Mega crop PPM in hydro?

Pondwater

i have a 200l rdwc turning 4500lph over spraybars and 6 plants
ive been stable with advanced nutes and never used ec or ph on them

i swapped to mega crop and i read somwhere ppm in late flower is 1500 to 2000 ppm and i cant find this now,

i followd the calculator as it said gram .00 by gram .00 and my ec was 3.6 and ppm 1800 i was happy with that i add my bennies and kelp tea and ppm is 2000 but i know thats all from a safe source

i come back 3days on and top up 25litres plain water, ph stable 5.9 still.
ec still says 3,6 and ppm 2000?

all the buds have exploded into massive growth from nothing to omg amazing, no burns nothing they gone from top buds to full sticks of buds so they must be happy? or they cudnt do that.

so i google ec and ppm and i see people saying 500ppm 1000 max wtf i cant find my thread i read other day .
i check teh ppm calc on megacrop and for the dose i did it says 638ppm? so why do i get a 2000ppm reading and there alive?

confused much? yeah

Hey there Pondwater.

I haven't run DWC for a while but based on what I remember 2000 does seem a little high. That being said, different conditions can lead to plants needing more or less fertilizer. Would you be able to post the temperature and humidity of your grow room, and what lights you are using? Pictures would be helpful too if you have any.

This is their recommended feeding rate in hydro from their website. - 500 ppm EC conversion scale
yeah thats what made me think what the feks goin on, i followed teh dose guide but the ppm doesn match up

il get me phone on and upload pics,

i am atm 800wats led,
room temps 27 constant humidity 60

200litre water and 4500lph pump 24/7

the plants are trees like fill the 2.4x1.2m space 5 foot high scrogged, and main stem is like my arm

it was pitvipers thred he said

''
I start with 600 PPm for week 1
900 PPm for week 2
1200 PPm for week 3
if you go over 3 weeks veg
1500 PPM week 4
1800 PPM week 5 and hold there
at bloom I flush and go to 1000 PPM week1
1300 ppm week 2
1600 PPM week 3
1900 PPM week 4
flush weekly.....VERY IMPOTANT
and hold there until last 2 weeks and ad your bloom enhancers if your using them"

This was 4 days ago i defoiled since then and added megacrop nutes il get a pic in morning when i return home

20201122_233557.jpg

20201122_233548.jpg

20201129_232454.jpg

I get N toxicity when I use too much of it. And I find that with MC later on in flowering things start looking a bit crappy. But some people claim to get perfect plants with it. And you’re using the two part version- may be better.

I expect at 1500-2000 ppm you’ll hit issues soon. But hopefully you don’t.

Looks like your temperature and humidity are just about perfect. The plants should be feeding normally based on that.

What's the EC of the water you use to mix nutrients? If it's really high then that might explain why your plants aren't burning.
0.8ec 395ppm water base

So am at 2.8ec and 1550ppm
Base at. 0.8 ec and 395ppm
Giving 3.6ec and 2000ppm

@Skybound @farside05 run awsome npks sky i think it was advised me to run the b higher at 2.4/g instead of 1.8g/g to get a nice npk.
"
I swapped my hydrotank
200l a222. 22 b 95.23

Do i need to add more or use a booster? Im week 5 flower

If I were using MC 2 part, I would go 4.2/2.5 for the whole grow. K is a little too rich for my liking, but K is an element that a plant can almost not OD on"

Dont wana flood their thread anymore so hope they chime in also they seem to be gurus in npks haha

So am at 2.8ec and 1550ppm
Base at. 0.8 ec and 395ppm
Giving 3.6ec and 2000ppm
Depending on your water source that 0.8 EC might not be available to plants. There are ions like carbonate which the plants don't really use that will up the EC. Assuming the tap water isn't contributing anything then your actual EC would be around 2.8, which is still kinda high but not that crazy.

Some other people might have more to add, but I'd say just watch the plants and dilute the reservoir if you start to see burning on young leaf tips.

Depending on your water source that 0.8 EC might not be available to plants. There are ions like carbonate which the plants don't really use that will up the EC. Assuming the tap water isn't contributing anything then your actual EC would be around 2.8, which is still kinda high but not that crazy.

Some other people might have more to add, but I'd say just watch the plants and dilute the reservoir if you start to see burning on young leaf tips.
Yeah i have a tank also fot hand watering and the ppm is 995 same dose

Think it could be leftover shit in the roots from change from advsnced? I did flush it prior.
Still had some seidment bits appear ad i filled up cause i use kelp humics benies they stain the roots lol.

