MassGrows Takes On COB LEDs

It'll be night and day my friend! Looking forward to it :3

Hooked up the HPS and will be feeding later today with half strength Grow Big/Tiger Bloom. The HPS is currently at 360 Watts from the Wall. Im sure the Blue Dream and Chemdog are going to love the extra light they're going to be getting! Also turned on the 5 Watt Epistar/Bridgelux diodes on the Optic 4s. Loving the mixed Spectrum in there.

420-magazine-mobile357263309.jpg

Day 24 Update: Girls were fed and are starting to fill in nicely. Blue Dream and Chemdog are definitely a little behind due to the minimal lighting they were receiving but I fixed that issue. Temps reached 79 Degrees with the added HPS which is not bad at all. Lost power last night due to a rainstorm and humidity unfortunately reached 90% for a couple hours last night but the plants should be fine.

420-magazine-mobile537689950.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1851857524.jpg

420-magazine-mobile116712128.jpg

MG do you know what kind the secondary optics are or what they are called on the cobs on the optic 4's? And does your O4's have the 3000K cobs or I seen where you can mix them and have the 3000k and 3700K or I think just either one or something I think I read

MG do you know what kind the secondary optics are or what they are called on the cobs on the optic 4's? And does your O4's have the 3000K cobs or I seen where you can mix them and have the 3000k and 3700K or I think just either one or something I think I read

Yes, they have 90 degree secondary reflectors, not sure what they're called but they are also on the 5w diodes. And these are the CXB3090 I use them for Flower thats why not Veg. They do offer them in mixed spectrum with the 3090 and 3590 Im pretty sure.

Would the CXA2530 work for veg and flower...cause I kinda want a optic that I can use for both without any extra light having to be hung in for extra lighting

Would the CXA2530 work for veg and flower...cause I kinda want a optic that I can use for both without any extra light having to be hung in for extra lighting

Go with the 3090 or 3590, the CXA is older COB version. With the CXB you get a better spectrum and newer versionso I'd deff go with that.

That's just what I seen on ledgrowlightdepot site earlier this morning when I looked at them but I didn't really look or see what options you could go with...and I think I remember looking up the 3590's and they are the tits of a lot of the cobs I think.

That's just what I seen on ledgrowlightdepot site earlier this morning when I looked at them but I didn't really look or see what options you could go with...and I think I remember looking up the 3590's and they are the tits of a lot of the cobs I think.

Good choice slim, how is the Chemdog coming along? Smallest plant I had going into flower and now she is the tallest so get ready for that stretch!

Not too bad, I think her growth spert finally decided to jump into play...I didn't think it was gonna happen...I'll post some pics here in a couple hours when the lights kick on...I'm hoping my voodoo juice hurry's up and arrives

Awesome journal and gorgeous plants Mass. I love fox farms and am looking to upgrade from just hps and add leds. I'm thinking quantum boards maybe but I'm loving your setup and will sit in and take notes!

Whats going on Jgrow, good to have you along for the grow but I just switched from HPS to LEDs and im Loving the growth of these girls so far and can't wait to see the finished product. As far as Fox Farm, im a huge fan of their lineup (Nutrient/Soil/etc) no complaints at all. Scimmed through your journal you have and man you got a lot going on over there in that basement! But everything looks great down there, what strains have you found to be the most potent/highest yielding so far out of the 50?! Im going to be purchasing 6 seeds in a week or so and im curious what you think I should buy, I prefer a higher yielding potent strain if you're familiar with any.

Thanks for the compliments Mass. My favorite strains so far are HSO Chemdawg- strong "chem" gas/fuel/berry smell very high yielder. Ripper seeds Badazz-Tangerine smell/taste awesome punch. Royal Queen Lemon Haze- Strong lemon smell/taste
Delicious Seeds Desconocida kush- Dank!!! And turned purple
420-magazine-mobile902766096.jpg
420-magazine-mobile339508178.jpg

Royal Queen Royal Cookies- DANK!!!!!! Two hitter quitter lol
Just get a pack u won't regret it favorite probably so far.
420-magazine-mobile1348098806.jpg

Humboldt Seeds Organization Chemdawg Dank too. Probably second favorite. Closeeee second heaviest yielded by far tho. Around 6 oz compared to other strains usually around 3-4 oz in a 5 gal pot
420-magazine-mobile1600738718.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1150603948.jpg

Got some Chemdog in their now Jgrow she was the smaller of the 4 plants but she stretched like crazy! Maybe she'll suprise me and get more than I expect who know but its not from Humboldt seeds, the Blue Dream is tho.

Back
Top Bottom