Monsignor's Laboratory Of Cannabis Madness

I remember that after the air layered branch wilted and died, I re-vegged the entire grow.

The way I did that was to chop down the crop. But I left just a few branches on every plant with some tiny buds. I set the light back to 18/6 and started feeding veg nutrients on 1/4 strength.

After a couple of weeks all the plants were back in vegg and grew into monster bushes. The plants looked completely insane. They yielded just as much as the first time and quality was the same. It saved me quite some time. You can probably re-vegg the grow indefinitely

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I remember that after the air layered branch wilted and died, I re-vegged the entire grow.

The way I did that was to chop down the crop. But I left just a few branches on every plant with some tiny buds. I set the light back to 18/6 and started feeding veg nutrients on 1/4 strength.

After a couple of weeks all the plants were back in vegg and grew into monster bushes. The plants looked completely insane. They yielded just as much as the first time and quality was the same. It saved me quite some time. You can probably re-vegg the grow indefinitely

So you flowered out, harvested then revegged the plants. That's a interesting concept

That is cool. I never really tried it before because it seemed like I had to grow the veg plant pretty big in order to have a long enough branch to bend down into the soil. I did try halfheartedly once. But I mistakenly had the idea in my head that I needed to have a branch bend all the way down into the soil and then back out again into the air a few inches, if you know what I mean. That took a surprisingly long branch and at that point I didn't feel like vegging the plant another two weeks because I was running out of space.
Can you remind me how long this one took to form roots?
It took 7 days to show first roots and on the 9th day it had two long ones sticking out the side. The rapid rooter cube was drying so I planted. It hadn't occurred to me yet that I could just inject it with water and wait to get a nice root ball. Either way, I buried on day 9 and it took no problem.

I've been keeping the mother under T8 florescent with very little fan so she's stretchy and slightly flimsy. It takes 6+ nodes to work the best from what I can tell. That leaves 3 below to make new branches.

If it's under good lighting and the nodes are packed it will take a lot longer to get one to the right length I think. One thing I noticed about LST though, when I was forcing a branch to stay sideways it seemed to grow out faster than the ones were growing up that I wasn't messing with.

Maybe do it on a lower branch and LST it for a while before air layering? You'd probably have some good vertical branches started by the time you cut it and might even be a faster veg that way.

This is fun stuff to be sure.

Air layering is really cool. I want to retry it in late bloom. In order to make a bush of a mother plant. Can't remember why I failed last attempt.

Hell yeah man, I read your other post about your reveg. Monster cropping and revegging are awesome. I haven't tried either yet.

From what I've read on monster cropping, most people take the cuttings at day 29-31 of flower and then root them.

I say if you want to try that with the air layering you should get your air layer going 7 days before flip and keep the cube injected with water (just enough to keep it moist) untill day 29. Cut and plant.

Deville you have any good llinks about air layering. New to me. Sounds interesting.
Monsignor that is looking great. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Wish i was home more to spend more time with my girls.

a friend in need is a friend in deed!!! a friend with weed is better!!

Deville you have any good llinks about air layering. New to me. Sounds interesting.
Monsignor that is looking great. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Wish i was home more to spend more time with my girls.

Propagating Plants by Air Layering

Air layering the new method - YouTube

I have been doing the tips because my intention was to have multiple trunks. If I were to do this to take an actual cutting I would likely cut my rapid rooter in half on one side and wrap it around the base of a branch, closer to the trunk. Not so close that I couldn't wrap cellophane around both ends though. That way I could remove flush to the trunk and my new plant with have kept growing in length. However I would likely keep that branch horizontally LST'd so my new plant would have lots of tops started.

I wrote a blog about air layering on 420 with pictures of the concept

That explains why my attempt failed. I started like a week or so before harvest. I think I may be too late this time as well. Already a week since I flipped.

Hell yeah man, I read your other post about your reveg. Monster cropping and revegging are awesome. I haven't tried either yet.

From what I've read on monster cropping, most people take the cuttings at day 29-31 of flower and then root them.

I say if you want to try that with the air layering you should get your air layer going 7 days before flip and keep the cube injected with water (just enough to keep it moist) untill day 29. Cut and plant.

Experimental grows pushing 'what we though we knew' to new limits! Brilliant idea! I wonder how this would play out with autoflowers. In my last batch I had one plant that was being close to a 2800k CFL and was about 3 nodes taller than the rest at day 20ish, my guess is the increase of red light she had that made her push for the skies. In the end I decided to top her (my first time growing so all of this is new hehe) and got fantastic results. This technique could lower the height of the plants substantial and keep an even canopy.

The tall one:

420-magazine-mobile2083149364.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2027387608.jpg

Day 67:
420-magazine-mobile400168852.jpg

:)

Namaste!

That explains why my attempt failed. I started like a week or so before harvest. I think I may be too late this time as well. Already a week since I flipped.
Yeah that does make sense. A week before harvest your plant is literally eating itself. It won't be able to put energy into root development.

I think you'd be fine if you started today.

I wish Monsignor. Thing is I am having a fever and can barely walk. Was outside earlier today to do some work in the grow-room, but just had to give up. It seems my clones will survive this time so I don't really need to air-layer. But I would love to just to see if it can be done in bloom. And because you get those amazing bushes. If I feel better tomorrow I'll give it a shot

I wish Monsignor. Thing is I am having a fever and can barely walk. Was outside earlier today to do some work in the grow-room, but just had to give up. It seems my clones will survive this time so I don't really need to air-layer. But I would love to just to see if it can be done in bloom. And because you get those amazing bushes. If I feel better tomorrow I'll give it a shot
Get on the oil. Even better make it yourself. With those beautiful buds you got there. Plus prevention is better than cure.!!!

Experimental grows pushing 'what we though we knew' to new limits! Brilliant idea! I wonder how this would play out with autoflowers. In my last batch I had one plant that was being close to a 2800k CFL and was about 3 nodes taller than the rest at day 20ish, my guess is the increase of red light she had that made her push for the skies. In the end I decided to top her (my first time growing so all of this is new hehe) and got fantastic results. This technique could lower the height of the plants substantial and keep an even canopy.

The tall one:

420-magazine-mobile2083149364.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2027387608.jpg

Day 67:
420-magazine-mobile400168852.jpg

Namaste!
What size pots you using there??
Looks small but super healthy!!!

What size pots you using there??
Looks small but super healthy!!!

Hey bro! Thank you for those words, this is my second batch ever so really stoked about how it's turned out so far. And thanks to amazing peeps here on the forums whom are great at giving thoughts and ideas to tinker with!

I use 3.5L pots and feed 1200ml twice per week with approx 30% run-off which seems to work so far. Height has been an issue since I use SMD Led and penetration is an known issue with those. Next batch i want to put 4 plants in 10L pots and use more LST and topping to keep that SOG that works best with my light.

The tall one:

Fing,

Welcome to the Laboratory.

I'm thinking they would root just fine if they're not too far into flower but the new roots won't change the age of the branch so it will continue its cycle until death. You cannot reveg an auto because it's very genetics tell it to bloom and die, similar to how a salmon dies after spawning out at the end of its run.

Fing,

Welcome to the Laboratory.

I'm thinking they would root just fine if they're not too far into flower but the new roots won't change the age of the branch so it will continue its cycle until death. You cannot reveg an auto because it's very genetics tell it to bloom and die, similar to how a salmon dies after spawning out at the end of its run.
Wouldnt more roots mean better and more nutrients distribution though. It would be cool to try out at least hehe. I'll stick around for this one and let's see what happens hehe

Back
Top Bottom