I can do a res change tomorow again reset it again see what happens.

I never read the ppm after flush when i filled tank up so that could have been higher depending what the roots helf on to and released?

Or could it be dead roots being eaten by bennies?
All i did was add a tea extra

To me salt buildup seems a little more likely than decomposing roots. If you are close to the time you usually do a res change, go for it, but otherwise I wouldn't really worry about it if the plants aren't showing signs of burn.
Im 4days in i change 10days lol.

There bursting
But advanced is salty and high i never read the ec cause it scsred me could read 7ec at times i asked thrm they said ignore it it was there chelates incorrect reading of things witu more conductivity.

So could still have some residue from them

I get N toxicity when I use too much of it. And I find that with MC later on in flowering things start looking a bit crappy. But some people claim to get perfect plants with it. And you’re using the two part version- may be better.

I expect at 1500-2000 ppm you’ll hit issues soon. But hopefully you don’t.
Wat u mean crappy
While your here weasley. Know a good super soil recipie I can follow? Saw u on a thread about neemcakes forbugs etc and it looked a good mix i cant find it now lol

It wasn’t me you saw, at least I have no experience with neemcake. I have used a product made from neem in the past, for mites. I’m not much of an organic grower but there are quite a few on the forum.

Aside from occasional N overdose, I seem to get calcium deficiencies in flowering using MC. Eventually I started adding calmag and that’s helped a ton. Overall using this nutrient I’m still less happy with the end result then I was with other mixes in the past. But it’s easy and cheap so I can see why it appeals to many.

Also maybe some people are having better results than me. It has been getting the job done and I still hope I can use it as a base and tweak the mix to perfection. I assume that the company is aware of the issues because they’re constantly changing their formula. If it was as good as some people keep saying it is then I’m guessing they’d just stick with the same formula instead of reworking it every five minutes.

Here’s a thread where some people were discussing the stuff. New Mega Crop nothing like old?

There are a couple experienced growers who still swear by the stuff. Situations, grow mediums, strains, environment vary- so I guess there’s no one size fits all for anything.

@Weaselcracker @ZeroTolerance

1 ph ppm before i filled.
Added 10litres then realised they hadent drank any water it was stil at max somehow nornaly its dropped 30litres.

But the ppm has dropped 300? And ph dropped 0.5. Water level same full?

Is that good means they eating? Or what lol

Then final reading ppm goes up due to tap water ppm 300 raised ppm 80

Left ph 5.85 perfect

20201204_185025.jpg

20201204_185427.jpg

20201204_185434.jpg

20201204_185514.jpg

20201204_185521.jpg

20201204_185525.jpg

20201204_185800.jpg

Hey. I’m not growing DWC and I normally just measure the MC and other nutrients by weight especially since my EC meter broke. But your plants definitely look happy.

sorry, i know this is super old thread but I think I know whats up here and cant help myself. If my solution has already been considered please ignore - but thought new grower could end up here with same confusion and potentially leave even more so.

I believe the problem is that the MC website calculator is using ELEMENTAL ppms, and our pens/readers use ELECTRICAL CONDUCTIVITY. They aren't the same and an equation to resolve them is out of my expertise.

Quote Greenleaf: Elemental PPM will be different from your meter PPM/EC/TDS which is measuring Electrical Conductivity. In other words, Elemental PPM on this page will be different values from your meter.

The effective elemental amount of P shown in the calculator is actually Amount Phosphate Listed x 0.43. Your meter however will read it 1:1. For K , it's Amount K x 0.83 (I think) that will appear in the calculator, but your meter will read the K 1:1. Not all of the P or K are available to the plant, this discrepancy exists as a result of labelling requirements per your jurisdiction. Do not expect elemental PPM calculator numbers or quotes to match up with your ppm meter.

If you're really into geeking out on hydro nutrients download the free app Hydrobuddy and I'll be seeing you down the rabbit hole!

EDIT: Corrected to figures supplied by @farside05. Cheers.

The effective elemental amount of P shown in the calculator is actually Amount Phosphate Listed x 0.85. Your meter however will read it 1:1. For K , it's Amount K x 0.43 (I think) that will appear in the calculator, but your meter will read the K 1:1.

It's .83 for Potassium (K) and .43 for Phosphorus (P).

Back
Top Bottom