Make it stop

terry208

My 5 wk. old auto bubblicious is 3ft 10in tall and growing this is my first grow and the plant should stop growing at about 2 feet max. it lives in a 5 gal. cloth pot wit a 250w cfl grow light the size of a 2LT coke bottle that I keep about 3in above the plant top 24/0 it's fed 0-50-30 fert. weekly,it will soon out grow my space, please make it stop! thank you

Hey Mcloadie, it's a nirvana seed feminized auto with a thick main stalk and over 40 side branches it's covered in flowers and bud nodes it's growing so big because I planted it in a 5 gal. pot instead of a 2-3 gal. pot that would have controlled it's vertical growth (newbie mistake) it's growing in a closet with a built in shelf and bar that can't be removed I have about 7 more inches of space left. outside is not an option.

Hey Mcloadie, it's a nirvana seed feminized auto with a thick main stalk and over 40 side branches it's covered in flowers and bud nodes it's growing so big because I planted it in a 5 gal. pot instead of a 2-3 gal. pot that would have controlled it's vertical growth (newbie mistake) it's growing in a closet with a built in shelf and bar that can't be removed I have about 7 more inches of space left. outside is not an option.

Is there any way you can get ahold of the top of the main and pull the whole thing down slowly....I mean day by day?

Do you mean tie ribbon or string to the top and slowly pull it to the side a little everyday? also you should smell this thing it has the whole apt. smelling like a candy store.

Do you mean tie ribbon or string to the top and slowly pull it to the side a little everyday? also you should smell this thing it has the whole apt. smelling like a candy store.

Yep, preferably some of that green 3/4" vinyl nursery tie stuff. Just pull it a little more each day, hold off when it's horizontal and it will lollipop, the branches and flowers will grow up to the light. This is called lst, or low stress training.

Hey, I read that auto's shouldn't be trained in any way because of their short life cycle not even with L.S.T. and it's low stress technique and should L.S.T. be done at this late stage (5 wk's)

Thank's a lot cnd420 I'm running out to the home depot garden center to grab some 3/4" vinyl tie-down, who would think that great growth would be a problem, I guess you can just call me Charlie Brown!

Back
Top Bottom