Murz's CherryPopping 1stTime BagSeed Grow!

Murz

Over the past week, since I discovered my heftly little seed that came from a mixed OZ of some G13/TRAINWRECK/SOUR DIESEL goody bag, i have been staulking the various forums on 420magazine.com, particularly the Grow Room.
I have to say that MS.FOX'S 5-Star 1st time Bagseed Grow Thread was one of THE most influential thread's I have read thus far, It made me wanna test out MY little bagseed I found! So I gathered a few of the basic ingredients used for any somewhat successful 1st time grow and went at it. Here's all the basic essential information I have for you thus far!

Strain: WHO KNOWS?!? (bagseed)
Bucket Size: 2.5 gallon(plastic cup at the moment, seedling)
Medium:EarthGro Potting Soil Mix from walmart
Lights: 1 ecosmart CFL 150wt 2600 lumen w/ clamp dome reflector
Ventilation: 1 6in clamp desk fan on highest speed
Room Dimensions: closet, 2' deep X 4' wide X 7'tall

I germinated the seed in a few hot wet paper towels inside two ceramic bowls(one on top of the other to keep heat in) sitting underneath a light as a heat source. Took approx. 36hrs for small white baby root to pop this morning, I got all excited and went to go grab some essentials and get started!

Mind you this IS my first attempt at a grow, but I'd like to learn as much as possible and have it be a successful attempt! So any advice or tips is much appreciated. So far I've seen nothing but groovy love from everyone on the site, you all seem VERY knowledgable and eager to help even the most basic grow attempts.
:thanks::bravo::thanks::adore::thanks:

I shall be posting pictures in a few, just to show you the setup.

-Murz

DSCF06422.JPG

DSCF06431.JPG

DSCF06452.JPG

ok murz...i'm along for the ride...i did a bag seed grow outside...don't make the mistake i did...clone your plants...you never know whats coming up...out of 10 beans one came up with real red pistils...going to start a inside grow...got some Jock Horror on the way still getting room ready...got cfl bulbs...a lot of reading under my belt...this is a good site..good luck on your grow...peace...o yeh...u need more light

ok murz...i'm along for the ride...i did a bag seed grow outside...don't make the mistake i did...clone your plants...you never know whats coming up...out of 10 beans one came up with real red pistils...going to start a inside grow...got some Jock Horror on the way still getting room ready...got cfl bulbs...a lot of reading under my belt...this is a good site..good luck on your grow...peace...o yeh...u need more light

thanks for the tag along, i need as much help as i can get. On a super tight budget right now, just lost my job, so everything i've purchased thus far has been less than $20. Working on getting a 400watt hood light from a buddy as soon as i get a hold of him. i figured i had enough to get it started.

Congratulations on popping your grow cherry. I just finished chopping some trainwreck I had gotten as a clone, so I'm curious what your plant will be. I'll be peaking in every now and again, I must say people love pictures, so I'm curious if you are going to grow it right where it is or have a setup in a closet? Either way I'm subbed.:bravo:

3 days is the average...i had some come up in 2 days ...some took 7....but if they are somewhere warm and dark..3 days

wait, so in order to sprout it needs to be dark? cause i've had it under 24/0 CFL'S(i added one more bulb) since i put it in the soil...

I know i sound like a total noob, but thats just because i am. lol appreciate all the help.

Congratulations on popping your grow cherry. I just finished chopping some trainwreck I had gotten as a clone, so I'm curious what your plant will be. I'll be peaking in every now and again, I must say people love pictures, so I'm curious if you are going to grow it right where it is or have a setup in a closet? Either way I'm subbed.:bravo:

:thanks: I'm pretty stoked to see what the outcome will be too, so far i dont have a sprout yet...its been in soil for about 24hrs, after it got it's taproot. I've had it under 2 CFL'S for 24/0, but does it need to be dark for it to sprout??? i'm confused on this...and that actually IS my closet set up. i'll try and take more pictures today to show you guys a lil better.

also thinking about going to snag some much better soil today, cause i got like the cheapest shit walmart had, its super chunky and just doesnt look as good as everyone else's soil, plus i heard its good to have super fine soil when waiting for the sprout???

does'nt need light until its above ground...i got the one with moisture control from walmart...the texture of the soil doesn't make that much difference as long as it has good drainage and good nutrients in it its ok...i been growing my seeds in jiffy pellets...this time i decided to germinate first...not doing so good...out of 3 i got one growing...1 died...1 broke ground and is just laying there..the stores are out of pellets..they are a seasonal item...have to order them off line this time of year...i think i better get some...these seeds i got coming wasn't cheap...one thing about growing...u have to have patience

Welcome to 420 murz.

Will you be growing in a closet? If you are buying some new soil it might be a good idea to think about fertilizer as you said you was on a tight budget a organic soil mix with perlite, worm castings, bat guanos, blood, bone meal might be a good idea this way this should last you the complete grow without having to spend loads and ferts.

Good luck bro.

Welcome to 420 murz.

Will you be growing in a closet? If you are buying some new soil it might be a good idea to think about fertilizer as you said you was on a tight budget a organic soil mix with perlite, worm castings, bat guanos, blood, bone meal might be a good idea this way this should last you the complete grow without having to spend loads and ferts.

Good luck bro.

Yep, this is a closet grow, i live in an apartment with my girl and we have a baby on the way. It all pretty much started with me losing my job, getting bored, and surfing the web! lol, i found a chunky seed and i was like, ah what the hell, let's take it for a whirl.

I just got back from walmart and got some Miracle Gro Seed Starting Mix for like 3 bucks, i heard that was good to get a decent root system going, and the medium i had previously was some super chunky organic bullshit that i intend on mixing with spahgnum moss, perlite, and some sand and i did see some blood meal and what not so i'll prolly pick up some of that as well.

Posting more pics up here in a min...

The Closet Set-up, as you can see i cleaned everything outta the space, didn't want it to be all cluttered...
DSCF06491.JPG

Also, switched to Miracle Gro Seed Starting Mix for my medium, hopefully this little bitch sprouts!
DSCF06512.JPG

Here's a view with the lights off, any suggestions as to lights being on/off until it sprouts?? i've heard you can do both, but you guys know better than i do...
DSCF06521.JPG

looks like a fair size closet you got there :D Just heat intill she cracks her shell off murz then blast with the cfl's! I would put a lil dome over the top of your pot to create a lil humidity she will show herself alot faster.

I would personly have that big cfl on its side as most light is distributed there you can always make a lil hood for your bulb. There is also very little heat produced from them so once she hase some shown her self drop it a little bit.

Lights out mate intill she has cracked her shell off and started to open her first round embryo leaves once you see these switch your lights on and leave the dome over intill you see your first or second set of true leaves then itll be good to take it off.

Do you have a clear dome ? To alow more lumens to pass through to the leaves?

Lights out mate intill she has cracked her shell off and started to open her first round embryo leaves once you see these switch your lights on and leave the dome over intill you see your first or second set of true leaves then itll be good to take it off.

Do you have a clear dome ? To alow more lumens to pass through to the leaves?

Check and Double Check!!!:adore:
I put a clear glass over it upside down, will that work? or should i go grab some saran wrap?

the cfl bulbs...more light comes from the sides...u want your bulbs mounted horizontal over your plants..the one without a reflector you can rig one up using a pie pan..even foil..and when your plant comes up..put your light 3 inches from your plant...cfls don't burn hot..judge the distance by putting your hand between plant and light...if light doesn't burn the top of your hand...your distance is ok...

Back
Top Bottom