Molasses for stickier buds?

Just a note
I added one bottle per 5 gal of water for 2 outdoors plants, for the last month and did this twice a week and they came out fat, sticky and sweet.

I've heard of 24-36 hours of darkness before a harvest but 2 wks ! c'mon sounds like a miss typed word or something ! I've also heard that stressing your plant the last few days like scratching up the main stems a bit, cold temps (ice water) maybe play a little ABBA ! If you really want to stress them play some Yoko Ono for them :yikes:

Using any bud booster is fine with just water, or mixed in with a nute sched.

I use molasses all the way through, starting around the 4-5 week of flower right to the end.. excepting the final flushing ,of course... just pure H2O for that.. sweetness....

I've heard of 24-36 hours of darkness before a harvest but 2 wks ! c'mon sounds like a miss typed word or something ! I've also heard that stressing your plant the last few days like scratching up the main stems a bit, cold temps (ice water) maybe play a little ABBA ! If you really want to stress them play some Yoko Ono for them :yikes:

:rofl::rofl:LMFAO

HH:blunt:

FYI if you are intersted what you are doing is feeding the natural beneficial bacteria and fungi in the root zone. They will keep your root system free of BAD fungi and bacteria and the molasses has all natural calcium iron and magnesium.

This!

You want aerobic bacteria, they weed out the anaerobic, they help your plants keep a nice, healthy root zone. Aerobic bacteria love molasses, anaerobic like simple sugars. My grandmother taught me everything I know about producing food from the earth, and she used molasses all of the time to keep plants healthy.

She may not have understood the science behind it, but many of the old tricks of the trade are invaluable.

I started feeding my hydro grow with molasses the minute I went to flower, I would have done so earlier, but I was having to use h2o2 until my chiller arrived to keep *ALL* bacteria dead in the res. My next grow will have molasses in it the second the roots hit the water, since res temps are no longer an issue.

+reps mr cloner!

That is true MOLASSES thruout the entire veg/flower stages will help with assuring a sweet bud worthy of your time and effort I PROMISE!!!!...... Here is a process I have found to really help increase overall weight and overall quality of your bud.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
LAst week before harvest I flush with FINAL PHASE or CLEAREX for several days then switch to water and molasses only at the rate of 1/2 oz per gallon. Three days BEFORE harvest I turnout the lights and keep the girls in the dark for several days, while feeding them water and molasses only.... they love it and you will love the taste... Had an old Master Gardner tell me by doing this you actually fool the plant into thinking that the dead of winter is here and it goes into over drive on pulling up nutrients to convert to THC to fill the pistils...... since the days of late winter are much shorter than the earlier days the hemp plant reacts to light stimulation as this is what triggers the flowering stage as you welll know. Just a little trick I have found to really help flush and sweeten your buds
:cool:MrCloner420:blunt:
Good luck and Good Growin

That is true MOLASSES thruout the entire veg/flower stages will help with assuring a sweet bud worthy of your time and effort I PROMISE!!!!...... Here is a process I have found to really help increase overall weight and overall quality of your bud.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
LAst week before harvest I flush with FINAL PHASE or CLEAREX for several days then switch to water and molasses only at the rate of 1/2 oz per gallon. Three days BEFORE harvest I turnout the lights and keep the girls in the dark for several days, while feeding them water and molasses only.... they love it and you will love the taste... Had an old Master Gardner tell me by doing this you actually fool the plant into thinking that the dead of winter is here and it goes into over drive on pulling up nutrients to convert to THC to fill the pistils...... since the days of late winter are much shorter than the earlier days the hemp plant reacts to light stimulation as this is what triggers the flowering stage as you welll know. Just a little trick I have found to really help flush and sweeten your buds
:cool:MrCloner420:blunt:
Good luck and Good Growin

Wow, thats just, crazy... tricking the plant into going ultra-thc mode haha, awesome. Well I am on my first grow and will probably use molasses on 1/2 my plants so I can decide for myself if this process is worth it. Thanks 4 the info.

I kinda used Mrcloner420's method I used final flush for 5 days of the week and es honey (humbolt)and Big Bloom (fox Farm) for the other two for two weeks. Than es honey 15 ml and flush until tricombs are ready. this was a outdoor grow Island Sweet Skunk sticky stinky green and purple buds. trying the same method on Trainwreck she turning purple and losing her pretty pink purple and yellow fan leaves one week or two to go. It's getting cold in Colorado time to move things inside. Hit u back up after the cure.

Just ran out & got this. Grandma knows best :)
2wnn6og.jpg

I've just watered my ladies with their normal 1/2 noots plus 3 tabs of Mollasses, 20 litres (just over 5 US gals), into 6 x 4 gal pots.

Checked the EC and it was 1.00. Low, I know, but I'm trying not to overfeed them - they are Sativa dominants, Barneys Honey B, and Arjans Strawberry Haze. The Honey B has the most yellow leaves...

And then noticed that it contains sulphur dioxide.

Now - sulphur dioxide causes yellowing of the leaves - do I have a problem here? The lower and middle leaves were already yellowing, and the idea was to reverse this process, or at least suspend it.

My initial reaction is to flush tomorrow with Epsom Salts, to adjust the magnesium balance.

Does anyone think this is un-necessary? Or should I go ahead and flush with Epsom salts and sulphur free molasses?
\
Thanks!

I've just watered my ladies with their normal 1/2 noots plus 3 tabs of Mollasses, 20 litres (just over 5 US gals), into 6 x 4 gal pots.

Checked the EC and it was 1.00. Low, I know, but I'm trying not to overfeed them - they are Sativa dominants, Barneys Honey B, and Arjans Strawberry Haze. The Honey B has the most yellow leaves...

And then noticed that it contains sulphur dioxide.

Now - sulphur dioxide causes yellowing of the leaves - do I have a problem here? The lower and middle leaves were already yellowing, and the idea was to reverse this process, or at least suspend it.

My initial reaction is to flush tomorrow with Epsom Salts, to adjust the magnesium balance.

Does anyone think this is un-necessary? Or should I go ahead and flush with Epsom salts and sulphur free molasses?
\
Thanks!

So, this is exactly why I don't use molasses.

For whatever reason, molasses just has troubles with the way it behaves in a grow. Probably because it's not designed to help you grow weed. I mean, why would you use something that causes you to take two other steps to sort of undo the side effects?

That's like taking a medication to stop the pain, but then it makes your stomach hurt. Then you have to take another medication....

Instead, I would suggest using something like Bud Candy. It contains the sugars your plants need, but in a better form. The plants can use it more easily and you'll have less troubles with your grow.

The side effects, if any, are accidental. I assumed the molasses would be free of sulphur dioxide, and checked the label before I used it. Only to find stencilled across the screwcap "contains sulphur", or similar...after I'd watered.

Your comments don't address the question in any shape or form, and I suggest I wouldn't have ANY problem if I'd paid more attention to the type of Molasses I used.

Back
Top Bottom