MKono's First Indoor Grow

right now, they are still young, so be diligent with your watering for the first little while. Make sure the pots are much, much lighter then when freshly watered. A lot can happen when their this young, but it won’t take long and they will soon graduate from being such a youngster! :yahoo:
Thanks for the pointers. I was wondering if they were a little slow even though they look very healthy so far. I cant wait to update when more leaves develop.

I have a different method of watering. The BLT method.

Plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding technique can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.
100% agree with @backlipslid.. I made the same mistake with my first grow. Thinking that I watered properly till the runoff and it turned out it was just making channels inside the dirt, so the nutrients just went out the bottom.

Thanks for the pointers. I was wondering if they were a little slow even though they look very healthy so far. I cant wait to update when more leaves develop.
Woah, pull back on the reigns!
the leaves, will come! You enjoy this time! They won’t be this cute forever! They all turn into smelly teenagers!;):ganjamon:

100% agree with @backlipslid.. I made the same mistake with my first grow. Thinking that I watered properly till the runoff and it turned out it was just making channels inside the dirt, so the nutrients just went out the bottom.
Since we have somewhat simlar soils, have you notice the soil has shrunk down since watering a few times? I had my cups almost full and now have tones of space. lol

Since we have somewhat simlar soils, have you notice the soil has shrunk down since watering a few times? I had my cups almost full and now have tones of space. lol
They could be the possibility of runoff, or the soil gets slightly compacted because of watering

Day 10

They are still looking pretty great. I have been fighting with humidity issues though, sticking around the low 30s. It seemed like it was boiling down to my exhaust fan sucking out air way to fast and venting outside didnt help. I tried everything.....wet towel, adjust the negative pressure ect. I finally decided to disconnect the vent outside and just have it recirculate the air into my house. Help heating cost and also help raise the humidity in the basement which was also low 30s. After a day of trying that out, my temps was steady at 79-80 and humidity at 39%. At lights off 69F and 40-41%. Might be the best I can get it but il keep fiddling around and see. I might consider having the exhaust fan turn off at light out but not sure how much of a good idea that is.

After @Backlipslide suggested the BLT, I gave the plants a good ol sandwich. This is the start of day 3 and the soil is still fairly wet so not sure how much of a problem that is. You can see the perlite is turning orange which is due to the stupid amount of iron I have in my water. I also, decided to lower my lights to 24" and il see how that fairs.

Yeah bro! Their looking good! Just like @GIjose you both have some rocking seedlings going on right now.

don’t let the humidity drive you bonkers. It is what it is my friend. You can try buckets of water, towel hung in there... or just let them do there thing. They will put off more humidity as the plants get bigger.

it’s not recommended to turn the exhaust off with the light. You want the best air flow you can have at all times. If not you can have mold problems or even mildew problems.

Yeah bro! Their looking good! Just like @GIjose you both have some rocking seedlings going on right now.

don’t let the humidity drive you bonkers. It is what it is my friend. You can try buckets of water, towel hung in there... or just let them do there thing. They will put off more humidity as the plants get bigger.

it’s not recommended to turn the exhaust off with the light. You want the best air flow you can have at all times. If not you can have mold problems or even mildew problems.
Thanks, Well I have been pretty steady over 40% and brought the house up to proper RH, the furnace also doesnt run as much so I guess thats a win win!!

Last night I suspected seeing the tip of a root at the bottom of one of the cups so Im heading out today to buy buy some 2gal pots and my nutrients. Might still be a few days before I transplant though. Want to let the roots develop nicely first.

Thanks, Well I have been pretty steady over 40% and brought the house up to proper RH, the furnace also doesnt run as much so I guess thats a win win!!

Last night I suspected seeing the tip of a root at the bottom of one of the cups so Im heading out today to buy buy some 2gal pots and my nutrients. Might still be a few days before I transplant though. Want to let the roots develop nicely first.
I don't know what kind of root stimulator you might be using or think of using, I would recommend Mykos and Azos for the transplant. It helped create a nice root ball on my previous grow. You sprinkle list directly on the root ball, and the area or you're going to transplant to
20190809_114449.jpg20190809_114451.jpg

I don't know what kind of root stimulator you might be using or think of using, I would recommend Mykos and Azos for the transplant. It helped create a nice root ball on my previous grow.
20190809_114449.jpg20190809_114451.jpg
I dont have any atm, I was actually going to sprinkle some of that frazz into the transplate site. If you look on the back of the bag in the op, it states its great for it.

Back
Top Bottom