New Mega Crop nothing like old?

THC Onlyfans

Got the newest mega crop 4 months ago or so. Looks nothing like the old mega crop and also smells completely different. Can someone confirm this or did I get a different product.
Brown is clumped but color is still brown. New mega crop is gray 20200909_191655.jpg20200909_191642.jpg

Is that the third or fourth version of the product, lol? Doesn't that kind of thing annoy the customers?

Is that the third or fourth version of the product, lol? Doesn't that kind of thing annoy the customers?

To try to dial it in I would say yes lol. But if it's new and improved then I'm all for it

3rd major change, yes.

I got a big bag sitting around but haven’t opened it yet. Not sure if I’m going to or not. I might give it one more shot, but we’ll see.

Balls are gone and it smells better
I got a new bag about 2 weeks ago- still gray, with low odor, but the balls are back....:hmmmm:
I'm used to the balls, since I'm still using up my old bag (V.2.5), but I expected to see just gray powder, since that's what quite a few others have received-
One of these days maybe they'll settle on a format, but for now, MegaCrop is like a box of chocolates-
you never know what you're gonna get.
Although- I don't really care what it looks like, as long as it still works as well as the past versions...

3rd major change, yes.

I got a big bag sitting around but haven’t opened it yet. Not sure if I’m going to or not. I might give it one more shot, but we’ll see.
Why did you stop using it? I love it for the simplicity, I would never be able to grow as I do with mixing so many bottles and at each stage of growth.
I got a new bag about 2 weeks ago- still gray, with low odor, but the balls are back....:hmmmm:
I'm used to the balls, since I'm still using up my old bag (V.2.5), but I expected to see just gray powder, since that's what quite a few others have received-
One of these days maybe they'll settle on a format, but for now, MegaCrop is like a box of chocolates-
Although- I don't really care what it looks like, as long as it still works as well as the past versions...
They said it's new and improved..."higher % ingredients and more effective" :laugh:
Guess I'll see how they turn out.

@oldsmokey just had some issues with MC, ProMix, and not pHing, something about the source of their nitrogen.

Also, HutchBenedict just started a new journal and had this tidbit of information in his first post.
For nutes I will be using Megacrop from beginning to end. I am using the ground-up version. As an aside, the sales rep told me that the ground-up version would probably be discontinued as they weren't happy with it.
This explains why the balls are back.

My tap water is about 8.2ph...I ph usually only if I water with megacrop. If I add megacrop it brings it down to 6.xx so works for me. I use promix hp as well...feels forgiving

My tap water is about 8.2ph...I ph usually only if I water with megacrop. If I add megacrop it brings it down to 6.xx so works for me. I use promix hp as well...feels forgiving
Same, my tap is at 8.0ish and I do add some acid before the MegaCrop to get it into the low 6.xx

I have used both versions and I like the new one just fine.
One thing I haven’t seen anyone mention is that Megacrop (either version) is easy, and it’s dirt ass cheap. I know @carcass has done the math, but it’s costing me something ridiculous like $3 for every lb of weed I harvest.
Maybe it’s the lazy stoner in me but I don’t care if they put little tiny cocks in with the balls in the next formula. That stuff works miracles on a budget, and without much effort. It even makes my tomatoes bigger.

Why did you stop using it? I love it for the simplicity, I would never be able to grow as I do with mixing so many bottles and at each stage of growth.

It was causing a lot of mid flower issues. I’d rather use it, no doubt.

Mine did too. It can grow maters n chives n peppers real good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

we did tomatoes, carrots, beans, lettuce, onion, and radishes. my tomato buckets were not so great. gonna have to change up the feed sched - give them less i think. lotsa folk have had trouble with tomatoes this year though.

we ran a couple things early and replanted for a second run. mom said she's never been able to do that before lol :p

Almost makes it seem like MiracleGro ;).

Actually, come to think of it, I've known a couple people who used MG on cannabis. Never liked the nitrate/ammonium/urea nitrogen ratios in the stuff, myself. Or the one size fits most, more or less, usually all nature of it. But I'm older now, and lazier. And probably won't be growing much in the way of magical landrace strains, just the usual generic GorillaKushDieselSkunkPurpleCookiesWidow poly-hybrid crap that everyone else grows. So a one-part might work okay.

Back
Top Bottom