MassMedMan's Greenhouse

DSC_3412.JPG
DSC_3413.JPG

I'd put them where you want to grow a heavy-feeder next year. This way of growing spuds not only crops-out nicely, but does a good job of soil prep for next year. Soil will be deep, loose and very much alive. Just don't follow w/tomatoes: same Family. Kissing cousins and all that naughtiness.

So would a 18" x 25' row roughly 6" deep work to start with? or should I build some sort of box. I'll try and get the video up

Deep? Who said anything about deep? Save yourself the hassle, Brother. Good protocol:
Mark out bed 4-5' wide as long as you want.
Mow the area on the lowest setting possible leaving the clippings where they fall. Really scalp it.
Go through bed w/broadfork or (2nd best) spading fork. Don't turn the soil, just aerate/loosen every 8-12".
Lightly sprinkle blood and/or bone meal. Don't overdo it. Then sprinkle area to dampen.
Lay about 8" wheat straw. Give it another light sprinkle.
Place the spuds about 1' apart, either in a little nest of dirt, or just as they are.
Cover w/around 10" wheat straw and give it all another good sprinkle.
Come harvest time, instead of breaking your back digging them out, you just rake aside the straw and pull them out.
After harvest rake the straw back into place, cover w/1" compost or manure, and cap w/6" wheat straw. Come Spring, this bed will grow anything.

Driving my son to school today I saw a door on the side of the road... looked like one of those take it things. Stopped, asked, confirmed,packed up, measured, adjusted, installed.... must have been for a pantry or something,, perfect for my greenhouse. Gonna get a nice dead bolt for it. ;)

I think it's time to finally tighten plastic, ventilate, and get to getting....

20150421_135238.jpg

Got some buds planted

Russett
20150421_170338.jpg

Fingering
20150421_170434.jpg

Great find on the door. A man after my own heart. :love:

??The door is primer white. Is that what you mean or you jerking my chain??

I think after work today I'll paint all the wood with a anti fungal bathroom type paint....

We had some high winds with the rain the other day,,, the greenhouse did good. I need to get the sides secured soon...

Got some soil ready today, 15 gallons to go along with the 30 already cooking. I'm using my microbulator to make a nutrient tea and I'll feed this new soil tomorrow.

I'll update with a video tomorrow with the greenhouse itself. Making good progress.

Start packing my tomato pots soon.

20150424_140745.jpg

20150424_140804.jpg

20150424_143559.jpg

Clearing site two this weekend.... Plants from my spring fling should be going out in a few weeks.

Decided I need a secondary grow area inside my greenhouse for many purposes. Whipped this up this morning, I'll compete and do a video update later.... have a great day ;)

20150426_102149.jpg

20150426_104209.jpg

20150426_110322.jpg

Sweet adaptation MassMedMan. It should light them up quite well.

Decided I need a secondary grow area inside my greenhouse for many purposes. Whipped this up this morning, I'll compete and do a video update later.... have a great day ;)

20150426_102149.jpg

20150426_104209.jpg

20150426_110322.jpg

Use that for our co grow.

I'm so frustrated with you tube. I have like 6 videos still processing but not on my channel. Really grinds my gears.

Use that for our co grow.

I'm so frustrated with you tube. I have like 6 videos still processing but not on my channel. Really grinds my gears.

Those are seven gallons in there. I think that'll be used for several things, in combination with my tent. Until things warm up. But yeah, that's gonna be a useful space and I can make another or have the frame already. It'll allow me to 12/12 things to sex while the tent is running 20/4 or whatever. I've got almost 200 watts of true cfl there, should suffice for another month or so....

Back
Top Bottom