MassGrows Takes On COB LEDs

Not to but in but do you mean the SK? Or something else? Sorry if i missed it.
Yea they sent Mass the wrong one, 100 watts less I think? Either way he got it sorted like a boss .

Not to but in but do you mean the SK? Or something else? Sorry if i missed it.

SK 140 Closet Case Sparks, they sent me the wrong one. Here is the correct light for anyone interested.

420-magazine-mobile638598963.jpg

Clones were LST'd today and I will continue to do so while they're in Veg. I use twisty ties, one to secure the stock at the bottom and then just bend the plant down.

420-magazine-mobile1911238204.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1289968499.jpg

420-magazine-mobile912924258.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1079991412.jpg

420-magazine-mobile73650181.jpg

Thanks for the info MassG. Are you only using this light to veg? Or are you thinking of using it for flower too? If so, what size tent/area, or square footage? Just wondering because ive been wanting to replace all of my Marshydro panels with COB style lights in veg amd flower. Been looking at these, and/or a Timber kit. But ill be watching to see how you do with this light too. So far, so good.

MG the ladies are looking awesome as hell!!!! I have a question for ya tho....you think this deal I made from stuff at work will do ok in lst and keeping her tied down?

Day 32: Couple shots for you guys to see, noticed some curling sugar leaves on the Blue Dream so no more nitrogen for these girls, straight P!

Pineapple Express

420-magazine-mobile1707156137.jpg

Glueberry OG

420-magazine-mobile954848061.jpg

Chemdog

420-magazine-mobile944146981.jpg

Blue Dream

420-magazine-mobile1563115187.jpg

Gorgeous man! Nice to see your cutting the n off . .

Day 34: Girls got a flush last night with a brew I saw online. Consisted of Molasses and Earthworm Castings, nothing crazy just thought they needed it. 8 gallon feed versus their usual 6, PPM was 20 before and came out 1600. Curling leaves on the Blue Dream made me do this just to be sure. They seemed to already bounced back and this Pineapple is impressing me still has 3+ weeks and she is fat as F*CK! Check out the garden.

420-magazine-mobile1834184185.jpg

420-magazine-mobile951883485.jpg

Chemdog

420-magazine-mobile1900620875.jpg

Glueberry OG

420-magazine-mobile1889688930.jpg

Pineapple Express

420-magazine-mobile881071717.jpg

Blue Dream, and yes that is her under the LED at the bottom she's huge

420-magazine-mobile1908965916.jpg

The girls lookin mighty bbaaddaassss if I must say!!!!! .
When using molasses are you suppose to warm it up or something or put it in some decently kinda hot water so you can get it to mix.....cause I've tried it b4 awhile back and idk that it mixed in real well and I don't remember but I think it kinda left the surface of the my dwc reservoir kinda foamy in a way...oh and which do you thinks going to prolly yield better or best the lady under the ups¿ or the ladies under the O4's¿??

When using molasses are you suppose to warm it up or something or put it in some decently kinda hot water so you can get it to mix.....cause I've tried it b4 awhile back and idk that it mixed in real well and I don't remember but I think it kinda left the surface of the my dwc reservoir kinda foamy in a way...oh and which do you thinks going to prolly yield better or best the lady under the ups¿ or the ladies under the O4's¿??

Optic 4s definitely but to be honest idk much about DWC, for me I just mix it until it dissolves.

I used some hot water in a coffee cup to turn it into a liquid then dumped it into my DWC.

I did get a lot of foam in my reservoir. I am not sure if it was just my Nutrients (Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect) or whether it is the same with all nutes, but I had a rough time with my PH after adding the Molasses. I was having to add 6-10 ml of PH Down daily to keep it at my desired PH level. After a week I cleaned my DWC reservoir and chose to not use molasses again.

I'll be interested in seeing your results.

I found this about molasses::
Welcome to the site!

i have two thoughts on this. the first is that even organic black strap molasses does not get broken down in DWC the same way it is in soil. for that reason, it is not advisable. There are specific products out there to add sugars to your plants. Bud Candy is on popular one, but i have never used that.

My second thought is that foam tend to occur in DWC when more biological agents are present. My hunch is that the molasses has caused this, as there are bacteria in the molasses that could cause this. in itself, this isn't anything to worry too much about. But i think taking molasses out of your dwc grow would be better for it in those ways, losing the foam and not adding things that cannot be taken up by the plant immediately.

Happy growing, and remember to take everything you hear here balanced against the common wisdom, basic biology, and your knowledge of your genetics in the plants, as well as the area they live in!

Back
Top Bottom