Mockingbirds NFT - Sour Alien-The Hog-BlueBerry-Trainwreck-EveKush & JackxOG 2011

mockingbird

Hi and welcome to my first grow. all advice is going to be helpful so please help if you think you can. im growing in a 9 x 2 closet space and designed and built my own NFT system. here is a little on the clones i got:
-Sour Aliens - Original Sour Diesel X Alien Kush, Flowers in 65-75 days. Sativa/Indica: 65%/35%.
-Blueberry Trainwreck - blueberry x trainwreck, 65% Sativa, 35% Indica
-The Hog - Hindu Kush X Afghani, 54 and 61 days, Indica dominant
-Eve Kush: Eve x Kush, Indica dominant
-the jack seeds are from a buddy and im not sure exactly what he might have done with them for if they are even really jack x OG he is the type that would give me some 6 foot indica for indoors as a joke. just begining veg stage but the seeds are still super far behind. might buy to more clones and do something else with the seeds.
-im using micro grow, bloom and flora micro from general hydro.
-using a 600w sunsytem reflector and ballast with 600w HPS
-my ph is steady at 6.5 right now.
-i have a 50 gallon resiviore that im filling to 40 and have two 12in air stones in. is that enough?
i'll post pictures soon but it's tired. im late and i built this whole thing today. turned 18 and moved out 2 days ago... new city new people... these are MY JOY :thumb:

Re: mockingbirds NFT Sour Alien, The Hog, BlueBerry Trainwreck, EveKush and JackxOG 2

Welcome mockingbird! Looks like you have some great genetics, especially that Sour Alien. Jack is one of our favorite strains to grow because of the yield and potency.

12 air stones seem good enough for a 50 gal res. We use 3 air stones in a 25 gallon res, and it works perfect.

Can't wait to see pictures!
:Namaste:

Re: mockingbirds NFT Sour Alien, The Hog, BlueBerry Trainwreck, EveKush and JackxOG 2

thanks for the reply. i only have two but they are 12 inches long. and yah im hoping to clone the alien if i like the pheno. i love jack too it's got such a unique smell. im pretty excited about the hog to because i love indica.
-should i run my vent system when my lights are off? i don't think so but i wasn't sure if i should get a splitter for the timer and run the fan and ballast off one socket or get two timers. any ideas?

here are the first pictures. officialy started 11/14/11! yay :cheer:
111112-223508.jpg

111116-101402.jpg

This is Eve Kush
111116-101343.jpg

This is The Hogg? now im confused because there are 2 g's on the name tag...
111116-101328.jpg

Sour Alien: she looks a little wilted. i don't know why i've been top watering alot so i don't think it's under watering. also i have panda plastic set up at the base of the stem to reflect the Hps and hopefuly help minimize evaporation. good idea? bad idea? am i not giving the stem enough air?
111116-101336.jpg

Blueberry Trainwreck
111116-101317.jpg

LtoR: Blueberry trainwreck, The Hogg
111116-101302.jpg

LtoR: Blueberry Trainwreck, The Hogg, Sour Alien, Eve Kush (can only se a leaf)
111116-095751.jpg

LtoR: Sour Alien, Eve Kush
111116-101246.jpg

another idea could i get Amazon - Lights Of America #9166B 65W Fluorescent Replacement Bulb and 4 Head Studio Light Socket Splitter Adapter for E27 Bulb for a total light out put of 260w? thinking about adding two of these to the space to up it from 33.33w per ft/sq to 62.22w per ft/sq?

I would also research the price of some HO T5s. These things put out alot of light.

just did but most of what im seeing is like 54w for $40 bucks... gets a little bit better priced the more you get together but i really only need about 400 watts. for 100 bucks i could get about 108w from HO T5s but about 455w from the regular florecents. is there a reason why the HO T5 would be better?

That sounds pretty good when you weigh it out like that. I have good luck with cfls for veg, just wasn't quite sure how much the t5 were in comparison.

thanks for the input i really apreciate it. also the T5s might run cooler but im not sure yet. how close you could put the light is a big thing and im not sure how hot the 4 65w bulbs would run. do you have a journal i could check out? i'd love to see your T5 set up

I dont have a journal yet or do I run T5s. I am looking into them as additional lighting in my bloom side on the lower buds. This site has alot of journals that have helped me out emencly (spelling? high who cares). I would just take some time and go through some of them and compare what lighting has worked for them and if it is similar to your grow area and conditions. It saves alot of time, money, and headache to learn what works and works the best.

yah thats basicly what im trying to do.
On Another Note: an old school grower i know (dads friend)(i live in berkeley and my grandpa grew and my dad grew and both believe that i should have to learn it all my self) told me about an interesting way to weed out your males with out having to wait for flowering. he said if about 2-5 weeks into veg (healthy enough to survive a little stress) you turn the lights off for 2-3 days depending on the strain and it sends into panic mode causing a quick production of sexual hormones. basicly, you get your hairs or sacs early and you can then remove all the males. switch back to a 18-6 cycle reverts them back to veg with no negitive signs. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS. anyone heard of it working? any ideas on it? he also said that if you collect a males pollen in a bag and then in dividualy pollinate each branch on a female you could produce mulitple diffrent strain crosses of one plant. i.e. a AK female has one branched polinated with Jack Frost, one with Cheese, one with Urkle and so on. each branch would then give it's own cross seeds. he also said this was safe to do in a room with other females because none of the pollen should escape from the bags. just ideas :thanks:

Great idea on pollinating i dont see why it wouldnt work. Subbed for this one

The Hogg
hog.331897

Space Queen
space-queen.331896

Sour Alien
sour-alien.331899
sour-alien.331900
sour-alien.331901

Snow Cap
snow-cap.331902
snow-cap.331903

Blueberry Trainwreck
blueberry-trainwreck.331904
blueberry-trainwreck.331905

so the alien is still going yellow and the ppm was at 540ish with the ph at 6.1~2. i drained the resivior and refilled it with half strength general grow mixture. is that enough?

yellowing has slowed not sure if a full stop has been reached yet. i cut of the nute starved leaves (they don't grow back anyways right?) so that i can tell if anymore start to yellow. the Sour Alien reached the tray with 2 roots this morning. the rest are a little behind i guess. funny because the vegatative growth of the alien isn't even the best. the space queen has taken off and is taller than any of the others. i fim'd her 2 days ago and i think i have 3 solid tops coming off her. 2 of the jack seeds are well sprouted in grow bricks but i don't have any place to put them. debating using an old deep water design i build but never used. maybe stick the other one in soil and keep them in the 4 square feet i have left in the corner. im hoping to get a camera soon i know the pictures are crappy

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom