MassMedMan's Greenhouse

To quote from one of my personal favorite artists

Some call it the weed
Some call it marijuana
Some of them call it Ganja.

:ganjamon:

Welcome my friends and fellow gardeners!!

This is a perpetual thread for me, hopefully not my last. And I picked off topic, non 420 gardening, but, it will have a mixture of things growing in my new greenhouse I'm prepping as we speak.

Soon, my Spring Fling plants will go in, then my non 420 garden stuff will be started in there. And, at one point my co-journal with Mr. Dutty Panty, and my other summer 420 grows will likely start in there. And in the late summer I might try and get another run at some non 420 plants into the fall/winter.

It's going to be a busy season!

So, with that much involved, covering that much to start,, I figured this was a good place to put this thread. Mods please correct me if I'm wrong, please and thank you!!

Right now I have a rough greenhouse measuring @12x15', thrown together today using materials on hand. It is seven feet tall in the middle and I have seven feet of clear headroom side to side, if that makes sense. I pounded in some five foot steel rebar which I'm using to hold the three 20 foot pvc hoops in place, and some old railroad ties,, 6x6 type. I've got additional pvc for support and a bunch of wood to frame up one end. The other end will mostly be made from 6mil uv resistant poly I think I'm ordering tonight. Along with some black nursery ground cover. I'll also be looking for ventilation, door, few odds and ends.

My goal is to do it right, but spend no more then $200. ;)

I'm new to this so anyone with any advice or tips please feel free to comment.:thanks::Namaste:

Here is where I'm at:

20150405_151541.jpg

20150405_133355.jpg

:420:

Future home of my prize winning pumpkin;
20150405_164048.jpg

Food scraps, worms will be getting this soon;
20150405_164100.jpg

Last year's compost, week be used in fall
20150405_164112.jpg

I've planted,, hundreds of crocus, daffodils, tulips,, crazy bulbs I've got over the years,, here's a peak of some;
20150405_164305.jpg

20150405_164316.jpg

20150405_164329.jpg

20150405_164614.jpg

20150405_165430.jpg

Last one, bunch of new daffodils that are just peeking up against the wood pile. Older ones are already half up....
20150405_164349.jpg

Ordered the 6mil plastic and ground cover today.... giddy up

Not a problem, always welcome in my threads my friend!! Mods made a little title change as to not confuse anyone. Waiting on my plastic, while I go over my construction plans. I'm excited to get this running. I experimented with this last year, but, mmj wasn't my intent. I'll b happy to get off the electric company's teat. And to extend my seasons both 420 related and non!!:thanks:

Great idea!! Free energy? Why the hell not? If I could get away with a greenhouse full of MMJ I would be over the moon! It's crazy how monster those plants can get outside. My country is getting closer and closer to allowing me to grow my own meds but, those conservatives really do us no good... I could go on for awhile on those guys haha. Majored in Political Science when I graduated, it's in my blood...Anways. Where was I? :roorrip::cough:

Oh yea big plants! When I see the plants that Jorge C. grows outside. I'm floored by the sheer size of those plants. And even some of the folks here on 420 mag. I think I was Dank420Girl. I think. And her plants were monsters!!!

It goes to show that we cannot even get close to replicating the suns energy indoors. Crazy huh?

Anyways. Bring on the fun. MJ or not I alway love what you got goin on Holmes!

Planting seeds with my old lady last night about September..... I'll see you soon, DP ;) only issues is me leaving my girls for a few days to chill with you guys,, but,, I can swing that. Be good buddy, thanks for coming by ;)

Outdoor/greenhouse growing is great for the plants and for the gardener, being outside is so calming.

I will be growing tomatoes, okra, chillis, herbs, stevia, sunflowers, fuchsias, peppers, sweetcorn and swedes as well as my cannabis plants.

I'll tag along if you don't mind.

Hi Bapple, thanks for coming by, ur always welcome in here and it's great to have you! I'm not even thinking about my non 420 garden stuff since I'm not even close. But, I'll do the usual I'm sure. Going to go through my seed box tonight and see what I have on hand.

Thanks again for stopping by!!

I'm two months away from starting to put much of what I grow outside. But, here's my, seed bank, and on the counter is last years batch. few were never opened, like the peppers.
20150408_220317.jpg

That will change due to this:
20150408_201801.jpg

I'll be starting my tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, all my crawly stuff under these.

20150408_203836.jpg

And, little birdie told me my greenhouse plastic and ground cover are due Friday. Got a couple of vacation days coming up... watch this thing come alive.

Future home of my prize winning pumpkin;
20150405_164048.jpg

Food scraps, worms will be getting this soon;
20150405_164100.jpg

Last year's compost, week be used in fall
20150405_164112.jpg

I've planted,, hundreds of crocus, daffodils, tulips,, crazy bulbs I've got over the years,, here's a peak of some;
20150405_164305.jpg

20150405_164316.jpg

20150405_164329.jpg

20150405_164614.jpg

20150405_165430.jpg

That pumpkin pit is making me worried. Hopefully house and garden makes up for my lack of preparation

I think last years miracle grow, the piles of horse shit, and the teas I'm giving it this year will make an interesting season. But, like that guy you spoke to said,, you really need to prep the hole two years out. I could leave that spot for next year and go au natural this year..... just to keep it even ;)

I think last years miracle grow, the piles of horse shit, and the teas I'm giving it this year will make an interesting season. But, like that guy you spoke to said,, you really need to prep the hole two years out. I could leave that spot for next year and go au natural this year..... just to keep it even ;)

Sounds like a good plan, the miracle grow is probably still lurking in there....

I think so, and the perlite should still help, too. That was a large hole I backfilled with a lot of good stuff. ;) if I left it alone something will grow from it, but that's going for a good one this year,, I'll start digging or at least find the next spot soon,, then I can get on a rotation and run one hole every other year!!

Wish I had your vegetable gardening knowledge 3m

First big year for me. Had Lil veggie gardens grew a tomato plant over 7' tall once but other than that I running blind here.

Cool if I start posting my garden stuff here I don't want to make a thread.

Actually I got a question for you my radish seedlings are getting large in green house any tips on when to put out its been 50's 60's here in daytime. No frost at night anymore.

I don't do radishes but I think they are a early season crop, and, if your past a frost, then I'd get them out. Just check that they're an early season crop but I'm thinking they are.

Tomorrow I'll get one potato bed ready and possibly planted. I got a lot of prep work on the greenhouse done today. Still a good day of that type of work. Wife is off Tuesday and I'll need her to help my hang the plastic. Once I get that up,, this weekend I might be dropping some seeds, flowers, and garden seeds.

So nice to dig today. Think I'm getting a couple chickens tomorrow. Going to look. I hear chicken shit is good fertilizer.... ;)

You can post anything and everything, DP.

Back
Top Bottom