The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10gm per gallon wow that's really strong.

Depends.
It's pretty heavy for a soil grow... depends on your base soil of course. The MegaCrop feeding schedule tops out at 6. I'd think that they're publicly published feeding schedule would tend to lean toward the safe side. The same seems to be true with most lines of nutrients.
Traditionally, one kicks it up a notch until one sees sings that it's too much. Burned tips, curling... these are the major indicators that your Nitrogen is too high.
Now, having said that, I personally am at 10gr/gal and I'm gonna bump it up to 11 and beyond. Of course, I'm in a mostly neutral medium of Peat and Perlite with no significant contributions from the medium, so I have to feed more than those using soil.

Depends.
It's pretty heavy for a soil grow... depends on your base soil of course. The MegaCrop feeding schedule tops out at 6. I'd think that they're publicly published feeding schedule would tend to lean toward the safe side. The same seems to be true with most lines of nutrients.
Traditionally, one kicks it up a notch until one sees sings that it's too much. Burned tips, curling... these are the major indicators that your Nitrogen is too high.
Now, having said that, I personally am at 10gr/gal and I'm gonna bump it up to 11 and beyond. Of course, I'm in a mostly neutral medium of Peat and Perlite with no significant contributions from the medium, so I have to feed more than those using soil.

holy cow ... ! ymmv for sure ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

i'm in straight perlite. can't get more neutral. i pulled back from a top of 7g / gal and am running 6.5g / gal about 4 wks in to flower. it's hempy style so hand watered.

I'm in promix 3rd week of flower running 5.5gm per gallon. With Just the slightest bit of burning on the tips.
That is almost exactly where I am at too. Second week of flower 5.5g/gal MC and I gave it .5g/g of both BE and SC but I think I will cut the BE and SC back to .25g/gal for a bit. I finally got it through my thick noggin that less is better with MC and my plants are nicely green top to bottom now. I was up to 8g/gal in my last few grows and the girls didn't like that too much in the end.

Thanks for the chart farside. I see your additives are very much like @MrSauga's below. Are you using the Protekt and Calmag to compensate because you are using an older version of MC too? If not I wonder why you guys are using Protekt?

5mL Protekt
1mL Calmag 1-0-0
1.5g Sweet Candy v1
6g Megacrop
farside believes there's not enough silica in the Megacrop so he adds the extra to his plants. I use it because it adds the silica and helps boost my K as well. farside doesn't need the extra K but has to add the calmag to balance his NPK ratios since adding the Protekt alters that.

My current 28 day old autos

i just wanna point out that schedule has had positive feedback from rdwc folk. i know farside doesn't run it that way.

i don't use it. i run simple. MC only and no issues. that does not negate the experience of others, though. i just would like to say this is a simple "safe" approach if you are running added stuff with mc.

farside believes there's not enough silica in the Megacrop so he adds the extra to his plants. I use it because it adds the silica and helps boost my K as well. farside doesn't need the extra K but has to add the calmag to balance his NPK ratios since adding the Protekt alters that.

What a tangled web we weave when we mess with MC. o_O I did some reading and silica is suppose to add strength to a plant and mine do fall over late in flower. It is so frustrating being limited to four plants the way it stifles experimentation. It will be 2 generations from now till I can do it but I am thinking of taking 2 clones and run one with straight MC and the other with MC but also conservative amounts of Protekt, Calmag, BE, SC, KE. Appreciate the thorough explanation, Mr. S.

I am now beginning my 3rd week of flower and my plants are I think the healthiest I have had at this stage slowly working my way up to 5.5g/gal of MC with 1g of SC and BE last watering for the first time.

IMG_00421.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

But I had one leaf getting the old deficiency and if you look at the chart it does look like a phosphorous def to me? Have to do more reading about that; I am hoping the BE and SC might help and it is only one leaf so we will see.
IMG_0037.JPG

marijuana-deficiency-chart-2.jpg

I am now beginning my 3rd week of flower and my plants are I think the healthiest I have had at this stage slowly working my way up to 5.5g/gal of MC with 1g of SC and BE last watering for the first time.
Great news Homer! They do look great.
But I had one leaf getting the old deficiency
If it's only one leaf I wouldn't worry about it as it's most likely not a def. If a P def at that stage then you would see several leaves at the bottom display the problem. It's always hard to tell in any pic but it just doesn't look or make sense to be a Phosphorus def imo.

Great news Homer! They do look great.

If it's only one leaf I wouldn't worry about it as it's most likely not a def. If a P def at that stage then you would see several leaves at the bottom display the problem. It's always hard to tell in any pic but it just doesn't look or make sense to be a Phosphorus def imo.
Thanks, Sauga. Overall I am happy with everything so I a just kind of tinkering now to see if I can get less bad leaves through flower.

That was actually just the only bad leaf since I removed others a week or more ago so there have been others. Thanks for the link, I will check it out to try and find it. :thumb:

not sure i'd be worried about one damn leaf homer ... :p

i'm 4 wks in to flower and nothing is picture perfect .. yet. you don't look so bad. takes a few grows to get there. nothing right now will self - immolate, but i do have to keep watch considering over all condition. :)

full

these still look a bit hungry to me, but i run them hard under 600 actual watts of cob in flower. we are playing in the 6.5 g / gal range, and have touched the 7g. we hit issues right there. they green up at 6.5 g, but eat a bit of the bigger fans. at 7g it all goes awful.

10gm per gallon wow that's really strong.
Yes it is. But I almost lost this grow of autos, so I had figured I had nothing to lose. Just checked the girls - they're looking happy now, leaves getting bigger and greening up. Also in bloom stretch. I won't get much off this grow, but I've learned a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom