Monsignor's Laboratory Of Cannabis Madness

Did you ever try air-layering cannabis? Tried it once but failed. May try again if my clones don't survive. I put some info about the concept in my blog

Here is a little excerpt from one of my earlier posts describing how I clone... So far I have always been 100% successful.

I have only done six and they all took. I make sure it has at least 3 nodes and then I cut it at a 45. On the backside of the cut I scrape a sliver off about 1/2 inch long. I immediately put it in a cup of water. Then I dip "rapid rooter" cubes in my rooting solution which is just a drop of "superthrive" per cup of distilled water ph'd at 7.8. I put the clone into the cube and the cube into a cube tray and the cube tray into a slotted flat. I fill the flat with 1/4 inch of water and put them under florescent. No humidity dome or anything. I spray them with a foliar spray once a day if I remember. The spray is the lowest dose of main nutes and half dose of calmag and a drop per cup of superthrive. PH'd at 6.4.

3 of them got dipped in "CloneX" and 3 didn't. All 6 rooted gloriously.

First of all... Here are my three for the carts and next grow.

420-magazine-mobile1378502634.jpg

And here is the double ender lol

420-magazine-mobile301571467.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1533295567.jpg

But the REALLY important part of this update is right here... We officially have roots and therefore a double ender!!!!

420-magazine-mobile762747113.jpg

I had a feeling this technique would work on cannabis. Great job!

Nice. Subbed
Working on another graft experiment right now. I grafted one last year but then accidentally destroyed it later on...
I plan to try grafting a multi-strain mother plant when I'm done with the current grow. Would be cool to have 6-8 strains in one.

Any idea if the strains remain 100% the same after being grafted onto another plant? In theory it should not change properties

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I plan to try grafting a multi-strain mother plant when I'm done with the current grow. Would be cool to have 6-8 strains in one.

Any idea if the strains remain 100% the same after being grafted onto another plant? In theory it should not change properties q

It will remain the same genetically but it will use the hosts vascular system and after healing it will communicate with the rest of the plant as if it were grown off of it naturally. You can even graft cannabis to a hops vine I've read.

He definitely deserves more rep I'll help with that as well when I get to a real computer

Just noticed how small your reps bar was Mons. Here let me fix that..
He definitely deserves more rep I'll help with that as well when I get to a real computer

Well thank you guys very much!!! I greatly appreciate your participation and involvement an your contributions to this community.

I have some very cool moves to post here in the next couple of days. The plant is officially rooted under two bases and she is booming. I had to super crop the stem because it was too stiff to bend in a perfect upside down 'U' so now it's and upside down V lol. I was afraid that if I didn't squish the middle it would pull up or snap.

Pics to come shortly!!!

Worried about being over your limit if you take cuttings? Don't be!!! Just air layer the tip of a few nice branches on the mother. Let them sit there and grow roots until you're ready to plant!!! If they start to look dry just inject some water into the rapid rooter through the cellophane with a hyperdermic needle! No need to supply nutrients into the injection or to foliar spray because the mother is providing the nutrients while your branch roots!

420-magazine-mobile798384291.jpg
420-magazine-mobile663375816.jpg

That is cool. I never really tried it before because it seemed like I had to grow the veg plant pretty big in order to have a long enough branch to bend down into the soil. I did try halfheartedly once. But I mistakenly had the idea in my head that I needed to have a branch bend all the way down into the soil and then back out again into the air a few inches, if you know what I mean. That took a surprisingly long branch and at that point I didn't feel like vegging the plant another two weeks because I was running out of space.
Can you remind me how long this one took to form roots?

Air layering is really cool. I want to retry it in late bloom. In order to make a bush of a mother plant. Can't remember why I failed last attempt.

Back
Top Bottom