Mini greenhouse?

DUBGIB

Does anyone know of a good setup for a 3ft x 2 1/2ft greenhouse? Like air circulation, shelving, drainage, ect. Mostly want to keep plants out of rain and away from pests. Any other imput or links to things like that would be greatly appreciated.

I already have the frame built, used wood that was gonna get burned. ( will post pictures when i figure out how (( no camera )) pretty much need to figure out what to use for the walls. Also am trying to figure out how to keep it from getting too hot. Rain and pests are my biggest concern. would like it to have some stealth, does mesh or any other fabric alow sufficiant sun to pass through? What is the white material called in some of your pics? Should let you know there will be no electricity in this setup. I Rely on mothernature to suply my light, having a real love hate situation going on with her though. Sorry for rambling on got alot of questions still just trying to stay somewhat on topic and give as much info as posible so you know what im thinking. Last question, does rain affect the plant? I have a real petpieve about this and always keep my plants out of rain. I think it would messup my watering scedule, get partsof the plant wet that cant dry itself, and probaly many other things, right?

My walls are made of 6m construction plastic, cheaap and it does say on the plastic "keep out of direct sun light". Its now three years and not one sign of deterioration. I would credit that to the shade cloth "the white stuff" this allows air water and sun light in. I had to use for privacy, keep the temps down and to protect the crap plastic i used. I just bought a few things for the greenhouse, a baby monitor and 20" box fan to pull some hot air off the ceiling. The ceiling is made of uv corrugated plastic. Hope that helps any more just shoot...

Your rain question, I've done the same in the past, mainly cause my soil mix can go for 5+ days without water. I would only really worry about it if your flowering and need to get the nutes in them, and of course to keep the flowers from rotting. But i should mention that i foliar spray my plants all the time! From seaweed to my home steeped tea. Great way to feed your girls without over watering.

Thx for the info, i used painters plastic for mine. Added 3 vents on the top and two on the bottom. I put it in a slightly shaded area by some trees. Is putting a bucket of water in the greenhouse a good idea?

What's the bucket for? I personally would not cause it will increase the humidity. Chances of pm are even higher, but that's in my area so if your humidity is very low, could be a good idea...:thumb:

Well i put 5 vents on it ( 3 on top, two on bottom ) so heat would escape ( heatis definately not an issue were i live ) i was thinking i could keep the hummidity in there up so i wont have to do as much foiler spray durring veg. Its def not staying for flowering. By the way the main reason for my vents is so when the sun goes down the heat is released, and detection goes low. My theory anyway. Mostly wanted to keep plants out of rain and away from critters and pests!

Back
Top Bottom