Many weird things happening, need some assistance(first grow)(3rd week of flowering)

dogno

ok so heres the story:
this is my first time grow, i had some pests problems here and there (and an N deficiency) but i fixed them, i guess for a first grow it went fairly smoothly.
then flowering began and i got mold(powdery mildew to be exact), so i started spraying milk, and from there wierd things started happening.
it looks like the mold is spreading like crazy, but after removing a solid piece of the white stuff, i realised it might just be milk residue or something.
P240913_16_03_01_.jpg
P240913_16_03.jpg

P230913_19_27.jpg

also, all the leaves are curling up, is that because of the milk too? and is that bad?
P240913_16_01.jpg
P240913_16_00_02_.jpg
P240913_16_01_01_.jpg

and the buds seem like they are losing smell, is that bad? maybe im just getting used to it, but these last days the smell is much less than before.
please help me!

Re: many weird things happening, need some assistance(first grow)(3rd week of floweri

:welcome:you need to identify the mold/mildew type/name, google "cannabis mildew mold" , then click images at the top, find your signs in a picture then search "treatment ******* mold name" for solutions, post your findings and a member will respond with suggestions. What is your humidity average? Removing or bending shade leaves for better air circulation will help reduce moisture, wash hands, use gloves, the mold spreads instantly when touched, research soap spray treatment too. good luck

Re: many weird things happening, need some assistance(first grow)(3rd week of floweri

:welcome:you need to identify the mold/mildew type/name, google "cannabis mildew mold" , then click images at the top, find your signs in a picture then search "treatment ******* mold name" for solutions, post your findings and a member will respond with suggestions. What is your humidity average? Removing or bending shade leaves for better air circulation will help reduce moisture, wash hands, use gloves, the mold spreads instantly when touched, research soap spray treatment too. good luck
ok i'll do that. i dont know my average humidity and i cant modify it either (outdoor), but its not that bad yet, its still early autumn.
and yea i always take care and try not to spread it around.
what about the curved leaves though? is that part of the mold?

ok did the search and the name is powdery mildew (or do i have to be more specific? sorry im a noob) treatments include milk, changing the pH of the leaf (i guess i can spray some lemon or something?), using sulphur (though not in flowering) and controlling humidity (which i can't do)
i already sprayed milk, i guess i can try changing the ph, but what about the leaves curling? and the buds losing odour? something doesnt seem right. (it may all just be part of the mold, but then again its pretty fucking hard to treat it outdoors...)

Possibly heat stress for the curling leaves, what has the weather been like?

Spray with water and wipe the leaves to find out if it's the milk or mildew...?

If you're going home remedy for this, I like baking soda and water.

pretty sure its not heat stress (these plants survived crazy hot temperatures in august, now its fairly hot for autumn but nothing compared to before, and they didnt curl)
i guess i can spray with water tomorrow.
and i guess i can spray baking soda too, what %?

To control powdery mildew on plants, mix together:

1 tablespoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of liquid soap
1 gallon of water

Do not store unused mixture. While this recipe has been known to be effective, it can burn the leaves of some plants. It is recommended that you water your infected plants well a couple of days before applying this mixture, and don’t apply it in full sun. Try on a small area first, to test the plant’s response before spraying the entire plant.

Home made remedy for powdery mildew

To control powdery mildew on plants, mix together:

1 tablespoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of liquid soap
1 gallon of water

Do not store unused mixture. While this recipe has been known to be effective, it can burn the leaves of some plants. It is recommended that you water your infected plants well a couple of days before applying this mixture, and don’t apply it in full sun. Try on a small area first, to test the plant’s response before spraying the entire plant.

Home made remedy for powdery mildew
ok bro thanks a lot, ill definately try that tomorrow! (a small area first, then water, then full plant)

For the PM, you already know what you have to do. Potassium bicarbonate is better than sodium bicarbonate because the sodium is not good for the plant, but if you cannot find it you'll have to stick with the baking soda. You have a pH tool? Add a water/soap/baking soda Botanical oils are helpful as is soluble silicon. The dark green with necrotic spotting is a classic indicator of a slight P deficiency and the curling may well be from over-watering.

For the PM, you already know what you have to do. Potassium bicarbonate is better than sodium bicarbonate because the sodium is not good for the plant, but if you cannot find it you'll have to stick with the baking soda. You have a pH tool? Add a water/soap/baking soda Botanical oils are helpful as is soluble silicon. The dark green with necrotic spotting is a classic indicator of a slight P deficiency and the curling may well be from over-watering.
ok bro thanks, if i had the possibility to go indoor for the last weeks of flowering, with a dehumifier, would that help too?
(and no i dont have a pH tool for the leaves)

I have a broken sentence in there. The pH tool isn't for leaves, it's for solution. I was going to say spray them with a solution of bicarb/water/soap as suggested by JJ Bones, but to pH it to 8 first. Dehumidification helps, yes, but it also helps spore dispersal, so try to keep humidity low all the time as opposed to low at night, high at day, which will make your problem worse.

I have a broken sentence in there. The pH tool isn't for leaves, it's for solution. I was going to say spray them with a solution of bicarb/water/soap as suggested by JJ Bones, but to pH it to 8 first. Dehumidification helps, yes, but it also helps spore dispersal, so try to keep humidity low all the time as opposed to low at night, high at day, which will make your problem worse.
first of all, how do i "pH it to 8"? (btw i already sprayed yday)
and when exactly did i say low at night and high at day? if im continuing indoor the dehumifier would be on 24/7 right?
and what kind of grow lights would you suggest? the power cost in italy is thru the roof so definately LEDs, what would you think of this?
Lampada LED PhytoLED Phytolite - Botanica Urbana GrowShop Milano - grow box coltivazione indoor e idroponica
its in italian but you should be able to understand most of the stuff, it says its made for growing too(available in 130 200 and 280W)

You would use a pH pen, which you may or may not have. Don't worry about it if you don't have one. All I am saying is watch out for that pattern of humidity. I never said you said that was your plan, or that dogs whistle, or anything else, just: watch out for that. Since plants only respire during lights-on you will have more humidity then. :thumb:

As for lights, I prefer 600 watt HPS (~90,000 lumens), but you have already decided on LED's so I'm not sure what you are asking. LED's work. Some brands are better than others. Chinese-made LED's tend to go out one LED at a time until you aren't sure when to replace it/send it in for warranty. US and European made LED's are going to be better. Those units look plenty bright.

You would use a pH pen, which you may or may not have. Don't worry about it if you don't have one. All I am saying is watch out for that pattern of humidity. I never said you said that was your plan, or that dogs whistle, or anything else, just: watch out for that. Since plants only respire during lights-on you will have more humidity then. :thumb:

As for lights, I prefer 600 watt HPS (~90,000 lumens), but you have already decided on LED's so I'm not sure what you are asking. LED's work. Some brands are better than others. Chinese-made LED's tend to go out one LED at a time until you aren't sure when to replace it/send it in for warranty. US and European made LED's are going to be better. Those units look plenty bright.
so i should have the dehumifier on a higher setting at day, right?
and i'd like to use HPS lights but im gonna end up spending in 2 months almost as much as a led light costs. yep thats italy. (i already spend 350 euros-which is like 500$- every 2 months and i dont use anything exceptional, i have 5-10 watt leds to light up the house)

and yea those grow leds appear to be made in china, damn. i dont have much choice though, ill look around and see if i can find something that isnt made in that damn country

and what else would i need to buy other than the lights? (btw i tried to edit the post but i couldnt?)
im kinda clueless about indoor because i never planned on doing it

Back
Top Bottom