Mg/Ca/Mn def or something entirely else - Starting to be desperate

SpaceLulu

Hello everyone. Sorry for opening a new topic, but I have no idea where to turn.

Anyway, from the start my plants started experiencing some problems. Brown spots on lower leaves, that made end of leaves die off eventually.
First it manifested on 2 plants, and I transplanded them. I thought it helped, it didn't progress further.
After a week or two, 3rd plant stared showing the same, but worse sypmtoms. I got CalMag and applied it by spraying the plants with it. And I thought it helped. But now, 2 of the same plants are showing the same symptoms.

Basically it start with dark spots like this (this is still an early stage):

And after that dark spots spread, especially at the end of leaves, and the end of the leaf starts to die. Something like this:

I searched...and searched...and searched over the internet. And the closest I came it that its Mg/Ca/Mn deficiency. I applied CalMag by spraying on the plants (5 days ago) and today watered them with CalMag.
But I am just scared that it might be something else. And I am really scared for my plants :(

Mag. deficiency... I add 1-2 teaspoons per gallon of water... Should clear up in a short period... When clear continue adding 1 teaspoon per gallon Cal/Mag during veg NOT during flower... The damaged leaves will not recover but the purple stems, yellowing and brown spots should clear up... Very common don't get too nervous about it...

I see yellowing... not necessarily a magnesium deficiency, that would be a totally different look.

I see over watering by watering too often, and as a result the lower roots have shut down, resulting in what appears to be a nitrogen deficiency. Let your plants dry out, all the way to the bottom before you water the next time. Investigate the lift method and learn to use it. Once the lower roots stop protecting themselves from a flood situation and go back into full operation, your plant will again be able to get the nitrogen it needs and it will green up fast.

When you transplanted, for a short time, you elevated your sick roots out of the water sitting at the bottom. You saw a temporary increase in vigor as a result.... but now, watering too often has caused the same thing to happen again.

Too much love... it is the most common mistake new growers of weeds make. :)

Sorry for my delayed answer. PH is okay I do measure it. It is around 6.5
Anyway, I transplanted my plants and gave them a full feeding. And they are showing signs of recovery. I will wait for soil to dry more this time and hopefully problem will not appear again.
Thank you all for your input.

Too much water & too much nutes. Plant this small should not be given any nutes at all. You cant fix any problems just by adding extra nutrients, that is rarely the case.

Back
Top Bottom