Making Vape Pen Cartridges From RSO?

So, I've searched the forum, and also tried a Google search, but can't seem to come up with a definitive answer - How can I make a vapeable liquid for cartridges from RSO? I have some dispensary weed that I really don't plan on smoking once my personal plants are ready to be smoked, and would like to turn it into RSO, then into something that can be put into cartridges. My BIL and niece both prefer cartridges, but are buying them from a dude who may or may not get them from questionable sources. So I'd like to make something for them from scratch that they can be assured that it is a quality substance they're putting into their lungs.

Thanks!

So, I've searched the forum, and also tried a Google search, but can't seem to come up with a definitive answer - How can I make a vapeable liquid for cartridges from RSO? I have some dispensary weed that I really don't plan on smoking once my personal plants are ready to be smoked, and would like to turn it into RSO, then into something that can be put into cartridges. My BIL and niece both prefer cartridges, but are buying them from a dude who may or may not get them from questionable sources. So I'd like to make something for them from scratch that they can be assured that it is a quality substance they're putting into their lungs.

Thanks!

i tried wax liquidizer ....meh ..probs just vg/pg ratio unknown that you nuke for 10 secs to infuse . Works with resin . Wax Liquidizer Canada
Any luck?

So I've done a little research and came up with this as a result: RSO and PEG400 should give me what I'm looking for. 1:3 RSO/PEG400 by volume (resulting in 25% RSO in the liquid). I can flavor these, if desired, with any of my 300+ flavor concentrates that I make my own nicotine based vaping liquid from. Apple Pie, Cinnamon Danish, Strawberry, etc. This should be usable in any RDA, RTA, or tank/cart that has it's own coil(s).

I’ve herd coconut oil works as a medium but really not sure.
Oils are generally NOT vapeable - they combust, as opposed to becoming steam, when heated. But with the smaller percentage of RSO in the PEG400 medium, I'm thinking that this should work. From what I've read, RSO will be completely emulsified and suspended in the PEG400, making it usable in a vape form.

Oils are generally NOT vapeable - they combust, as opposed to becoming steam, when heated. But with the smaller percentage of RSO in the PEG400 medium, I'm thinking that this should work. From what I've read, RSO will be completely emulsified and suspended in the PEG400, making it usable in a vape form.
So I've done a little research and came up with this as a result: RSO and PEG400 should give me what I'm looking for. 1:3 RSO/PEG400 by volume (resulting in 25% RSO in the liquid). I can flavor these, if desired, with any of my 300+ flavor concentrates that I make my own nicotine based vaping liquid from. Apple Pie, Cinnamon Danish, Strawberry, etc. This should be usable in any RDA, RTA, or tank/cart that has it's own coil(s).
I’d like to know how this turned out am about to buy peg400 tomorrow did it work what flavour u added thanks

Did it work I’m just waiting on my peg400 now

I tried to make coconut oil appropriate for cartridges using distillation method. As I heard the advantage of RSO is that it has every cannabinoid and terpene availabe in the plant input. If you try to distill it it would be better mixing terpenes with your distillate. Sometimes I also add tiny bit of sludge byproduct into distilate because it gives a nice flavor and stone. The smell is comparable to smok vape coils flavour which is absolutely amazing and gives fantastic feelings. You should definitely try it someday.

I tried to make coconut oil appropriate for cartridges using distillation method. As I heard the advantage of RSO is that it has every cannabinoid and terpene availabe in the plant input. If you try to distill it it would be better mixing terpenes with your distillate. Sometimes I also add tiny bit of sludge byproduct into distilate because it gives a nice flavor and stone. The smell is comparable to smok vape coils flavour which is absolutely amazing and gives fantastic feelings. You should definitely try it someday.
This is some VERY bad advice. @StanHansen, I'm not trying to "dis" you, but I owned my own vaping business for 3 years, and have been making my own vaping eliquids for about 6 years. Inhaling vaporized coconut (or any) oil is VERY BAD for your lungs. Eliquids are just that - liquids (not oils) that are vaporized into steam and are then subsequently inhaled. Not so different than taking a steam bath.

If you really want to make your own cartridges from RSO, I would suggest mixing your RSO with a little PEG-400 to emulsify the RSO, add your water soluble flavoring(s), then diluting with PG and/or VG to your desired flavor percentage and THC level. Although there is SOME oil in this mix from the RSO, the amount is negligible unless you're consuming large amounts of it over an extended period of time.

Stay safe...

This is some VERY bad advice. @StanHansen, I'm not trying to "dis" you, but I owned my own vaping business for 3 years, and have been making my own vaping eliquids for about 6 years. Inhaling vaporized coconut (or any) oil is VERY BAD for your lungs. Eliquids are just that - liquids (not oils) that are vaporized into steam and are then subsequently inhaled. Not so different than taking a steam bath.

If you really want to make your own cartridges from RSO, I would suggest mixing your RSO with a little PEG-400 to emulsify the RSO, add your water soluble flavoring(s), then diluting with PG and/or VG to your desired flavor percentage and THC level. Although there is SOME oil in this mix from the RSO, the amount is negligible unless you're consuming large amounts of it over an extended period of time.

Stay safe...
Yes thank you for correcting me you are absolutely right. I need to read a little more about all these cartridges to start making them.

Back
Top Bottom