More Accidental Cross Breeding

Harry Lyme

My auto fem Blueberry plant was got to by a male land race Afghani. Outside grow, i'm sure this was caused by small flying wasp-like bugs, because there aren't any honey bees.... Any guesses as to whether these seeds would favor the Blueberry auto or the Afghani strain? Would the pure strain (Afghani) overpower the hybrid (Blueberry)?

I have always read that cannabis is a wind-pollinated plant (the picture I took of the plant on my deck yesterday notwithstanding).

As for how the kids are going to look, that's in the hands of Allah (in deference to your male Afghani) unless you know which traits are dominant.

From genetics science point of view, there is no reason that the "pure strain" would overpower a hybrid strain... at least not that I can think of anyway.

2017-08-02_Day_64_011_Bee.jpg

Scientific,that's a great picture with the honeybee. .... I also have another Blueberry about a hundred yards away which i think was pollinated by this renegade Afghani male. It's hard to believe pollen could get that far or small wasps carrying pollen....Northeast Missouri 8/9/17

It's hard to believe pollen could get that far or small wasps carrying pollen....

As a hay fever sufferer, I can tell you that pollen goes everywhere! ;)

I like the idea of cannabis pollen wafting all around on a summer day, fertilizing any maiden flower in the vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom