Maer's - 3 part + Organic - NFT / Soil - Winter Veggie Experience

Re: Maer's - BluePlanetNutrients 3 part + Organic - NFT / Soil - Winter Veggie Experi

I re planted the mint in to coir / pearlite mix - I removed all the contaminated soil possible, put about an inch of hydroton at the bottom (dont know why force of habit?) and then 50/50 then the top inch or so 100% coco (ran out of mix).

I hope this kick starts the mint's growth because I am drinking mojito's faster than this thing can grow!

@Corey - I hope so too, being the 1st time around I am getting a really low effort to payoff ratio, but the next run should be much better, I plan to run 3 early girls and leave a lot of room so i can harvest many trusses of fruit before having to pull them.

@OG13 - I am running 18/6 currently from seed - the book I got on hydro tomatoes say they do just fine that way.

Re: Maer's - BluePlanetNutrients 3 part + Organic - NFT / Soil - Winter Veggie Experi

Looking good Maer. I've got a few tom's going in my flood table as well. Trying to see how they grow indoors. They really seem to like Coreys BPN 3 part, and LED combo.

Your's are looking awesome.. I hope they stay that way, and that your mint go nuts for your mojito's

Looking good Maer. I've got a few tom's going in my flood table as well. Trying to see how they grow indoors. They really seem to like Coreys BPN 3 part, and LED combo.

Your's are looking awesome.. I hope they stay that way, and that your mint go nuts for your mojito's

Thanks man, thanks for stopping in too.

I harvested 11 or so sun sugars, I gave them out one at a time to family last night. All were received well - everyone agreed they have a summer tomato taste!!

I plan on doing the top of my pergola with vine crops, like cucumbers and zucchini. I plan to imitate what you did and keep the vines in 5 gal dwc.

man, it is so much fun to do DWC outside. I like to grow my tomatoes where they get a lot of morning sun and then shade during the hottest part of the day... 3 or 4 pm until sunset. That will keep them less stressed and the tomatoes produce fruit way into the summer. That also helps to keep the nutrient solution cool. I have found that my tomatoes will start to use up to 2 gallons of water a day when they become monsters so they get a nice dose of cool well water each evening. They also eat nutes like crazy. Even with drinking a couple of gallons water a day, the ppm would still drop and i found myself adding nutrients every 3 days to keep the ppm around 1200 to 1500. The key to outdoor DWC is a badass aerator. I have a 110 liter per minute pump with 12 outlets and each bucket boils with so many bubbles. That can help compensate for the increased water temperature during 95+ days. cucumbers are really fun as well.

I also want to have a decent size soil garden as well. I like to grow enough veggies to put up so I dont have to buy so many canned goods from the store.

Cool, very cool. I am looking forward to starting an outdoor garden this spring. I think that I am going to experiment with corn in DWC :)

I am also planning on using those 100% organics you sent in my outside garden. I plan to run another journal here too!

My first gen of tomatoes were harvested. Some had some BER inside but they were very tasty! I just cut out the black parts and ate the rest.

The mint that I put in to the hydro system is taking off, the next gen of plants is almost filling the entire closet, and THEY HAVE FLOWERS ALREADY!!!

I have 3 or 4 fruit sets on my plant, I have redesigned the system to one tube and kept only one of the 4 plants from the second generation of seedlings. So far no signs of BER and the fruits seem to be maturing nicely. Will post pics later!

The plant has been growing well and producing fruit, I still have this problem with the leaves curling and spotting, dont know why.

There are 6 fruit trusses on the plant, the EC has been right around 2.0 and the pH between 5.8 and 6.3.

P1040041.JPG

P1040042.JPG
P1040043.JPG

This has 3 trusses, one to the left on to the right and one behind.
P1040044.JPG

P1040045.JPG

Can't wait to start some tomatoes outside for the summer!! Maybe I will do some melons and cucumbers in hydro.

Hey bro! I am right behind you with the outdoor hydro. Your tomatoes are picture perfect. I wouldn't worry about the leaves because the fruits are flawless.

Back
Top Bottom