (Sodium vapor lamp) lighting is recommended for the best growth and yield of Lowryder, it is possible to grow under compact fluorescents and has even been grown in windowsills successfully (although the yield of a windowsill plant is rarely significant). Lowryder also lends itself well to outdoor stealth growing as it can be grown in many flower beds or bushes without giving itself away.

Overall, Lowryder has proven to be excellent for non-commercial purposes, allowing smokers to remove themselves from dealings with unreliable, inconsistent, or potentially dangerous drug dealers. While acceptance of this strain has been slow and it still has many critics, it is well on its way to becoming one of the best known strains.

I have grown the LR1s. It was a fun grow, but the harvest was small. Beautiful plant. I've also grown several crops of LR2 and the recipe for LR1 worked just fine.

I was thinkinga bout the bubblegum thats mixed with Lr#2 im looking for plant that doesnt branch much and stays small also uplefting high smooth taste. BG lr2 seems to be what im looking for has anyone here tried any of it?

I agree with you, WeedRyder, about the taste and aroma. They do have a very strong smell while growing. I could smell mine when I pulled into the driveway.

Quantuman, you growing the Original Lowryder or Lowryder 2? If the original, your plants should have reached or nearly reached their max heights. Are they starting to fill out some? Any pics?

the original week5 from seed
SV40000129.JPG

That doesn't look anything like the original lowryder looked like. More like a LR2. Here is a pic of the LR1.
Picture_001_small.jpg

That doesn't look anything like the original lowryder looked like. More like a LR2. Here is a pic of the LR1.
Picture_001_small.jpg

is this your plant? how much did it yeild? whats the main diffrence between LR1 and 2? thanks

Back
Top Bottom