Mold on plants

Copperhead46

I have a 4x4x6 grow tent, in the basement and am starting to see some mold spots on some leafs. They are in various stages of flower, and I want to know if I can put them outside, in the sun to kill the mold. Or, will the extra light mess up the flower growth.
They are 40 to 60 days in flower.

Moving them outside will probably send them into reveg. I’m not sure about the length of day at the moment but i think it’s over 12 hours and it’s gonna keep getting longer for a while.
Best i can tell you is; defoliate, increase the air exchange and movement in the tent.
40-60 days is way into flowering, they should be ready relatively soon and it’s a very critical time for sure. Hope everything works out for you. Mold sucks.
Also pics would help

I would not move them outside at this point. The mold spores are already there, under leaves and everything. The sun wouldn't get them all before it shocks the shit out of your plant. I have a garlic based treatment that works ok on flowering plants, without harming them. Defoliate the leaves that show the most sign. Spot treat anywhere else that pops up. Make sure to check at the base of those leaves, you don't want mold starting deep in there where the flowers are- it's damn near impossible to eradicate once it takes over. Hopefully your plants can finish without a major ordeal. Once they are done, SANITIZE your grow area like you are eradicating a deadly virus or the mold will return, and in greater numbers.

Yes, a photo or two of the plant. Close enough that people can see the mold on the leaves. Move as close as possible and take one picture of the entire plant. Take the photos in natural or white light. Turn off any grow lights that produce purple, blue, red or yellow lights on the photo. Use just the room lights and let the camera flash.

It is very possible that with the photos some of the group can tell what kind of mold it is. They can then come up with a possible cure to get rid of it. Some cures are so basic and easy to do.

Most likely the mold started weeks ago so you might have to give some thought to treating the entire plant and not just spot spray. If you are lucky you will be able to spot-spray like @13goody13 mentions. People will have to see the photos to give suggestions on that.

Want to keep the mold off of the flowers/buds.

Just my thoughts.

Yes, a photo or two of the plant. Close enough that people can see the mold on the leaves. Move as close as possible and take one picture of the entire plant. Take the photos in natural or white light. Turn off any grow lights that produce purple, blue, red or yellow lights on the photo. Use just the room lights and let the camera flash.

It is very possible that with the photos some of the group can tell what kind of mold it is. They can then come up with a possible cure to get rid of it. Some cures are so basic and easy to do.

Most likely the mold started weeks ago so you might have to give some thought to treating the entire plant and not just spot spray. If you are lucky you will be able to spot-spray like @13goody13 mentions. People will have to see the photos to give suggestions on that.

Want to keep the mold off of the flowers/buds.

Just my thoughts.
Yes hopefully it's not beyond the point of spot treatment, or it could spell some trouble.

Yes hopefully it's not beyond the point of spot treatment, or it could spell some trouble.
One of the most common ones that pops to mind is Powdery Mildew. I have seen many threads where that was treated with a solution using milk. But,since we do not know how long the plant has been in flower the cure could be worse than the mold problem. The plant being 40 to 60 days into flower, that is a 3 week gap, and with no photos we are only taking stabs at what the problem is and the best way to help.

I would not move them outside at this point. The mold spores are already there, under leaves and everything. The sun wouldn't get them all before it shocks the shit out of your plant. I have a garlic based treatment that works ok on flowering plants, without harming them. Defoliate the leaves that show the most sign. Spot treat anywhere else that pops up. Make sure to check at the base of those leaves, you don't want mold starting deep in there where the flowers are- it's damn near impossible to eradicate once it takes over. Hopefully your plants can finish without a major ordeal. Once they are done, SANITIZE your grow area like you are eradicating a deadly virus or the mold will return, and in greater numbers.
Would you share the garlic recipe?

It’s not a secret recipe or anything, just something natural that works well for powdery mildew etc
D0B85379-005E-4787-B080-BEEE12BCCFA8.jpeg

Attachments

• 20200518_093932.jpg
    20200518_093932.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200518_094844.jpg
    20200518_094844.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200518_094729.jpg
    20200518_094729.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200518_094432.jpg
    20200518_094432.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200518_094321.jpg
    20200518_094321.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 59
I have a 4x4x6 grow tent, in the basement and am starting to see some mold spots on some leafs. They are in various stages of flower, and I want to know if I can put them outside, in the sun to kill the mold. Or, will the extra light mess up the flower growth.
They are 40 to 60 days in flower.
Looks like Powdery Mildew to me.

Do a google search, or use your favorite search engine, using just key words like:
Powdery Mildew

That should give you a lot of links to general gardening articles on the mold problem and will include info on the many plants that it attacks. Also provides general info on how to prevent it and how it is treated by gardeners and farmers. Then do the search and this time use:
Powdery Mildew Marijuana

The first search gives basic background info and helps to make it easier to understand the problems and treatment options when it shows up on Marijuana plants.

Thank you, I have cleaned and bleached the tent, drastically trimmed the plants, and bought stuff to kill mold and bugs. Hopefully, this will stop the spread.
I’ve used diluted milk and had pretty good results — something like 1 part milk to 8 parts water. I just sprayed it on the plant and it greatly reduced the powdery mildew. However, this was well before harvest. My instinct/gut reaction is that it wouldn’t hurt your flower and would probably wear off by the time you’re ready to harvest, but maybe someone will correct me on this.

Back
Top Bottom