Maintaining pH Control In Soil

StonyJones

Ok I'm running into a bit of a snag. It seams my plants do great for about a month in veg state. But after a few months I show dificiancy problems mainly cal dif. I checked my drainage and I was surprised to see my drain ph was 6.1 but I've been mixing my feed and watering at. 6.5 6.4 My question is can smart pot build up a nutriant salt build up that is contributing to my lock out? And if so how do I maintain my mother plants without causing a lockout dificancy ?

The quickest fix would be to pH Up your water a bit. Get your water up to about 7 and your runoff should be better. You could always do a flush if salt buildup is an issue. 3 gallons water per gallon of soil.

Thank you for the good info peeps. I have noticed that the ppm is affecting my ph lower the ph higher the ppm drainage is high What are safe ppm levels for my soil currently I'm feeding at 650 ppm but my drainage is at 1050 is this to low or to high. ?

Mmm more likely the soil/compost blend has some nutrients already in it.

Not sure how often you are feeding either ?

But both acts combined together will increase salt build up in the soil/compost leading to a higher PPM run off...

How ever PH looks fine along with run off :thumb:

Might want to think about posting a pic of nutrient def tho... calcium seems unlikely at that stage of growth ?

At a hunch a slightly higher PPM levels leads me to think of nutrient burn at a guess.

Back
Top Bottom